Air Arms Evening Gents!

@Henry Bowman - Welcome to AGN. I have not done anything to my TX200 stock yet. Would like to see how the linseed oil works out.

I would add in a small brush to get in all the nooks and crannies and a good drop cloth. I am pretty clumsy.

Edit: I used to be haze grey and underway in the Seventh Fleet. Made it to Guam once or twice. Great place for springers.

Reactions: Bandito
@Henry Bowman - Welcome to AGN. I have not done anything to my TX200 stock yet. Would like to see how the linseed oil works out.

I would add in a small brush to get in all the nooks and crannies and a good drop cloth. I am pretty clumsy.

Edit: I used to be haze grey and underway in the Seventh Fleet. Made it to Guam once or twice. Great place for springers.
Hooyah! Former EO1 EOD/DV/PJ/SW now doing UXO clearance....Thanks for your service bro!

My method of applying linseed oil to a walnut stock is first thoroughly wash and dry my hands. I then apply a very small drop to the stock and rub it in as hard as I can with the heel of my palm. I repeat this until I've covered the whole stock.
One coat usually gives me the desired effect. The more coats you add the glossyer the stock gets. I like a satin finnish so I don't over do it.

I passed through Guam a couple of times when I was in the Air Force. I bet you can shoot from one end of the island to the other.

Thank you guys, the instructions suggest cutting it with mineral spirits.
As for the hand squashing method, what do you do about the checkering areas?
Do they look same color or are they completely different color when youv'e finished?
In the checkering areas I rub it in with my thumb. They will look the same colors as the other areas.
Just remember to use a very small amount of linseed oil at a time. Don't glob it on.

Reactions: bf1956
Here are a couple of the results I've had. The one on the right came out a little to glossy.

1710984337479-947113097.jpg

Reactions: bf1956
Do they look same color or are they completely different color when youv'e finished?
I use an old toothbrush for the checkering….suggest you thin your checkering brew, as you are only looking to seal it.

Reactions: bf1956 and crowski
When the final finish is achieved, then one light appiation of blo... right?

Spoke to my old gunsmith today, he suggest straight BLO, on a cottton T rag. Wipe it on liberally, use an acid brush for the fishscales, wait 15 min wipe off with a paper towel. Let sit overnight. Repeat for a week.
I applied first cost and it already looks better.
By the time my new spring kit arrives, the stock should be up to snuff.
1000033696.jpg

I will try send an after pic if this works.

Well *(&^ boys, put another 500 through the TX and this wandering zero is making me think I might just like looking at the gun and not shooting it!
I am truly confounded. First off I have owned and operated a stick and mortar gun shop for the last 20 years. I was a competitive shooter and have been shooting high grade airguns since the 80's so I DO know HOW to shoot.
I have installed a Vortex PG4 Kit, I have cleaned the barrel, I have tightened all the screws including the action pillar nut. I have cleaned the barrel. I have mounted and un mounted the scope ( a very nice Meopta) in its Dampa Mount, I have tried 6 different pellets, weights and manufacturers, I have tried an open palm, front rest on squash bag, center hold and a rear hold as well. With 3 other springers I am able to get dime sized accuracy at 35 yards....
BUT THIS TX200HC is quickly losing its luster (figuratively) I can't hit &^^& with it! I am not joking when I say if I put a soda can at 35 yards I could not guarantee a hit!!!!

I know you guys will offer me 100 bucks to save me the frustration, thanks no thanks. But I am about to call Air Arms and ask them what they are willing to do about it if anything.

"dang" this is disappointing...I waited for 4 months and paid a disgusting amount of shipping to get it here and all I want to do is break it over a stump!

Weirauch is getting my next gun purchase for "dang" sure!

• Wow
Reactions: WoodWelder