• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Epic Epic two?

Airgun Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 24, 2020
Colorado, United States
Anyone got their hands on the new Epic Two?

Looks like EGW has them in stock https://www.edgunwest.com/store/epic-airguns/

IMG_1378.jpeg

Reactions: rigbymauser
There are a few out there, but no real reviews. I have been considering getting one to make a dedicated nrl22 rifle out of it, but am hoping for more reviews. Don't really really to be the first one to try this and find out it's a dud. Epically when I know there is another brand coming out with an nrl22 specific gun sometime this year as well.

There are a few out there, but no real reviews. I have been considering getting one to make a dedicated nrl22 rifle out of it, but am hoping for more reviews. Don't really really to be the first one to try this and find out it's a dud. Epically when I know there is another brand coming out with an nrl22 specific gun sometime this year as well.

They might be well served by offering a more typical stock option. The two stocks they offer (folding and non-folding) are both monstrosities. Like they mashed together a gun meant for woods walking and a gun made for benchrest. It doesn't know what it wants to be. Find your purpose. Just my opinion.
Its no wonder the stock seems like a "monstrosity".
NRL22 is a interesting niche, that combines gymnastics with target shooting!
Its great that NRL22 created a class for us airgunners.
If they ever create a semi-auto powder burner class for the millions of Ruger 10-22 owners out there, NRL22 participation would probably explode.
I hope that Epic does really well with the Epic 2, (and other airgun manufactures as well) and shows those NRL22 powder burners a thing or two!

Reactions: woogie_man
British fellow put up a video review of a long SUB 12 rifle, he seem to be happy with it aside for small pellets can fall thru MAG during loading ( also do that on a AGT MAG if you do not have a finger on the other side )
Making a powerful rifle to be limited to shoot under 12 fpe is a crime that should be punished with jail.

Problem is,,,,, i have owned a Vulcan 3 for over a year.
And yes it is a fine rifle, with a few downsides, hard to tweak on, and really in the ,177 i am locked to, the short barrel is a minor buzz kill.

And on long range ( 86 M ) it do hang with my 700 mm Maverick, but it is by the Mavericks heels it hang.
And now i feel like shooting 130 M if not more.

But YES i am very happy we Danes can still have FAC in the .177 caliber which you can buy when you are 18, bigger caliber and it get problematic to get a air rifle.

Problem is,,,,, i have owned a Vulcan 3 for over a year.
And yes it is a fine rifle, with a few downsides, hard to tweak on, and really in the ,177 i am locked to, the short barrel is a minor buzz kill.

And on long range ( 86 M ) it do hang with my 700 mm Maverick, but it is by the Mavericks heels it hang.

But YES i am very happy we Danes can still have FAC in the .177 caliber which you can by when you are 18, bigger caliber and it get problematic to get a air rifle.
My Vulcan 3 .177 Cal shoots NSA slugs like a champ and long range capacity is much better than with pellets. A real champ !!

at 86 M i fairly easy do 1" groups, the Vulcan 3 though i have not tuned much on it, it will hold most shots on the 2" target but that is also it.

I am looking for 1/2" groups at 86 M and 1" at 130 M, the maverick might be able to do that even if i can not get more than 13 grain to fly good in it ( mind you 12.5 and 15 gr NSA also worked fine ) but 16 and 20 gr Zan just will not work as good.

Same in the Vulcan 3 i can not get it to shoot the 16 and 20 gr Zan very good, Vulcan 3 is getting demoted to pellet gun, or maybe sold if / when i buy a new rifle.

NSA 50 % more expensive, that mean a lot when you sit down to shoot and dont get up before you have shot at least 1000 shots.
And during summer i can do that 2 days a week
The much I shoot on a seat is 30 pellets/slugs ….. When shooting at 50-88 yards.

If I confirm that the rifle is fully zeroed then I stop shooting.

When shooting at long distance (up to 200 yards) I can shoot up to 50 pellets/slugs at diverse distance, to get to know how to compensate.

The problem is that you can choose among buying an unknown Epic two with all uncertainty or buying a Vulcan 3, tested and re-tested,with all pos and cons identified.

Vulcan 3 doubtless is in the top of peformance, with few others.

Equivalent in configuration on Vulcan 3 is $600 usd below in price that Epic Two.
Personally, I hold the Vulcan 3 in high regard like you do. However, the “epic one” is the bullpup version comparable to the Vulcan 3 . Granted, we’re at least 6 months probably away from seeing one. I feel the valving system in the epic may allow more power along with possible smoother operation- I can’t say for sure of course, but it’s a possibility. Yes, it’ll be priced higher. Vulcan 3 does give big bang for the dollar- no question.