Epic Epic two with very bad regulator creep :-(

I have an Epic two compact in the U.K. that was bought new by a previous owner 7 weeks ago that has a really bad regulator creep issue, it’s set at 90 bar for sub12 fpe and it’ll Creep 5-10bar over an hour or so making it useless as a hunting tool as one or two dry fire shots need letting off before it settles back down to 90 bar, due to a family member being seriously ill I’ve not had any chance to investigate further so it’s been put away and in a week it’s crept 25 bar :-( so obviously has a major issue, anyone else own one of these and noticed any reg creep at all? I’ve tried contacting Epic airguns through the website and instagram but as of yet had zero response

Pressure creep is inevitable with any regulator as the valve seat wears over time. It is a service item like O-rings.

Several ways to approach it:
  • Service it yourself. Can consist of dressing the seal with wet sanding, replacing the seal, or in some cases just flipping the seal to expose a fresh surface.
  • Replace the entire regulator
  • Send the gun in for service

Reactions: mcoulter
Go to Huma Air site and see if they can sell you an new regulator for that rifle.

I’m hoping they work on something for this rifle soon
have you contacted the importer Vector Air - the importer of Epic in the UK ?
Vector Air

No as I’m not the original buyer I’m not holding out much hope they would help but may be a worth a try
Pressure creep is inevitable with any regulator as the valve seat wears over time. It is a service item like O-rings.

Several ways to approach it:
  • Service it yourself. Can consist of dressing the seal with wet sanding, replacing the seal, or in some cases just flipping the seal to expose a fresh surface.
  • Replace the entire regulator
  • Send the gun in for service

I understand reg creep could be inevitable in time but on a 7 week old rifle?

Reactions: GenXer and qball
Isent this the issue reported on rifles with balanced valves, needing a few shots to settle in after not being shot for a while.
Or can you actually see the creep on the gauge for the regulated pressure.

I would assume the warranty follow the rifle and not the owner, so as long as you have the proof of purchase from the original buyer you should be good.

Reactions: dwm
Isent this the issue reported on rifles with balanced valves, needing a few shots to settle in after not being shot for a while.
Or can you actually see the creep on the gauge for the regulated pressure.

I would assume the warranty follow the rifle and not the owner, so as long as you have the proof of purchase from the original buyer you should be good.

The creep is visible on the reg guage, I’m hoping that Epic will get back to me soon with a solution, I’m just curious at the moment if this is an isolated case or if others are experiencing the same

Reactions: Peashooter
Well i am worried, there seem to have been sold quite a few two rifles here and there, but very little video up on those, some might do 1 video, and then silence.
I can assure the world that if i had my hands on a two rifle there would have been at least 4 videos up by now, and only so few due to the miserable weather in Denmark ( me absolutely not liking cold weather, and cold for me is lower than +20 deg C and discomfort for me set in around +10 deg C )

I was hoping that the two would be the first rifle i made a " review " on, but sadly things have changed due to unforeseen expenses, so will not be able to get one for months now, and even so i am still worried about the lack of user information on these rifles.

Reactions: dwm
Agreed, the seat should not be degraded at 7 weeks. I misread the statement about it being from a previous owner and its age.

Even possible that it is so new it may not be fully broken in yet, but a 28% increase (90->115 bar) is considerably more than I would expect from a new regulator so I think you are right to be seeking a solution.

Reactions: dwm and Peashooter
I’ve had a reply tonight from Epic airguns and they are going to send me a new reg, they did say they’ve only seen this issue at far lower reg set pressures up to 50bar but never at 90 bar, at least it’s a positive step from the manufacturer so fingers crossed it gets resolved
Please let us know
Mine is on its way to me. 😜

I’m hoping they work on something for this rifle soon

No as I’m not the original buyer I’m not holding out much hope they would help but may be a worth a try

Reg should not creep that much and that fast especially on a gun with that price tag.

Ordered a new rifle. I ordered because I couldn’t wait any longer for @Peashooter to give his review. LOL
Let us know how the replacement works and , if possible, take pictures. Thanks

The rifle seems top drawer quality but has a weight penalty to pay…so it was a real shame to have this reg issue as putting that aside I’m sure it’ll be a cracking tool.

The rifle seems top drawer quality but has a weight penalty to pay…so it was a real shame to have this reg issue as putting that aside I’m sure it’ll be a cracking tool.
Hi! I am new to the hobby and I'm looking to buy my first air rifle after a few weeks of research. I've narrowed it down to the fx impact m3 and the epic two. I like the epic two better aesthetically. Any news on the regulator issue? did epic get back to you?
i have used the form in their website asking if this issue was getting fixed or was known. No response what so ever.

About the epic two, i have seen some contradicting info between the presentation video and edgunwest website. The site state that the plenum is up to 130 CC, but epic in their video says that with the 550 mm barrel, the maximum is double (i.e. 260cc). Does anyone knows which one is true?

Hi! I am new to the hobby and I'm looking to buy my first air rifle after a few weeks of research. I've narrowed it down to the fx impact m3 and the epic two. I like the epic two better aesthetically. Any news on the regulator issue? did epic get back to you?
i have used the form in their website asking if this issue was getting fixed or was known. No response what so ever.

About the epic two, i have seen some contradicting info between the presentation video and edgunwest website. The site state that the plenum is up to 130 CC, but epic in their video says that with the 550 mm barrel, the maximum is double (i.e. 260cc). Does anyone knows which one is true?

My replacement reg is on route and I should have it by the end of this week, I’m still unsure if this is Common issue or I have just been unlucky 🤷‍♂️