• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Evanix rs2

If you plan to do anything to improve an air gun then you should buy a chronograph. They aren't expensive and they can tell you a lot about how well your gun is working and how it's tuned. 

Most of the Korean brands like Evanix produce unregulated and poorly tuned rifles. They typically start out shooting too hot and then drop off suddenly. I've seen people do a lot to improve them with simple mods to the hammer spring but you need a chrony to see the effect of what you are doing. 

The only otjer way to check is take it to the range and shoot a string so you can watch for trend lines and see where it drops off. 

If you only plan to use it to hunt and don't care about maximizing the number of consistent shots then you can probably just leave it alone and not worry about it. I think the Rainstorm is a good airgun for the price and I don't believe in making mods you don't need but that's just me.

Personally I would say that your first purchase (aside from a scope) should be a Chrony. You can get one for around $100 and it will provide you with an absolutely necessary baseline to compare the results of any mods you do in the future. Without one it will be very difficult and frustrating to even see if a regulator is installed properly. It would be kind of like trying to guage the effects of fuel additives in a car on acceleration without a speedometer. I had an RS2 in .22 and the shot curve was acceptable to me without a regulator, it hit like a hammer.

the rainstorm is a super gun. 1 is get adjustable wind rings.will really help with sighting in scope.2 if you really want that gun to shine with regulator or not Will Piatt is the man to see.he is reasonably priced and work is fantastic.3 if you decide to play with by yourself then chrony is a must/lots of pellets/lots of time/lot of asprin/then send it to Will Piatt to straighten it out.
this was not meant to discourage you .only after having owned 4 in 22 and 2 in 25cal granted I've learned a lot but definetly at a cost to me.JMHO save some money and get yourself a good tuner.

I owned a JKHAN noblesse in .22 which was basically the same gun with a fancy stock and a lothar walther barrel. They shoot VERY hot from the factory. You will need a chronograph as has been mentioned to help you get the best out of it. When I tested mine, it was shooting at 1037fps and each shot gradually got lower and lower. It was not your traditional bell curve. I put a Huma regulator and a replacement lower tension hammer spring in it. That tamed it down immensely, and gave me a high shot count (60+) at very consistent velocity of approximately 860fps and single digit extreme spread! 

There is no way of knowing if a regulator is installed and tuned well without a chronograph.

If saving $100 on a chronograph is important then I would just leave the gun alone and go shoot. It's fine as it comes for hunting. You won't be taking more than 10 shots on most hunting trips. 

Also, I wouldn't recommend attempting to install a ref yourself unless you have a basic knowledge of how to do it right. It isn't super complicated but I wouldn't class it as a simple diy mod either. Get a pro to do it and they can do the chrony work for you.

Ya I will be looking into a chronograph soon. I shot 2 magazines and already was at 100 bar....Lucky I bought a scuba tank it would suck pumping. It's hard getting used to shooting a rifle without recoil. The trigger is too stiff on stage 2 so I'll adjust that for sure, otherwise the cooking lever is very smooth and the magazine works well. The stock looks crack free and has a good feel to it. I'll need to get a sling for it for sure though.

So I've put through about 250 shots so far. It's been way more accurate than I could have imagined. I ordered a Diana springer for my son and it came in today. I sighted it in for him, what a great trigger pull! Super smooth. Is there something I can do for my RS2 to make the trigger close to the Diana? Otherwise I really like this airgun.....the power is very nice.