• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Ergo Vertical Grip install for Impact M3

Hey guys, so I've been reading a few old threads similar to this but wasn't able to find the exact information I needed...

I have an Ergo AIR zero angle FLAT TOP grip (from UA)

I got an Impact M3 in a trade very recently and I decided to put this grip on my Impact and I can't seem to get it fully installed.
I've seen many people have this attached to an M3. But I have also heard from a few that modifications to the grip were needed.

The grip fits the gun perfectly, but the screw I got with the M3 is angled sideways and the hole on the side of the grip is a bit too tight for my allen key to fit in the hole, and the screw won't straighten up enough to tighten it from the grip's open bottom part.

Am I doing something wrong and missing something obvious here? Or is there something specific I need to do to get this to work?

I can take some pictures if needed and/or try any suggestions you guys have.

I have a Hogue grip for the M3 that I can use as a backup to keep the black look, but would prefer to use this vertical grip.
(UNLESS, someone wants to trade a black beavertail Ergo angled grip, for my grey one, PM me)

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I believe the bolt is shorter to fit the Leshiy 2 so it doesn't interfere with the safety. Try using the factory bolt from your Hogue grip to see if it snugs up better.
Yeah, the L2 grip screw is actually longer than the M3 grip screw I have. It needs washers to fit correctly.

But I only have 1 bolt for the M3. It came with the gun, and was used to attach the Ergo Grip (beavertail) and came installed this way. I am using that same one. I wouldn't take the grip screw off of an L2, as that has a different grip mounting style and needs that specific grip screw to work.

I was only given 1 type of grip screw with my M3, but was given 2 grips. And if the grip screw works with the beavertail Ergo, I am hoping it can fit a flat top Ergo.

Maybe it is a different screw than the original M3 one? I will look into seeing if I have anything else that might work with it.

Last edited:
So are you saying that your allen key won't fit in the opening at the back of the grip?

Screenshot_20231230_235441_Chrome.jpg

So are you saying that your allen key won't fit in the opening at the back of the grip?

View attachment 420330
Yeah, it fits, but is very snug and is hard to turn, as this screw requires a larger allen key than I've normally used on other guns with this grip.

I have other allen keys, but the problem is that the screw doesn't line up with that angle, and is sideways, instead of "diagonal" if that makes sense... I am going to go try it again with a skinnier key and try to move the grip screw into a better angle to fit properly.

Mostly I was trying to confirm if any modification was needed to attach one of these or if those people maybe had a different grip version as the posts were a year or so older

Now that I recall, when I installed the Ergo Zero Degree grip on my Evol, I had to use an adjustable wrench to clamp the allen key when screwing it in.
Yep so I just went to the work area and looked over my leftover screws. (I was doing this late last night and got cut short)

I tried a different smaller head screw I had laying around that fit with a skinnier Allen key and was able to get it to work.

Thanks for your help