• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Even Pyramyd air now "Pyramyd" is joining the E-bike revolution

4-5 years ago I really had no idea where the E-bike E-moto world was,

in the effort to save on gas and other expenses with my RAM I decided to buy me a E-bike for commuting,

this was it :

SAM_0033.JPG
SAM_0034.JPG

she served me really well and saved me a bunch of money, but then I moved a bit further from my work so I needed a bike with more speed and range, so I gave this one to my teenage daughter and got me this:

A Magnum Nomad,
this bike has a top speed of 28 mph with a 20 miles range at top speed.
As a peddle assist cruser this is very good bike up there.

SAM_0036.JPG
SAM_0035.JPG

This bike now is my grocery getter and hunting rig because a year ago I got a job further away from my house so once again I needed more speed and range so I finally had the courage to buy an E-moto.

This is what I got:
a Surron light bee X

This bike has been nothing short of Phenomenal, with a top speed of 53 mph and a range of solid 50 miles + I clocked over 5300 miles on her.
not a single problem, the bike is so light and the regen braking is so efficient that I haven't even chenged the brakes and even the tires are still just about new.

By my calculations in one year I saver about 3 grand in gas and related truck things.

this is how I had her set up when she was my commuter:

SAM_0023.JPG

SAM_0016.JPG
SAM_0015.JPG

Now that I got a new commuter this is the way she look

SAM_0039.JPG
SAM_0041.JPG
SAM_0040.JPG

Fast forward to today,

about 3 weeks ago I got me a Surron Sorm bee, this bike is a beast,
I used to ride a Kawasaki KLR 650 and a Honda XR 550 and the Surron blows those bikes out the water.

I'm setting this bike up to be my main commuter,

the bike is phenomenal, incredible torque and good speed

very impressed with the range, my commute to work there and back is 30 miles, I don't look to go over speed limit but if traffic does I go with it, so in the end I travel mostly at 40+ mph with several long stretches in the upper 50s and mid 60s,

so after 2 days and 60 miles I still have anywhere between 20-30% battery left,...love it.

If I stay with the speed limits I probably can get a solid 100 miles per charge

SAM_0044.JPG
SAM_0043.JPG

My next buy when they get here is going to be a Jackery 2000 PRO solar generator, that way I will never bee stranded with my fleet.

Ebikes are the only practical form of a battery powerd vehicle at this time. Mine with the extra battery that I bought can go 100 miles on a charge doing 22 mph just on throttle. Even the CEO of Ford found out that charging a EF150 is a pain in the butt on a cross country trip. BTW, there are no savings to the environment from producing a E something vs. a gas vehicle. Actually a lot of Evehicles get dumped after the battery poops out. Motorcycles are a close second as to being practical but once you to get into cars with a 30,000 dollar battery pack then it's a no go.

Last edited:
Ebikes and young kids riding them are the ground based jet skiers and snowboarders of the water and snow world. Nobody exists except them.
We’ll be reading about ER visits before long. And insurance companies will be offering policies for them. An ebike crashing into a car will cause serious injury and damage to both parties potentially.
Meh, ride two wheels or even 4 wheels and you are courting the ER....X-rays available upon request. My worry are those Li Batteries deciding to spontaneous combust in my garage. Yeah Yeah Yeah car/MC fires happen too got that. It's our god given duty to use up the hydrocarbons that Mother Earth is making for us all of the time.

Meh, ride two wheels or even 4 wheels and you are courting the ER....X-rays available upon request. My worry are those Li Batteries deciding to spontaneous combust in my garage. Yeah Yeah Yeah car/MC fires happen too got that. It's our god given duty to use up the hydrocarbons that Mother Earth is making for us all of the time.
Ebike batteries have hundreds of cells and Ecars have many hundreds of them. All that it takes for a LiPo fire that is self sustaining to go off is one bad cell or a bad charger. All you can do is to run away from the fire if you are lucky enough to do it. I keep my Lithium batteries outside.

Last edited:
Are these e bikes considered motor vehicles? Registration and insurance required?
Generally no but in some states a class 3 can be. Guys are adding extra and larger motors and riding in traffic now. It's like big bore airguns, people push the limit until they get noticed and then lawmakers step in. The laws that will change are about where you store and charge the bike. I think that after a few apartment building fires that New York is banning them from being kept in apartments.

Last edited:
I saw the e-bike in PAs catalog. My first question was/is how well they are set up to support them? Are they running a bike shop now? Who covers shipping?
A lot of local bike shops are resistant to supporting unknown brands because of the Wild West condition of the e-bike market. If it’s my 3 grand I really prefer to buy local from someone I trust.

But bike shops are struggling a bit right now. I should ask around to see if any have considered selling airguns…

I bought this beast:

been riding it since mid June, almost 400 miles on it. 35mph for 15ishmiles, much longer if you cna keep it at 25
9.5 miles one way to work, on the shoulder of one of the busiest roads on the county. 19 miles round trip and still smome battery left to putz around the neighborhood after I get home. Truly, more like a small motorcycle (and thats how Ive been riding it) so yea, you need to be VERY aware of how it accelerates and stops. Also at those speeds and energies, a better than a "bike" helmet is needed.....

Reactions: AmosBurton
I bought this beast:

been riding it since mid June, almost 400 miles on it. 35mph for 15ishmiles, much longer if you cna keep it at 25
9.5 miles one way to work, on the shoulder of one of the busiest roads on the county. 19 miles round trip and still smome battery left to putz around the neighborhood after I get home. Truly, more like a small motorcycle (and thats how Ive been riding it) so yea, you need to be VERY aware of how it accelerates and stops. Also at those speeds and energies, a better than a "bike" helmet is needed.....
That bike is a beast, great for a peddle assist 48V 23ah is a solid battery for a E-bike

there's no reports of legit brand bikes catching fire,...like everything else, buy a good established brand and you'll be alright.
I tend to agree. A brand ebike battery for my bike will cost north of $600 and it use to be $1,200. They sell $300 ones on ebay. I wouldn't touch one at that price. While not always but usually a fire will happen while charging. The first thing I did was to ditch the charger that came with the bike and I bought one that has multiple charging options and better built in safety. To get the most out of any Lithium battery just charge it to 80% and never let it fall below 3.7v per cell.

In Montana 35 is the top speed you can _legally_ go and not have it licensed or registered...
I did hit 30mph on my ebike and didn't like it all. Granted I wasn't wearing motorcycle gear and I knew a crash would mess me up. Ebikes are allowed on all bicycle trails but once they are licensed as a moped then they aren't so there is that to consider.

I tend to agree. A brand ebike battery for my bike will cost north of $600 and it use to be $1,200. They sell $300 ones on ebay. I wouldn't touch one at that price. While not always but usually a fire will happen while charging. The first thing I did was to ditch the charger that came with the bike and I bought one that has multiple charging options and better built in safety. To get the most out of any Lithium battery just charge it to 80% and never let it fall below 3.7v per cell.
The aftermarket battery I put on my surron was 2700 bucks. the stock battery is 1700 bucks

I did not say moped .. scooter.

What power? You mean that gas turbine or coal fired plant that alloes you to charge one ?

My air guns make noise as well and thats not having to run that compressor to fill it to even shoot it. Lol

Green climate change people are better then any comedy show. Just watch greta or kerry . The worlds biggest Hippocrates (+ them donkey folks) and serm to have a bigger footprint in a day then i all year . What a joke

My buddies gets up to 100 mph hiway speed and he put on the miles

https://www.amazon.com/SMART-DEALS-NOW-brings-TAO/dp/B009B0O740/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1693078863&refinements=p_36:1253559011&s=sports-and-fitness&sr=1-5

Oh electric start and no peddling.

As many around here used at the beach maybe cost ya 1/4-1/2 that new price.

I think for use it depends on your living area and need . Here the ebike just dont come off to practical. Nyc maybe more practical. Some look good but for the money theres way better transportation that a giy dont wait on a charge or sweat peddling to go ..

Burning a gallon of gas dont worry my conscience . These climate change is all due to over population . Then notice India and china thumb there nose at that and your almost mandated / forced in to it.. go figure.
What is a scooter anyway ?