EVOL .30 100 yards groups

today i went to the target shooting for another test on the evol and did some groups at 100 yards and the best performing pellets were the JSB 44 grains and the FX 50 grains, the FX 44 grains perform same as the JSB 44 grainers while the JSB 50 grains were the worst ones, they fly all over making bigger groups

20210829_1111092 1.1630285857.jpg

i try to make a tighter groups but for some reason some shots got out of the corral, wind was 10 to 15 miles no big deal (i think)..

after this post https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/evol-30-is-this-good/#post-1067072  Tom PM me (thank you Tom for taking the time to help me) and he tell me how to reduce the power on the rifle and get some extra shots but after that i was thinking, if he leave this rifles at his best performance i should leave the gun at the way it is and im happy because the gun is performing awesome (not the shooter lol)... actually the shooting range rear wall (dirt wall) is around 175 to 200 yards from the shooting table and i took some shots to the wall hitting the same spot so what else i can ask for :)

I shot my EVOL 30 out to 211 yards this weekend in difficult switching winds. The FX 44.8 pellets shot wonderfully out to 125 yards. After that the FX Hybrids did much better at 157 and 211 yards. 

The FX 30 Hybrids are worth trying if you can find some. Mine seems to like them better unlubed straight from the box. This is with the factory tune.

B4B7975C-2A24-469B-85C1-630850B2393C.1630938112.jpeg

The Hybrids shoot pretty good for me up close as well.

Three five shot groups with Fx 44.8 gr pellets along the cardboard. The Shoot-n-see is a 9 shot group with FX Hybrid 30s. There was one flyer in first three shots. The barrel had not been “seasoned” with the slugs first. These groups are at my zero range of 40 yards. 5-10mph wind right to left. Wind died down on far right cardboard group.

Dont see to many EvoLs on here. Or on any of the other airgun websites. I just about bought one in 30 but got the hps. No complaints. Still have yet to really stretch it out beyond 144 yards. I have been impressed so far. Though these shots have been on pigeons and Eurasian doves, and not paper. I need to take it out and really see what it can do once it cools off a bit more. When I bought it fires hit the area and then heavy rains washed out the same area. It was closed off for a while. Then got busy as hell at work. Summer time shooting is a no go because they close off a lot of areas due to fire risks. That and its just to dam hot. This season is looking good though.

Dont see to many EvoLs on here. Or on any of the other airgun websites. I just about bought one in 30 but got the hps. No complaints. Still have yet to really stretch it out beyond 144 yards. I have been impressed so far. Though these shots have been on pigeons and Eurasian doves, and not paper. I need to take it out and really see what it can do once it cools off a bit more. When I bought it fires hit the area and then heavy rains washed out the same area. It was closed off for a while. Then got busy as hell at work. Summer time shooting is a no go because they close off a lot of areas due to fire risks. That and its just to dam hot. This season is looking good though.

Is there an HPS version out in .30cal or are you referring to the 22 HPS? I recall Tom mentioning it in one of Dana Webb's (MountainSport Airguns) videos about introducing a .30cal slug shooter (Evol 30 HPS).

Is there an HPS version out in .30cal or are you referring to the 22 HPS? I recall Tom mentioning it in one of Dana Webb's (MountainSport Airguns) videos about introducing a .30cal slug shooter (Evol 30 HPS).

As far as I know the HPS only comes in .22. Have not seen anything other then that on American Air Arms site or AoA's site. A .30 would be cool. So would a .177. I would more then likely get a .177 if they released one.