evil possum gets hammered

first i had an egg poacher, got that one .. then a few nights later i get several chickens killed, not tore up or eaten, just dead layin around with a few feathers ripped out .. couldnt read it, i assumed it was likely a racoon but it was pretty clean for that, just some wasted birds layin around ... so i 'think' it was this guy, a male, maybe it was getting revenge for his gf getting toasted the other day? saw the chickens as a threat? no idea, we'll stake it out again in a couple days see what we get ..

20240405_000306.jpg

20240404_192432.jpg

For me, Opossums get a pass as they are one of the best scavengers I have.

If they are a problem for you, I understand, but for me, I don't kill any Opossums.

To each their own.

All my best!

Kerry
i never messed with them until they became an issue with my chickens .. honestly, i have video documented about 20 kills over the past few months right at my chicken coop .. a couple, ok, but thats over the 'pest level' line lol ..yeah it had become a serious problem ..

Reactions: BackStop
i never messed with them until they became an issue with my chickens .. honestly, i have video documented about 20 kills over the past few months right at my chicken coop .. a couple, ok, but thats over the 'pest level' line lol ..yeah it had become a serious problem ..
I definitely understand killing them if you raise chickens, etc. However, since I don't (raise chickens, etc), Opossums get a pass because they take care of the tree rats and chippers I kill. As I said, they are just about the best scavengers and really not dangerous.

In any case, I understand and see no problem with killing them to protect chickens, etc.

All my best!

Kerry