Evol .30

Got my new .30 and starting to get some led through it. As everyone says, the trigger is truly awesome. One slight issue is the glass on the tank pressure gauge fell out before shipping. When I received it and put it in it's a lose fit. When I go back and forth from inside to outside for filling the plastic condensates on the inside. Haven't noticed this on any of my other guns. These gauges aren't filled with gas, are they? Anyone else ever run into this with gauges?

Got my new .30 and starting to get some led through it. As everyone says, the trigger is truly awesome. One slight issue is the glass on the tank pressure gauge fell out before shipping. When I received it and put it in it's a lose fit. When I go back and forth from inside to outside for filling the plastic condensates on the inside. Haven't noticed this on any of my other guns. These gauges aren't filled with gas, are they? Anyone else ever run into this with gauges?

Haven’t had that issue, but my manometer lags and makes jerky incremental increases as I approach 4000 psi. I usually go off of my tank gauge when filling. The gauge that came on the gun may not be be best quality. We can likely upgrade them fairly easily. I just deal with mine. To address your question about the gauge being gas treated, I have no idea. If it’s a new gun I suggest contacting the retailer or manufacturer about your issue. Can you post a pic?

IMG_0904.1645192926.JPG

Here's a pic of what's going on.

These freaking things are worse than building a hot rod. Only about 2 tins through it, (2 tanks of gas), and I'm all ready after upgrades. Does it ever end???????? Is there a better choice for another regulator?

Off to the races we go.

IMG_0904.1645192926.JPG

Here's a pic of what's going on.

These freaking things are worse than building a hot rod. Only about 2 tins through it, (2 tanks of gas), and I'm all ready after upgrades. Does it ever end???????? Is there a better choice for another regulator?

Off to the races we go.

That’s just me speculating about the quality of the gauges considering your issue and what I noticed with mine. I can live with mine for the moment. I have more pressing issues and things I’d like to get before swapping out manometers on my Evol. As long as it’s shooting consistently and not leaking I’m content. If I had the glass fall off of mine I’d want to replace it. So hopefully your warranty covers this issue. 

What’s this about another regulator? What issue are you having with your regulator? What’s your reg set at?

They should not be gas filled, nor have fallen out. If damaged like that in shipping, the shipping company should replace the gage. There is usually a small hole drilled in the back side of manual air gages, probably for atmospheric balance inside and out. Someone could have got water vapor in the gage checking for leaks. With the gun aired down for safety, you can use a hair dryer on low heat to evaporate the condensate from both the gage and lense before reinstalling the lense. When good and dry,inside, apply a sealing adhesive around the edge of the metal frame and snap the lense pack in place

I'm not a fast typer, and see you wondering about the regulator for upgrades. I don't think there is much "performance" to be had there in the aftermarket The FPS spreads with this gun are pretty tight and the plenum is a decent volume of slinging lead fast and efficient in a short barrel. The thing can be cranked way up too, but shot count suffers tremendously and air is waisted after the slug leaves the barrel.

Airgun hobibyist, thank you for the info on how to approach this. If it wasn't new I'd go that route. Still nice to know the hair dryer trick. And that they are not gas filled.

I also learned today that the correct names are manometer and regulator. Which are self evident if I just look at the words for a second. But I learned something and that makes today a good one. I'll do like Michael suggested and go to my retailer.

All the info provided has been nothing but supportive and helpful. I don't respond a lot to threads because I really don't think I have a lot to contribute. Only because everyone else is such a wealth of knowledge. I'm still learning. But also today I got a better understanding of what some say about this is a community thing.

A sincere thank you to all for your help

John

John, we are all learning as we go here. Though a lot of times it is through trial and error and a dent in our pocketbooks! The airgun you chose is a well engineered piece of American craftsmanship. It sucks the lense popped off in shipment. But in doing so you too are be gaining knowledge and can possibly pass some of that knowledge along to someone else. Thanks go to Michael as well for this forum and the wealth of knowledge that it contributes to the airgun world. And as suggested, a call to the retailer first is probably best. (My nature is to fix things myself if I can.)

The Huma regulator is a down grade. Our regulator is designed as a system and will proved the best consistency. Do not be fooled by unprofessional advertising.

We are happy to replace your gauge, it is very simple to replace. These are all SS gauges made to our specs and have been very reliable compared to past manufacturers we have used. As posted above, they are vented to the atmosphere so sometime they will get moisture in side when traveling to different climates. Generally they clear up in a few days. 

PM me with your details. 

tom

Reactions: Ezana4CE
I could not be more impressed with the service from Slayer with this. And with the stock issue. And with how Tom @ High Pressure has treated me. So I had a couple issues. Not a big deal in any way when both the seller and maker are right there for you. I really like this gun to begin with but now even more so knowing that they don't use cheaper components to keep prices down. So many companies seem to do that now a days.

This rifle was purchased with only hunting in mind. I don't want to be tuning it and experimenting with pellets/slugs. I wanted a accurate, substantially powered, rugged gun. Something to grab and go with. I think I got it.

Should have the Leupold VX Freedom 3x9 delivered tomorrow (thanks to The Optic Zone). Next week I hope to be out in the woods to see if I can get one for Titus.

Thanks everyone