EVOL .22 Mini

Just got my Evol Mini .22 with left hand cocking lever today in the mail! I traded my RTI Compact Performance .25cal. T
20220527_143556.1653704023.jpg
20220527_143143.1653704040.jpg
he left hand lever on the RTI was one of the few things I liked about the gun. Build quality on this thing is other worldly. This will be used as a father's day gift replacing a Hatsan Flashpup. The only bad thing is I have to buy one for myself next....

Reactions: douger
@ranchibi yeah I am likely just going to buy more .217s and call it good. They shoot consistently accurate much further 110yds+. Even out to 150yds. I think the biggest thing is the no choke really. They keep there speed going rather than slow down right before they come out. Its very accurate barrel though with the ammo I have being 16gr JSBs, 14.3gr CPHP and 20.2gr NSAs.

@woogie_man yeah I do think the non HP version of the Redwolf would be fun just to keep it shorter but yeah what I do just is too rough on a gun like that would hate to mess it up! Those HPS look awesome. Too big for my liking but think they would be fun to play with. These guns make really good power and efficiency with the barrel lengths they have.

Dillon, like your barrel, my .22 RAW's barrel is non choked and both pellets and slugs benefit from it I believe....especially slugs where the spin is associated with speed to some extent. Your TJ barrel is much more forgiving than my LW poly though as mine needs speeds in excess of 920fps to gain slug spin stability....which means yours is more efficient too! Ha! Enjoy that little dragon!

@Dairyboy I bought a UTG 3-12X44 30mm nothing fancy because I know it will be used mainly for backyard pest control. The moderator is 5 1/2 inches on this one. I can't upload pictures atm for some reason? I did put the new stock and handgrip on the gun. The hand grip that comes with gun is actually pretty good but rubberized is also nice its a toss up between the two imo.

@woogie_man So for mine I'm getting around 30-40 shots per fill. Can't remember exactly. I fill to like 250bar usually max fill pressure is 275bar. Tomorrow I plan to test that out. I do think that gun would be awesome for those uses! And bet it could show the FX boys by you a thing or 2 lol. Like said if you can swing it there definitely worth it.

@peskadot671 oh I guess I haven't noticed that. My 15" had the same short one as the Mini I have. Good to know!

@ranchibi yeah that is interesting on your RAW barrel. I'm not sure of the twist rates of that barrel but yeah could be that. I've had a few barrels that haven't been picky with speed of slugs. Could also be the poly barrel thing also. I heard they generally like speed. But yeah regardless it's alot of fun thanks!

@xsport oh that should fit nicely on it at least! Yeah I like a vertical grip personally. I had a Tuxedo grip on my original one and now have my Ergo Zero grip on the Mini. Think I like the Ergo more for the rubberized feel but does get dirty. The palm swell is very nice though. I didn't know you could order a lefty direct through AOA. Good for others to know! I prefer right but left can be nice as a righty also. And with the larger moderator I'm sure it'll be even quieter!

@dairyboy I was a little hesitant to say what scope I got for the gun after seeing Peskadot671's scope. That "March" scope must be incredible good it's definitely in the wallet buster category! The noise level of the gun is not as bad as I was expecting...I was pleasantly surprised. I will do a sound meter test soon and setup my Condor SS to shoot the same speed as a generic comparison and report back.

Lol yeah he's got some nice scopes that I would love to own someday but doubt I ever will. That WestHunter should work fine for it also. People seem to enjoy them. At that price would be hard to beat for sure. 

Arken has a sale going on and can get them for like $280. I almost bought another one as I enjoy the scope but there so heavy. It wouldn't fit well on the EVOL I don't think. Fits great on my Tikka T1X though. 

Personally I'm an Athlon fan and usually stick to the Helos BTR Gen2 line. Either the 2-12x42 or 4-20x50 which is the one I have on my EVOL. Nice scopes with great glass, turrets and reticles. And great warranty.

Well was gonna shoot this morning and get my exact distance I'm zeroed at and see what the NSA 20.2gr are zeroed at this tune so I can really get Strelok dialed but rain yet again. I'd say the past month at least 75-80% of the days we've had rain of some sort. Crazy. Not complaining as last year was very dry for us but yeah very opposite this year.