Etched Wire Reticle?

Can someone explain what an etched wire reticle is? I’ve heard of etched reticles and wire reticles, but can the two be combined or is this likely a typo?

F90C62D8-F1EF-4B4D-A47F-914F6848D94C.1642051774.jpeg

Just be glad they didn't say it was also a FFP/SFP too! That would be even more confusing!

😅 That would be a mess. It happens though. Sites sometimes depend upon consumers to bring these sorts of errors to their attention. 

Either etched or wire. I know of one that has both, Shepherd Scopes with two reticles, one etched and one wire, but each reticle is a specific type. 

https://shepherdscopes.com/dual-reticle-scope/

That an interesting concept I don’t know how much it would benefit a FT, BR shooter, or hunter. Do you own or use one of these?

Can’t be both, must be either “etched” or “wire”

That’s what I was thinking but wanted to ask to be sure. 

Thanks folks. I was just making sure I wasn’t missing something. It seems like a typo considering the previous bullet point specifies it’s an etched glass reticle. The wording threw me off in the “reticle material” bullet point.

Don’t own one but have tried one. The parent company is a defense contractor, optics is one company. Glass is Japanese. Very impressive. Turrets felt like a Steiner, and there were two sets of adjustments to set the hold circles. Components, craftsmanship, finish, all were top shelf. Not my cup of tea, but very well built, tracked well, eyebox was great. The single reticle Rogue 6-24 is on my want list tho. 

HI I believe it is both , The concept has been around for some time now Vortex 1-10 , Schmidt bender 1-8 ,valdata , March 1-10 and I guess shepard but theirs is for a totally different senaro , the use of having both is to have the scalability ( FFP ) of holding points and have use of the same thickness reticle when zooming out like a SFP has , I know it works I have owned both and I use one quite alot , It does sound confusing but it is not , I have not seen a hi power scope set up like this ,

Speaking of reticles I remember looking down scopes which reticles were made from a spiders web materal back in day , the advancement of technology allowed to make very fine and tree reticles with etched glass ,and micro wires and grids . The technology came along way and machines building them are becoming more and more precise , In the day it took a true craftsman to build a tier one scope like a Schmidt bender PM2 in the 1980s , today the quality of scopes in lower priced units say sub $500 are now catching up to the $4000 dollar units and coatings are better and better as well ,

LOU