Ever want to sell every PCP? Just go back to tuned springers?

Yeah, I am looking into dumping my only step into PCP since I don't have the time, money, patience, experience, tools, support, etc. to keep doing this. I really like the idea, there are just too many problems for me to fix when all I really want is a utility plinker for a little weekend fun. If I knew then what I know now, I would not have bought the Herc Bully 357 in the first place.

Reactions: AirgunnerSC
Yeah, I am looking into dumping my only step into PCP since I don't have the time, money, patience, experience, tools, support, etc. to keep doing this. I really like the idea, there are just too many problems for me to fix when all I really want is a utility plinker for a little weekend fun. If I knew then what I know now, I would not have bought the Herc Bully 357 in the first place.

LOL that's your only step into PCP? I can see how that might have been a harsh experience. I like my springers and my PCP rifles but I just got a kick out of your post. Sell that beast and get yourself a Model 34 in .177. Hang a good piece of glass on it (SWFA 10x42) and you will never look back. Then someday you might again feel like getting a practical PCP rifle.

Good luck.

I was raised with nice Diana springers in the early 70's and got my first one in Germany when I lived there! Me and my young friends broke both of them, more so abuse than anything else and this from dry firing and pulling the trigger when the barrel was cocked all the way open - dumb kids we were.

And the only springer I really miss was the FWB 300s recoil-less that I sold to buy a FWB 601, tough call on which one I like better. 

Only one cheapy, but not a bad shooting lower powered old AR-15 esc, springer left. I guess that says it all, aye?!

PCP's are so pleasant to shoot, and are more to my liking, by a huge margin!

The only room in my heart is for another recoil less springer and that's a big maybe which depends on having a bunch of money burning a hole in my pocket.

Nah no desire to shoot springers anymore, that said I've never had a good one.

So sad for you.

Yes +1 😊

That’s what happens when you purchase your spring powered airgun at Walmart

I'm not saying there are NOT other quality air rifles...but I believe German and British are the best quality air guns available. I have a Beeman and an RWS I purchased in the late 1980's I still shoot regularly. each has been rebuilt only once thru the years.

I think working and tweaking on an Airgun, wether a springer, pcp, or the old Crosman CO2 model 600 shotgun style pump is all part of the enjoyment. 

A beverage of choice alongside a pcp all torn apart, and my hands soaked in moly paste and silicone oil, well, that’s good times for me.

But then again, this is coming from a guy that enjoys changing out the tranny fluid on his truck at 2am, and adjusting the shift points, lol

I had a custom Stalker bull pup back in the late 90s, but I got fed up with everything I had to go through to get a SCUBA tank charged, not to mention hauling it around at FT shoots. I do have one PCP Gun today- a Marauder- but I charge it with a hand pump. I bought it specifically for night hunting with an IR scope, as I didn’t know if the scope could handle spring gun recoil. I’ll probably sell it one of these days, as I prefer shooting spring guns.

I've had many if both over the years. Springers are, of course, much more difficult to shoot consistently, especially in moving hunting situations and they are limited in power. Having said that it is really rewarding to figure out how to shoot springers well.

Both have wear and age items in them. O-rings are a pain to find in the oddball sizes they use and stupid expensive to buy individually. 

I keep a few inexpensive springers around for plinking, pesting and close target work but distance stuff and most hunting is done with my PCPs. 

Well..I shoot with a group of guys that at 61 I'm the youngster. ALL of them have shot springers for decades. I bought a Huntsman..then. Redwolf..after seeing. the accuracy and shooting mine ALL but 1 have crossed over to the dark side. We now have Crowns, RAWS. Uragun Safaris, Wolverines and the list keeps growing.😁 One of the guys said he would NEVER own a electronic air rifle after I bought my Redwolf...HE just bought a Safari..I remind him to NEVER say NEVER.His Safari shoots great.

Started with springers, got frustrated, bought a quality PCP, sold most of my springers...……………….now buying springers again
1f918.svg

Love em both.

Yeah that’s kinda where I am too at the moment. 

I think working and tweaking on an Airgun, wether a springer, pcp, or the old Crosman CO2 model 600 shotgun style pump is all part of the enjoyment. 

A beverage of choice alongside a pcp all torn apart, and my hands soaked in moly paste and silicone oil, well, that’s good times for me.

But then again, this is coming from a guy that enjoys changing out the tranny fluid on his truck at 2am, and adjusting the shift points, lol

I love the appeal and feel of all of this, but it's like becoming a handyman after being a desk jockey -- there's a space between 1 and 100, but how do you get there? I have no idea how to deal with my own gun (and soon incoming guns), nor how to get there. I go to youtube vids showing how to tune my dirt-common marauder and they talk about ... errr .. machine presses etc. Holy Cripes!

It's like any other skill. If you've got the background, it's a walk in the park. If not, who knows what on earth you're talking about? Unfortunately, there are no community college or Learning Annex courses on disassembling and rebuilding your airgun etc. It's still a black art to people like me, long after youtube's 10 million suggestions of which the first 999,998 are dead ends.