Evanix Rex

Hi there folks,

Since today I am the new owner of the 50 cal Evanix Rex, stoked and happy, but..
I've read many reviews about this rifle and it's modularity (changing bottles/tubes).

I unboxed the Rex, very happy, and wanting to see it's features.. one of them was removing the air-cilinder so I started unscrewing the tube and ended up with a hollow tube while the other part is stuck in the gun itself. This does not seem to be normal, any experiences on this and how to just remove the tube as 1 part and not ending up with an empty/hollow tube?

seems unsafe as well.. 😭

(it's my first PCP, I use to own Co2 powered guns.)

Assuming you got a decent amount of threads sticking out run 2 threaded nuts on the threads then use one as a locking nut while you use a crescent or open end wrench to the secondary nut to unscrew the piece off.

RED Locktite the piece (valve?) to the tube itself.

You are in an extremely dangerous situation if the air tube us supposed to be able to be unscrewed while still under pressure without RED LOCKTITE.

Thank you, I feel very uncomfortable of putting pressure on the threaded nut to screw that off, I might damage the metal profile.

It should not suppose to be like that right?

I contacted the shop owner (where I bought it) and his first question was:

- Owner: why would you want to unscrew the tube.. just leave it on it is better.
- Me: Well in case of transportation or swapping tubes in the field, it is very handy, and it is advertised like that.
- Owner: well it is on your own risk!
- Me: what you mean it is on my own risk.. it is in the manual right to unscrew the bottle..?
- Owner: ohh well yeah... true.
So that did not give me any form of relief..

evanix-rex-new.1611849365.jpg

this is the model I have.. (scope = scope rail in my previous message)