Ernest barrel straightening

What does it mean? How do you know it cannot do better?
what it means is if you are satisfied with your accuracy, trying to improve it by manipulating the dimension of your barrel is a bad idea.
Whenever metal bends or is dented it gets stretched and the stretch cannot be put back. So to counter bend it, you will stretch it again creating another distortion of your original dimension. The more times it gets bent, the more distortion is imparted on the barrel. Not a good recipe for accuracy.

So why do FX folks do it at the factory?
Chukar60 made some good points about what happens when you cold bend barrels, or anything for that matter. One side stretches, one side compresses. I was the straightening guy at a shop I worked at for 30 years.
There’s a lot of luck and magic sometimes as to your results. There were times when a part would get straightened and checked for desired straightness and you come back the next day and some or all of the bend was back. It just depends on the type of metal, heat treat, stress relieving, amount of bending done, how the bending was done etc., etc.
FX has set a standard or tolerance for how straight liners must be before it can go in a rifle or out the door as an aftermarket item and they adhere to it.
Once the liner ends up in a rifle assembly... you pays your money and you takes your chances.
Some people will be entirely satisfied with a certain group size that the rifle produces, others will get started tinkering until they are happy or just keep going until group size is as small as it can get, regardless of the time and effort to do it.
I’m relatively new to airguns and have really only done initial pellet variety tinkering to see what works best. Every rifle I’ve bought has been pretty amazing, but my definition of amazing is personal compared to others. I enjoy pulling the trigger and just enjoy spending time at the range. I worked 50 years in demanding jobs where I had high expectations for outcome and the stress that went along with it. I don’t need or want to do that to myself with my hobby while I still can. I enjoy squirrel and pest hunting so for me that demands a rifle that I can count on a consistent head shot out to what now is my comfort zone of 50-55 yards. If my rifle will do that off the bench, good deal. Then in the woods I decide if I should risk a shot that isn’t as steady as sandbags.

My requirement is simple. The average groups size from a couple of 5-shot groups should be no bigger than 15mmCTC at 50m indoors. Every flier counts.
I guess each person's tolerances is different. I strive for the tightest groups. I personally would keep working for a tighter group than that.

Then again it all depends on the gun in question. I doubt my Notos or my pp750 would do that. But my impact better beat that value.

Allen