• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EVOL gets another Crow

Shot this crow at 109 yards out hay mow doors left handed. Set up a crow decoy and my foxpro out in the pasture, called in a murder. 44 grain Hades sacked him good but he needed a follow up. My plenum came and once I use up the hades I’m going to set it up for 68 grn slugs from an NOE mold. It already shoots the cast slugs well but at 700fps with current tune. Hades are at 875.

IMG_6365.jpeg

Wow! 109 yards? Where’d you hit him initially? Did you not have an opportunity to shoot any others?
I hit him in the side of the chest but low. I tried for another which was me leaning even farther out the upstairs door and still shooting left handled. When I could barely see him trying to shoot around the roof overhang, thinking I was clear I touched it off. Only to find out VERY QUICKLY I wasn’t quite clear enough! My pellet caught the very edge of the tin roof! It was quite loud and after that the rest left, lol.

Thinking I was clear I touched it off.... Only to find out VERY QUICKLY I wasn’t quite clear enough! My pellet caught the very edge of the tin roof! It was quite loud and after that the rest left, lol.

Oh! So, I'm not the only one who shoots holes into window frames, overhanging roof, and other parts of the home that doubles as a sniper's hide?

Good to know. I'd hate to be alone in my self-incriminations.... 😉

Matthias

Oh! So, I'm not the only one who shoots holes into window frames, overhanging roof, and other parts of the home that doubles as a sniper's hide?

Good to know. I'd hate to be alone in my self-incriminations.... 😉

Matthias
It looked real good with the scope on 18x…It surprised all those who were present ie me, the crows and the horses…

@Heyboy I am really surprised that you got a Hades pellet to stretch out that far accurately shooting from your Evol. This is an Evol .30, correct? I started seeing my groups open up outside of 75 yards shooting .30 JSB Hades pellets out of my Evol .30.
Yes, it’s a .30. Mines always shot around moa give or take at 100 with the hades. I bought it used and the reg was set at 2000. I am switching to Zans and my own cast slugs like I said previously though. I competed shooting offhand muzzleloader and BP cartridge rifles so I enjoy casting and making my own quality ammunition. I just finished installing the plenum this morning and bumped the reg up to 2250. Time for some chrony work

• Wow
Reactions: L.Leon and SHOMER
Nice shot!! They are tough birds and I’m not surprised at the need of a follow up shot. I used to shoot them (much closer than 109) with 18 gr 22. You have to be perfect with those. I since have decided to only use bigger caliber. I shot one with an 18 gr and it took two follow ups. I shot another up in a tree about 30 yards. I know the pellet went right through the neck area. The bird went downward but was still sort of flying. Never did find it. When you shoot one it’s best to have a shot gun nearby as you can usually get several from the pissed off murder that comes with ferocity.