Eurasian Smackdown HW100T FSB .22

I know these guns get a bad rap in the US but this one seems to work fine.

I picked this up about two months ago. Been having a good time with it. Heavy beast though so it has been relegated to static long range sniping. Prints 1/2" groups at 50yds on average with JSB Exact Jumbo Heavy 18.13 grain. No complaints there. I can pretty reliably smack down the sky rats out to 85 - 90 yds with it as long as the wind is in my favour or non existent. 

Took it down to the farm today for some Eurasian elimination. Was super windy but I managed to get set up so that I was within 30 to 83 yds and shooting downwind of where the sky rats were tanking up on the corn. Ghosted 25 of the pathogen poopers. Luckily for me most of them decided to land on the peak of the barn which just so happened to be at my 42 yd zero. I did take down a few out to 83 yds with a bit of windage just to see if I still knew what I was doing. 8)

Managed to collect these five for a photo but the rest are sitting on the barn roof waiting for the crows and hawks to clean up. Got plenty of Starlings when I went walkabout with the S510 as well. Pretty damn good day. 

I've read a lot of negative reviews about the HW100 but I decided to take a chance and I'm glad I did. The trigger is sublime! Nothing bad to say about this peashooter except maybe it's to damn heavy but I knew that before I bought it. Oh and the barrel was pointing a little lower than I thought it should but that was easily solved. Anyway here are a couple pics. You can see what they are eating in the background. Cheers

I agree. Great rifle. 

If if you didn't find anyone bad mouthing ghe .22 you didn't look very hard though. No one has much good to say about it on the Weihrauch Owners Forum. 

Mine shoots great thiugh. Glad yours does too. 

Man hard to type. Minus 2 degrees here right now and sooo foggy. Even the do es are not moving. Still have gotten 5 so far this am. 

Again with the .22 HW100. All at 50 to 60 yds. Not sure though. Rangefinder doesntloke the fog. 

Another good day at the farm. Woke up at 5:30 to some Pea soup thick fog. After a quick trip to Starbucks I shot down to the farm to set up my blind. Got there just before it started getting light. Range finder wouldn't work in the fog. Luckily I know most of the ranges to the popular roosting sights anyway. It was pretty cold for these parts and I was down about 8 shots right from the get go. Power was low to. Had to adjust my holdovers but once that was figured out I got off to the business of slaying sky rats!! 

Had a quick flurry of activity right after sun-up and then the fog came in even thicker. Got cooooold to. Action dyed off so it was back to Starbucks for a break. On my way out I could see all the Doves huddled on the Farmhouse. The farmer was telling me today that apparently the only time they hang on his house is when I'm there. Guess they know they are safe there. Not as dumb as they look. Fortunately there are enough dumb ones to keep me busy. haha. 

Anyway back with some hot liquid in me and the fog finally lifts. Another 6 quick ones with a few starlings in between and it's time to go.

Great day out and I got a chance to try out my new side wheel from Scope-Werks. I shoot from the prone position mostly and my short little T-Rex arms couldn't reach the little parallax knob on the scope. This wheel sure made life a lot easier. Raised the cheek piece as well.

I'm really starting to bond with the HW now. I could see only ever using this one gun except for the fact that it is so damn heavy! Oh well got the S510 for carrying. Here's a pic. Had to give quite a few a free pass today due to the conditions but still managed 12 Doves total and to many Starlings to count. Only nine in the pic. Wasn't able to recover two and the farm kitty made off with one before I got to it. Well it's not like I tried. Kitty has to eat to. :D Maybe one day I'll try choking one down myself.

New Scope Wheel 

Hey, Great Posts and Pics!!

Where are you located? (I like trying to figure out where people are from by their posts)
so..... here it goes;
I read "Pest control" and think of Mexico or South America and "bad rap in the U.S." and think....yep, out of the U.S. (but good grasp of writing in English so... sorry Latin american friends-- no ill-will intended, but probably not Mexico, etc..) and then "Starbucks" and think... in the U.S.? but then I don't think we can shoot doves with airguns in the U.S. or in my state, IL. and I'm not sure we get Eurasians here (maybe that's where the name comes from Europe and Asia... (duh...ok, I'm a bit slow today! ;-). In addition I read "-2 degrees" which pretty much knocks out Mexico or S. America I think (unless you're way south) and I don't think the US has hit -2 yet? but maybe in Canada or Northern states? So now I'm thinking western Europe. Then I read "cheers" and think...
Great Britain.  
So, if I'm right "or close" and you're from GB, then... hey, cool and btw.... thanks for the Starling.

either way, thanks and keep on posting!

Cos