• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Everything about FX Crown!

A lower pressure for longer term storage would be better for o-rings to remain sealing, and keep out dust / debris.(better than no pressure) 50 bar above regulator pressure should be sufficient.
Totally degassing the gun for long-term storage is a good way to develop a leak the next time you pressurize it. Seen it happen. O-rings tend to move, shrink, silicone grease dries out, and o-rings tend lose their sealing position with no pressure holding or compressing them in the proper place.

So do you think removing the gun bottle is absolutely wrong and will my gun damage and cost? it's true?

Please guys consider my circumstances while answering my questions, because I don't have access to replace or change anything in the gun at least for a year, so please give me the best advice for my situation
1f64f.svg

In my opinion, it is unnecessary...

In my experience, an o-ring that is frequently disturbed (dismantled, adjusted, exposed to outside contamination) is more likely to fail than an o-ring that is left unmolested and untouched. So were you to constantly remove the bottle and de-pressurize your rifle (by tweaking the regulator adjustment CCW), guess which o-rings are more likely to leak than they would be otherwise?

For folks who don't work on airguns, the safe approach is to leave the gun in one piece, store it carefully in it's case, and keep 'er clean and dry. Use a good filter and dehumidifier on your compressed air source and don't use substandard or dirty pellets. The barrel won't need cleaning as often as a powder burner and when you do clean, go easy with something like a patchworm and Ballistol. My two cents... 🎃

In my experience, an o-ring that is frequently disturbed (dismantled, adjusted, exposed to outside contamination) is more likely to fail than an o-ring that is left unmolested and untouched. So were you to constantly remove the bottle and de-pressurize your rifle (by tweaking the regulator adjustment CCW), guess which o-rings are more likely to leak than they would be otherwise?

For folks who don't work on airguns, the safe approach is to leave the gun in one piece, store it carefully in it's case, and keep 'er clean and dry. Use a good filter and dehumidifier on your compressed air source and don't use substandard or dirty pellets. The barrel won't need cleaning as often as a powder burner and when you do clean, go easy with something like a patchworm and Ballistol. My two cents...
1f383.svg

I had no o-ring leak from last month until now, I know that there will finally be a leak and this is o-rings nurture, but now I'm not talking about leaks. 

Right now, I haven't used the gun for one month, so what's your suggestion to increasing o-rings and regulator spring disk life in this situation? Remove or not remove the gun bottle? (I don't mean to completely disassemble the bottle, it's just to loosen it)

My main concern is regulator spring disk except o-rings. I heard somewhere the regulator spring disk deformed under constant and continuous pressure so loses its performance.

Okay,

So here is my thoughts.

Most everyone here is telling you they do not recommend removing the bottle.

I agree with that, you have 2 things to consider here.

First possible damage to your bottle Oring, it does not matter if you completely disconnect the bottle or 

just degass it. The Oring gets deformed as you unscrew the bottle because the pressure behind the Oring tries

to push it out the threads.I know because I have had to replace more than one Oring due to this! If you decide to degass it prior to loosening the bottle by shooting down the pressure you risk damaging the poppet valve.

The second half of the equation is by loosening the bottle you create a possible ingress for contamination (unfiltered air and possibly moist air)

I have only owned 5 different PCPs which is a novice class on here, however they have all been high-end units including the Crown, another FX, and now my RAWs. I leave mine with a full tank on purpose. And since I travel for work my RAWs will set sometimes a couple months without being fired. (SHAME ON ME)

If you are that concerned about the regulator, I have a suggestion that I did not see above.

Shoot the gun until you tank pressure is the same as you regulated pressure. Now the pressure is the same on both sides of the regulator thereby unloading pressure from the Belleville washers and springs, so it is no different than having the bottle removed.The only difference is you did not damage the bottle Oring by unscrewing under pressure,or the poppet valve by degassing the gun.

Last bit of advice, if you ask for opinions please listen when it is given, these guys have been shooting PCPs longer than most people will stay in the sport. Expressing your concern is important but if you want the information don't align them with your answer, you negate their experience and knowledge at that point.

There's always factors to concider. And ultimately, you have to take responsibility for that. Moisture, air quality, condensation, ect.

Most people store their guns fully or mostly pressurized and don't think twice. 

If you're worried about that, you could bleed pressure off, but I wouldn't bleed pressure entirely. And I wouldn't store the gun for very long with no bottle either without shooting it at all. Ideally you'd want the gun to be sealed (pressurized) 30 or 3000psi, doesn't matter to me. But the key is for the air to be clean. I have no worries about my guns being apart with the air quality of my house. But they aren't left like that for very long. Or around any moisture or particle laden air.

i got some questions about the crown too!

i saw that the continuum got picatinny rails. thats really nice because all my other airguns have picatinny too and sometimes i like to switch scopes and red dots for tinkering around.

but is it true, that its not available in .177 ? i want a sub12ftp airgun with a short barrel - continuum comes with 2 barrels 400mm and 700mm

can a .177 pellet liner not be fitted ?

well i guess a good choice would be maybe the crown vp edition in .177 because its comes with a 500mm barrel. i dont care if its a steel or carbon bottle.