• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Everyone freaking out about water...

Well, some were not so concerned about it in the past...

20240331_224914.jpg

20240331_224949.jpg

20240331_224954.jpg

20240331_225003.jpg

I run a foam type filter before my molecular sieve filter. I recently switched from a Yong Heng to a GX CS4.
With the Yong Heng the foam filter would be dirty and wet.
With the CS4 the filter is dry and clean.

I can also operate the CS4 without ear pro haha.

And like mentioned above, alway keep the tank you’re filling as high as you can above the compressor and filter.
I’m not a power user, so the CS4 has been great.

Reactions: maxtrouble
People freak out about things they don't understand. Some things are designed to use/tolerate water, and some things are not - know the difference. Most tanks have aluminum liners, and aluminum is common in airgun valves. There was no aluminum in the Girardoni . . .

Keeping water out of tanks and guns is easy - it involves in keeping liquid water out, and also keeping out any water vapor that will later condense out into liquid water when the air charge from the compressor (which is heated due to compression) later cools down.

Gravity can help with liquid water that has already condensed out into water, but it does nothing for the water vapor still in the heated air stream. Use an appropriate desiccant drier in the line, and then there will be no issues.

There is no need for panic or freaking out, but there is a need for appropriate action.

Last edited: