Epic Epic two with very bad regulator creep :-(

Thank for the quick reply’s! I’ve tested Emu’s suggestion filling only to 248bar and the result was the same. Both gauges run parallel to each other and only after 5 blank shots the regulators pressure is decompressed to its correct value. (the pressure in the air tube decreased 25 bar).

After that I emptied the rifle below 50bar and did a second fill to 300 bar. Same result, but it took only 2 bank shots to get the correct pressure on the regulator. (the pressure in the air tube lost only 10 bar).

(Once it's filled and the regulators set, I didn't noticing any creep overnight)

So, I’m wondering (and I know this is a newbie question), shouldn’t the regulator stop at it’s set value (100bar) during a new fill. Or is it normal it runs parallel to the maintank and you have to decompress it manually?

Hi Mate, if the reg is matching the bottle pressure it means one of the o rings failed. It should not be a big issue.

Epic has changed the size of the O-ring from the regulator seat from 5x1mm to 4x1.5mm for the later batches.
I've changed mine today and it stays put while filling.
The regulator seat is made of Delrin (POM) and it seals by using a spring loaded steel ball.
This type of regulator has got a very fast response time and is very sturdy.
You can change up and down under pressure without the risk of damaging something.

One little sidenote, don't back out the regulator adjustment screw too far, or the regulator piston will pop out, and mess up the reg piston o-ring if you turn it in again. (Don't ask me how I know😉)
if you want to lower the reg pressure, do it incrementally.

The next photos show the regulator seat and 5x1mm O-ring.

IMG_20240401_211800.jpg
IMG_20240401_211705.jpg
IMG_20240401_212243.jpg

Last edited: