Evol, Daystate and Aigun Technology.

I know the quality and reliability of Daystate and Aigun Technology. 

Compare to Daystate and Aigun Technology, what is the plus of Evol rifles? What should you be looking for in order to choose it over the other two.

(I am not including FX in the exercise because those rifles are more fragil and more for people who like to play all day long with the tunning. So when choosing an FX you are not looking for a real solid platform but for a shooting meccano). 

Compare to Daystate and Aigun Technology, what is the plus of Evol rifles? What should you be looking for in order to choose it over the other two.

(I am not including FX in the exercise because those rifles are more fragil and more for people who like to play all day long with the tunning. So when choosing an FX you are not looking for a real solid platform but for a shooting mecano).

So FX air rifles are fragile? Thanks for the heads-up.

I guess I'm good though; as I have 7 of them. So if one breaks...😂

Probably owned 10 or more FX rifles starting with the Ultimate. Never had one break. only sent one back (Verminator Extreme) for an unnecessary re-seal prior to selling it. I'm not sure how abuse of an airgun or anything else became the standard for quality. Some people think they have the right to destroy things and use the warranty as an excuse for all of us to pay for their stupidity.

I have the Evol .30. This goes into the woods with me for bigger targets. What I really like, besides being as rugged as a rifle as you can get, is that it's a "just shoot" gun. Not interested in running the pellet gauntlet or spending a ton of time tuning. That's where this gun shines. It's not the most compact you can get but I'm too old to be trudging through heavy undergrowth anyway. The jsb 44 grain are more accurate than me. The magazines are superb. Carries well with a magpul sling. Mostly walking the edges of fields or in no undergrowth woods. Hurt to open the wallet that far but it has proven to be well worth it. The prophet, huben, and wolverine (all .22) now stay on my property or around farmers barns.

Looking at the photos of the EVOL guns, I see nothing to write home about.

You want tough, you buy an Edgun ! The company owner runs over a Lelya with his truck. I do not...think an EVOL would fair too well, being run over.

Mike

You obviously haven't seen the video of the torture test by Dana Webb that did way more than just driving over it which he did multiple times, but throwing off a cliff and dragging behind his jeep for a mile. Passed with flying colors. 

I owned one and if you want rugged and dependable simply hard to compare to any other. Yes Edgun are very rugged and like them. But would probably give the edge to the EVOLs in sheer ruggedness. 

Probably owned 10 or more FX rifles starting with the Ultimate. Never had one break. only sent one back (Verminator Extreme) for an unnecessary re-seal prior to selling it.

Yeah, but did you ever throw any of your FX rifles off a mountain or drive over them with a Landcruiser?

No, but if I did, I would not not blame the gun construction, or the manufacturer. I'd man up and pay to fix it or eat the loss. It's called personal responsibility, which is rarely seen anymore. Everything is someone elses fault, and that's why todays world is the way it is.

i already went thru all those brands, Red Wolf in .22 and .25 cal, Vulcan 3 in .22 cal and the Evol in .30 cal and from all those 3... i will pick the Evol rifle with no doubt.. and that its me.

the Red Wolf is a really nice rifle but heavy to carry out all day also you will need to do the ART tune in order to get under 1 inch groups at 100 yards, AoA did the ART tune on my RW .22 and i was able to do under MOA groups at 100 yards, the Vulcan 3 is a nice gun and accurate but i didnt like the sound of the hammer on my ear on every shot.. the hammer sound was louder than the shot it self and also you will need to tune this rifle because the one i get brand new out of the box STD was to high. contrary to the Evol .30, that i use to have.. that rifle is accurate, light weight, built like a tank (i bet is a hunters dream gun). i am more of bench rest shooting so i just bought the impact M3 which is on the way but the Evol .22 is on my list for the future

Have a RedWolf in 22 and it is a laser with the Heliboard. The ability to change the speed on the fly is great for tuning. 

I would love to get an Evol in .25 or .22 as well as they are a tank of a gun. Having spent last summer shooting the EdGun and the tension barrels, the Evol would be a monster for accuracy as well.

You really couldn't go wrong with any of them really.

I guess a lot of people haven't seen Dana's videos and what he put those guns through. For whatever hobby or something you're passionate about, who doesn't love a well made, reliable, and durable product?

https://youtu.be/xvuCfmzEo7o

https://youtu.be/2XgCJKX2U-4

https://youtu.be/nVb29M95HX4

https://youtu.be/mDbzrBfSidg

https://youtu.be/mjv0SzhHPdw

https://youtu.be/XlLNH-qvjhc

(I am not including FX in the exercise because those rifles are more fragil and more for people who like to play all day long with the tunning. So when choosing an FX you are not looking for a real solid platform but for a shooting meccano).

Wow, the statement about leaving FX out of the equation really brought out some emotional responses! Owning both an Impact and an Evol, the Impact is not a good choice for going from a gun case to the woods for first shot accuracy. The Evol is dependably accurate. Though some don't like the overall length or weight of the adjustable Magpul PRS stock on the Evol, that is easily remedied. Install a small scope, an AR folding stock adapter and an AR skeleton stock and it becomes short and light.

While I only have personal experience with the Evol it is built like a tank and very solid. I did think it would be my go to always dependable gun.....until it cut/blew the Probe O-ring on the second mag ever thru it! Easy fix though.

On all of my airguns, I use a small film of silicone grease on the pellet probes and o-rings (along with greasing any moving parts interacting with o-rings) to allow them to easily slide on each other. Because of experiences told like yours, this is preventive maintenance I do so those parts operate smoothly and do not roll or bind causing cutting on those sharp corners and tight tolerances.

I also put some grease on it. The Magazines that came with it were Fairly sharp and Silicone grease is no match for aluminum. It actually had a fairly bad pellet shaving problem would it have smoothed itself out over time?! Probably. Either way a very solid and reliable set it and forget it platform. Definitely not for the tinkerer obviously that comes with more chances of failures.👍