• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ernest Rowe

I could be wrong but I think if he was employed by FX, all those instructional-technical videos he made the front face only is Ernest, but the ownership is with FX.
Unless, he made the videos outside of FX building on he's own time and there was an agreement about it.
I guess he would know best.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT and swNCsw
... my guess is that he was an independent contractor and, as such, could make an arguable case for ownership.
I was a engineering contractor to GM working on R&D back in '10-13 and I could not take home the plaques with my name on it, stayed forever hanging on the wall. Just my tinkering, I don't want to initiate a drama.
I think something to do with confidentiality / conflict of interests - agreement you sign and where is a breach of contract in it.

Last edited:
I was a engineering contractor to GM working on R&D back in '10-13 and I could not take home the plaques with my name on it, stayed forever hanging on the wall. Just my tinkering, I don't want to initiate a drama.
I think something to do with confidentiality / conflict of interests - agreement you sign and where is a breach of contract in it.
Yes, your point is well taken, and GM policy would have such structure. FX USA structure appears to have had very little control over anything. I hope, both for Ernest and all of us, that his work is not caught up in this mess.

Reactions: Str8tshooter
... FX USA structure appears to have had very little control over anything...
I was following Ernest YT videos (especially Impacts related) for a long time, and I remember when he started fabricating some alternative = "upgrade" parts and tools. And I noticed also that suddenly - those "promotional" videos stopped and the focus went back to servicing and tuning. Small little details to speculate about.

Reactions: Healthservices
Ernest is a great guy! When you think of pcp guns and what can be done with them to eke out performance, he’s up there along with other great airgunsmiths. There’s only a few out there, and getting fewer as some have passed on. It truly upsets me when I think about what he had, along with the other 25 employees of FXUSA that all lost their jobs because of that fruitcake.

As more fx guns get made, there will be no more Ernest masterclass vids that’ll follow

I’d like to add that Mr Newman Buck, who Ernest taught and eventually became the head tech at FXUSA, was also a great resource on how to videos. Newman created his own, and those I believe are still on his 910/cape fear airgun tuning website.
Another guy that got a career taken away because of the same fruitcake.