• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Evanix Air Speed Semi Auto .25

1547134453_18733102095c3765f5dff486.95594631_20190104_150538_resized.jpg

1547134526_10195531215c37663e680b14.37918771_20190109_114942_resized.jpg
1547134474_15714448505c37660a6295c8.79509504_20190109_114942_resized.jpg

I just received this rifle last week from Jefferson State Air Rifles. The transaction was flawless from starting the order process to receiving the rifle. Travis and Jacob were extremely helpful and their customer service is excellent. 

Now for the rifle - Fit and finish are very good just remember this rifle is not distributed by Evanix with a wood stock at this time. JSAR does offer a boyd's sood stock as an add on option for those of us that prefer furniture with our toys. The semi automatic feature is unique and works without a hitch (Travis recommends that you lube the pellets to facilitate the pellets feeding into the breech). After over 500 pellets sent down range all I can say at this point is wow this rifle is fun to shoot and the accuracy is surprising. At 25 yards I am able to drill a single ragged hole the size of a 1/2 dollar in less than 30 seconds. Remember semi automatic feed so no recocking after each shot, this makes for easy follow up shots with no more delay than take the next breath, aim and fire you do not lose your sight picture after each shot so there is no time wasted reacquiring the target. I will post a couple shot strings very soon since I am extremely curious with shot to shot consistency. 

Sounds like a great first experience with the new Evanix semiautomatic! A couple of questions:

1. How is the trigger? Out of box, do you know the pull?

2. Do you have an LDC ?

3. What pellets were using? I know you are posting a forthcoming shot string, so looking forward to seeing that too. Caliber?

4. What scope are you using?

Thanks

Caliber is .25 no LDC yet probably will add a Neil Clague soon. The trigger is a little heavy and but not terrible I will measure the trigger after things have broken inn a little more. The trigger is not gritty just heavier than some of my other PCP's ie; my RS II from Evanix. I am shooting the Air Arms 25.4 gr Diabolo pellets with the best accuracy of all the .25 pellets I have shot so far. Surprisingly the H&N Grizzly shot with good accuracy at 25 yards. When the weather improves I plan to go to the Brookhaven AG range to do some 50 and 75 yard tests. My scope is a Hawke 6x24x50 AirMax with low double strap Weaver rings with Weaver rail on top of the ring to mount my red flashlight 

Just took 5 shots with the trigger pull gauge and the average trigger weight for the 5 shots was 3lb 9.1oz For a match rifle this would be excessive but for a pest and plinking rifle it is not terrible . I will put a little dry lube into the action and give it at least 2 more tins of pellets before I open the trigger assembly to polish the contact points

What's not to like right? Checks a lot of boxes for me, but I just ordered a new RAW .25 from SPAW so cannot justify this one --- yet?

I hunt/pest control quite a bit off my deck into the woods, so the semi-auto quick shot and follow-up shot capability is a big plus for me if I were to indulge....

I was out at range the other day at 50 yards with the DS Regal and wind, and I was humbled. Great accuracy on the gun in general, but I am not used to shooting at 50 yards and there was quite a bit of wind. 

Thanks for the quick responses and looking forward to seeing your 50 and 75 yard results.