• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ever Shot a Pest Inside Your Home?

Yeah, shot a snake with a .410 shotgun. I had no choice, I had to get some sleep & there was no way that was going to happen with a snake slithering around. There is a house about 2 miles from me that during site excavation the excavators dispatched several rattle snakes. They would have them on or near the bull dozers in the morning when they arrived. After the house was built , the owner thought the snake colony moved on, but on a couple occasions he has found one in his house.

Shot a couple mice in our old house-they would dig in the dirt in one our house plants. Stayed up late with a book and an old Crosman 107 pumped 3 times. The lath and plaster wall got a barely noticeable scratch. Probably the sweetest was a black widow spider on a wood box in the garage about 15 feet away. I was pretty sharp with my P17 at the time, nothing left but legs!

Yeah, shot a snake with a .410 shotgun. I had no choice, I had to get some sleep & there was no way that was going to happen with a snake slithering around. There is a house about 2 miles from me that during site excavation the excavators dispatched several rattle snakes. They would have them on or near the bull dozers in the morning when they arrived. After the house was built , the owner thought the snake colony moved on, but on a couple occasions he has found one in his house.

@Nutcracker You shot your shotgun in the house? 

Shot a couple mice in our old house-they would dig in the dirt in one our house plants. Stayed up late with a book and an old Crosman 107 pumped 3 times. The lath and plaster wall got a barely noticeable scratch. Probably the sweetest was a black widow spider on a wood box in the garage about 15 feet away. I was pretty sharp with my P17 at the time, nothing left but legs!

I can imagine how that would look. 

@Nutcracker You shot your shotgun in the house?

That was the same thing my wife said. The snake refused to leave & got belligerent, I had no choice. 

I almost shot a small mouse in my living room but the shotgun jammed.
1f606.svg

@Moog and @nutcracker Y’all are killing me with the shotgun stories. 😅 

@nutcracker How bad was the damage to what caught the majority of the shot? I hope it was birdshot. I had to look up a .410. The smallest shotgun I’m familiar with is a 20 gauge. 

I almost shot a small mouse in my living room but the shotgun jammed.
1f606.svg

@Moog and @nutcracker Y’all are killing me with the shotgun stories. 😅 

@nutcracker How bad was the damage to what caught the majority of the shot? I hope it was birdshot. I had to look up a .410. The smallest shotgun I’m familiar with is a 20 gauge.

Can't remember probably #4 or #6 shot. A .410 is just as powerful as a 12 gauge, just less shot, same velocity. It was in the basement, I keep trying to herd the 6 foot black snake outside. Every time i would get him to the open door he would turn and come back toward me. Finally I grabbed the closes loaded gun & fired. Concrete floor & wall, no harm. My wife screaming at me, was louder than the muzzle blast. But I did not need to worry about waking up with a snake laying on my chest.