Air Arms Evening Gents!

Well *(&^ boys, put another 500 through the TX and this wandering zero is making me think I might just like looking at the gun and not shooting it!
I am truly confounded. First off I have owned and operated a stick and mortar gun shop for the last 20 years. I was a competitive shooter and have been shooting high grade airguns since the 80's so I DO know HOW to shoot.
I have installed a Vortex PG4 Kit, I have cleaned the barrel, I have tightened all the screws including the action pillar nut. I have cleaned the barrel. I have mounted and un mounted the scope ( a very nice Meopta) in its Dampa Mount, I have tried 6 different pellets, weights and manufacturers, I have tried an open palm, front rest on squash bag, center hold and a rear hold as well. With 3 other springers I am able to get dime sized accuracy at 35 yards....
BUT THIS TX200HC is quickly losing its luster (figuratively) I can't hit &^^& with it! I am not joking when I say if I put a soda can at 35 yards I could not guarantee a hit!!!!

I know you guys will offer me 100 bucks to save me the frustration, thanks no thanks. But I am about to call Air Arms and ask them what they are willing to do about it if anything.

"dang" this is disappointing...I waited for 4 months and paid a disgusting amount of shipping to get it here and all I want to do is break it over a stump!

Weirauch is getting my next gun purchase for "dang" sure!
Have you pulled the plug out of the muzzle end and inspected it? TX barrel is sleeved and the plug in end is an air stripper of sorts that could be bent or miss aligned! Use a nickel and unscrew it and check it out.

Hafa Adai from sunny Guam!
Been breaking in a new TX200HC in .22 caliber. It is coming along nicely.
Bought some Boiled Linseed Oil for the walnut stock. Did you guys have any tips or tricks? or just remove the metal and use a cotton T-Shirt to wipe on a coat and let it dry and repeat a whole bunch of times?
For finishing a new stock the old saying used to be "once a day for a week, once a week for a month, and once a month for a year"

Reactions: bf1956
Boiled linsed oil with a dryer agent added is what you want , Linseed oil with out the dryer will take forever to dry.
Commercially available boiled linseed oil has a dryer in it. It is not actually boiled. If you want old fashioned boiled linseed oil, BLO, you get raw linseed oil and boil it yourself, which can be dangerous as at those temperatures it is highly flammable and dangerous.

Two things I would try. First another scope. Second, do you know another good Springer shooter? If so ask them to try it. My TX is fussy. It want very little shoulder and no cheek . Also replacing the rear sandbags with a v block covered in 1 layer of Velcro eliminated a lot of verticle.
I will try a new scope, I have had nothing but great service out of my meoptas, but in the interest of removing all variables...as for the other, I do not have much company here interested in airguns...but I will try tour idea of no cheek and no shoulder, ut Ill say this, if this gun is THAT fussy? To heck with it! My 97 hits at any range with most pellets and however I hold it...
The experiment continues...

I will try a new scope, I have had nothing but great service out of my meoptas, but in the interest of removing all variables...as for the other, I do not have much company here interested in airguns...but I will try tour idea of no cheek and no shoulder, ut Ill say this, if this gun is THAT fussy? To heck with it! My 97 hits at any range with most pellets and however I hold it...
The experiment continues...
Try replacing the two breech seals, they can compress and ruin accuracy, if you don’t have access to new breech seals flip their positions.

Get rid of the dampa mount, it’s not needed for a TX. Which Vortek kit, HO or 12 lb?

How did it shoot before you changed the spring?

If I recall correctly the factory spring comes with a top hat that does not normally fall out easily when you remove the spring.

Vortek’s are very quiet calm, set ups. you should be able to set a pellet on the top of your turret and fire the gun and the pellet stays put.

Last edited:
Very interesting suggestions sir...
It is the HO full power kit, I did get the tip hat out.
The gun has been unsatisfactory since I got it , hoped the spring kit would help. It hasnt.
I will looks at the seals.
I have never had an issue with a dampa mount, but in the interest of experimentation I could use solid mounts...not the dampa mount is not loose or squishy either,
Thank you again for the ideas

Very interesting suggestions sir...
It is the HO full power kit, I did get the tip hat out.
The gun has been unsatisfactory since I got it , hoped the spring kit would help. It hasnt.
I will looks at the seals.
I have never had an issue with a dampa mount, but in the interest of experimentation I could use solid mounts...not the dampa mount is not loose or squishy either,
Thank you again for the ideas
Do you check the stock screws every time after shooting? It took my prosport a couple of weeks of shooting and snugging to get them settled in.

yes, the stock screws and action pillar are all snug.
If the gun was sitting in a warehouse for a time the breech seals are probably squished. Change them or at least put the bottom one on top.

Let’s see some groups with the pellets you have.

Maybe we could recommend a diff pellet.

Is the shot cycle docile?

Last edited:
Bought some Boiled Linseed Oil for the walnut stock. Did you guys have any tips or tricks? or just remove the metal and use a cotton T-Shirt to wipe on a coat and let it dry and repeat a whole bunch of times?
You have plenty of tips from others so I'll not add to the confusion, but wanted to say thanks for the inadvertent trip down memory lane.

When I was in the Army, I had a section SGT who was from Guam. Every day for a couple years until he finally left I, he would walk in singing 'when your in Guam, they always say... Hafa Adai, Hafa Adai, Hafa Adaaaaaiiiii' I heard that so many times I wanted to choke him. :ROFLMAO:

Okay, its an F'n lemon.
I took the scope and mount off, after 3 hours at the bench and put the scope on a Berman R1, by many accounts a harder gun to shoot well, 1 damn hole at 25 yards smaller than a pinky nail.
I have possibly not tried EVERY trick in the book, but for over $1000 bucks deliveeed? I don't care any more.. im glad others love theirs. I'll replace it with a 77 in 22 and be done with it.
1000034641.jpg

Try and pull that little buffer button on the bottom of the barrel , I had a problem with it sticking into the barrel too far and was clipping the pellets on my tx. Steve!
I had noticed the centering roll pin was intruding enough to stop the plastic thread plug air separator from coming out, so I tested both with and without the stuff in the end. No help there..

You have plenty of tips from others so I'll not add to the confusion, but wanted to say thanks for the inadvertent trip down memory lane.

When I was in the Army, I had a section SGT who was from Guam. Every day for a couple years until he finally left I, he would walk in singing 'when your in Guam, they always say... Hafa Adai, Hafa Adai, Hafa Adaaaaaiiiii' I heard that so many times I wanted to choke him. :ROFLMAO:
Thats the work ethic here......
"Dad, when I grow up will I have to go to work like you do?"
"hafa adai!"

Well.....emailed Utah Airguns today to see what we can do about getting the rifle fixed or traded. I have only had it for about 2 months.
Suffice to say the young guy who answered the email was cordial but had to ask his boss what they could do for me and their answer was that I should reach out to Air Arms! Completely washed their hands of it!
I may or may not reach out to Air Arms or maybe Pyramid but they didn't sell me the gun....
I will never use Utah Airguns again, I have had a stick and mortar gunshop for two decades and to not even make an attempt to help me out for an obviously substandard product they sold me? to hell with them!, I will continue to use AoA from now on.

Reactions: bustachip
Welcome

Well.....emailed Utah Airguns today to see what we can do about getting the rifle fixed or traded. I have only had it for about 2 months.
Suffice to say the young guy who answered the email was cordial but had to ask his boss what they could do for me and their answer was that I should reach out to Air Arms! Completely washed their hands of it!
I may or may not reach out to Air Arms or maybe Pyramid but they didn't sell me the gun....
I will never use Utah Airguns again, I have had a stick and mortar gunshop for two decades and to not even make an attempt to help me out for an obviously substandard product they sold me? to hell with them!, I will continue to use AoA from now on.
Contact Air Arms in UK tell them your experience. See what they recommend.

Don’t give up on this gun. They are very easy take apart and work on. It has to be something. How did the piston seal look? Examine piston seal for any nick. Did you swap the lower and upper breech seals? Does the gun smell like a truck stop after you fire it. Maybe grease in front of the piston seal. Degrease everything and start over. Did you fire it over a chrony? What fps are you getting, is the fps consistency good?

If you get frustrated while working on it just walk away and come back to it the next day.

Watch some utube videos on tx200 disassemble and such.

If any parts don’t look right post pics.

Try different pellets.

Order new breech seals from air rifle headquarters.

Last edited: