Ever want to sell every PCP? Just go back to tuned springers?

LOL!! I guess I'm going against the norm here. I am heading in the springer direction. However I will say this is for FT only. I shot one springer prior to the nationals this year and loved it. So I decided to shoot Hunter Piston class at the Nats and did pretty well for getting a gun set up 3 days prior. Next year is dedicated to WFTF Piston and maybe a few PCP Open GP's. Absolutely love the required focus and discipline required to shoot a springer. Every target at every distance is a challenge. There are no giveme's when shooting a springer. Lose your focus for a sec and you'll miss for sure.

Reactions: MysticalDragon
LOL!! I guess I'm going against the norm here. I am heading in the springer direction. However I will say this is for FT only. I shot one springer prior to the nationals this year and loved it. So I decided to shoot Hunter Piston class at the Nats and did pretty well for getting a gun set up 3 days prior. Next year is dedicated to WFTF Piston and maybe a few PCP Open GP's. Absolutely love the required focus and discipline required to shoot a springer. Every target at every distance is a challenge. There are no giveme's when shooting a springer. Lose your focus for a sec and you'll miss for sure.
I am considering a springer just for a change of pace and to give another springer shooter if one shows up. Now I'm trying to decide which one. I'm leaning towards a tx200 but I love the blue stock HW97. If I could find a blue TX200 or an aftermarket stock for one thats reasonable id grab it.

Wondering how many of you are tempted by “The Darkside.”

I’m seriously thinking about selling most PCP’s, keeping spring guns. Get one custom PCP from a top builder.

Really, seriously, emphatically, I hate springers. PCP's and pampers are the only thing left but after blowing out my shoulder, I can't pump a gun.

Well, I'm in the process. My last PCP is currently on the classifieds. When it is gone and I get rid of the two 4500psi tanks I will be back to springers and a pair of Crosman pump up handguns. I have an R7, R9, and HW95k, might even add something else it it hits me.
Why did you give up pcp?

My Snowpeaks will never go anywhere. They are durable and very easy to work on. I’ve never had them go down unless it was me tinkering on them.

I doubt my Huntsman will leave me.

I do plan on adding a springer, it’s been 25 years since I bought my last springer. Unfortunately I don’t have that RWS 48 anymore. I think I’ve determined I want a HW50S.

Reactions: MysticalDragon
Why did you give up pcp?

My Snowpeaks will never go anywhere. They are durable and very easy to work on. I’ve never had them go down unless it was me tinkering on them.

I doubt my Huntsman will leave me.

I do plan on adding a springer, it’s been 25 years since I bought my last springer. Unfortunately I don’t have that RWS 48 anymore. I think I’ve determined I want a HW50S.
I just got tired of messing with the air tanks and having to keep filling the tanks. I had one leak and the expense of sending it back and forth really soured me on them. I kept the Talon (hopefully it moves quickly) as it was easy to work on but the ergonomics is not good. The spring rifles just seem to fit me as I'm basically a plinker. I don't need the power of the PCP's as the rimfire fills that need.

I could light a cigar with a flint and steel and some dry tinder. I could light my house with rush lights or flaming torches in brackets Indiana Jones style. I could stay warm dressed in rabbit skins stitched together with hammered hemp fibres. I could communicate over distance with a smoky fire and a blanket.
Think I’d rather use the modern solution.
Hell, if it was good enough for Lewis and Clark……

Reactions: jusanothajoe