Epic Airguns

Nice.
sound like Andy taken hook line and sinker.

There is hardly any video Andy doesn't rave about the gun he is reviewing. LOL

However, is it me or the gun looks big/bulky when he is holding it? Or maybe Andy is a little on the diminutive(in Andy’s voice and accent) side?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SHOMER
There is hardly any video Andy doesn't rave about the gun he is reviewing. LOL

However, is it me or the gun looks big/bulky when he is holding it? Or maybe Andy is a little on the diminutive(in Andy’s voice and accent) side?
Andy's not the biggest guy, quite a humble chap, unfortunately he can't help but be totally be smitten by the Epic.

Probably no coincidence that his wife and daughter will be the UK Epic agent.😉

Comments like this make it harder and harder not to order one of these rifles.
Can those who have the rifle confirm that the 'feel' matches the design as pointed out by csdilligaf ?
The trigger out of the box was set up pretty lousy, most likely for safety precautions because it is a "direct sear" trigger.
On some other 2 stage trigger designs, the sear is set "sharp" during the first stage, just before the let off point. This one is at the let off point all the time.

The second stage had a huge amount of creep, and the main spring felt too progressive for me personally.
I swapped out the main spring for a really light one, and readjusted the sear engagement.
Now it is pretty brilliant, and feels like a decent match grade trigger. (What FX considers a "match grade trigger" is not by any means a match grade trigger to me:LOL:)
It still ain't no Anschutz trigger, but it is close enough for me. Let off weight is an estimated 100 grams.
(I'm a huge trigger snob as well;))

That looks pretty darn nice! The rear adjustable stock is a very nice bench stock with the style of the bag rider I really like. 120 Joules translated to us yankees is 88.5FPE which is very respectable. But if you want to shoot 50+ grain slugs it certainly would be a little slower which isn't a bad thing depends on how you look at it.

As much as I like the look of the gun and the valve system I'm a bit put off by the 1 size fits all approach they used. A traditional rifle with 700mm barrel certainly is meant for precision shooting on bench or prone but why the tensioned barrel? We all know free floating barrel is best for ultimate accuracy. Then they put the bench rest stock on a 300mm barrel gun which would be used for carry and hunting and made it heavy! I hope they can make it more modular so that the appropriate configuration can be applied to each use case, they already using AR grip so let people choose the AR furniture best for they needs. Although it's doubtful the 300mm version on a diet can get anywhere near the 5lb mark.
Thanks!☺️
It is a heavy beast for sure, and indeed with this stock it is better suited as the long version in my opinion.
However, the compact version feels really solid due to the robustness and weight. That can be an advantage for taming this little fella a bit considering the high power output it can deliver.

Regarding the small plenum, I'm planning to place a bigger one just to be prepared for all my future needs. Still weird in my opinion, as the gun is advertised to give 145 joules (103fpe) with the CZ barrel.

Talking barrels, it actually IS a free floating barrel (as a barrel assembly that is).
The 15mm barrel is tensioned inside the 32mm Carbon Fiber tube to make it more or less rigid as a 32mm solid barrel. (a large OD tremendously contributes to a stiff barrel assembly as a whole)
But like said before, the whole barrel assembly is screwed into the receiver, and thus considered free floating:)

Would you share details with how you made these changes, or will I have to send my trigger to you for massaging?
Thank you
Haha, I'm living in the promised land of Beers, so sending it in would become an adventure😅

But it is pretty straight forward if you are familiar with adjusting triggers, you can use the photo I added for reference.

Small tip, adjust the trigger while it is built in. I did it externally, and needed to readjust it after placement.

As a spring, I used a very soft one of similar OD. I always collect springs from old electrical devices (printers, dvd players, etc.), nothing goes to waste😄

I just pulled out the spring and cut it to the desired length, nothing exciting.
Most springs are long enough to make a few if the first one fails.

Thanks!☺️
It is a heavy beast for sure, and indeed with this stock it is better suited as the long version in my opinion.
However, the compact version feels really solid due to the robustness and weight. That can be an advantage for taming this little fella a bit considering the high power output it can deliver.

Regarding the small plenum, I'm planning to place a bigger one just to be prepared for all my future needs. Still weird in my opinion, as the gun is advertised to give 145 joules (103fpe) with the CZ barrel.

Talking barrels, it actually IS a free floating barrel (as a barrel assembly that is).
The 15mm barrel is tensioned inside the 32mm Carbon Fiber tube to make it more or less rigid as a 32mm solid barrel. (a large OD tremendously contributes to a stiff barrel assembly as a whole)
But like said before, the whole barrel assembly is screwed into the receiver, and thus considered free floating:)

As soon as you put tension on it then it’s not a free floating barrel anymore. Steel, aluminum and carbon all have vastly different expansion and contraction rate at different temp so as little as 10 degree can change the tension on the barrel system. At best it affects the barrel harmonics and at worse shifts point of impact. My suggestion would be to take off the tension shroud and use the free floating barrel by itself.

The tension barrel is only good if you are going to bump it but for precision shooting it’s not good. Just my 2 Pennies.

Reactions: weatherby
As soon as you put tension on it then it’s not a free floating barrel anymore. Steel, aluminum and carbon all have vastly different expansion and contraction rate at different temp so as little as 10 degree can change the tension on the barrel system. At best it affects the barrel harmonics and at worse shifts point of impact. My suggestion would be to take off the tension shroud and use the free floating barrel by itself.

The tension barrel is only good if you are going to bump it but for precision shooting it’s not good. Just my 2 Pennies.
Fair point, but I wonder how much influence it will have in real life conditions, and if it can be noticed.
Time will tell, I'll keep an eye on it :)
As far as I understood there is no aluminum used in the barrel assembly, but I need to verify that.
But I'm pretty sure that such a long, thin barrel would be a PITA to tune at high power levels, because for sure the thing is gonna move a lot during a shot.
When shooting pellets, the effect might be different and less pronounced.

Fair point, but I wonder how much influence it will have in real life conditions, and if it can be noticed.
Time will tell, I'll keep an eye on it :)
As far as I understood there is no aluminum used in the barrel assembly, but I need to verify that.
But I'm pretty sure that such a long, thin barrel would be a PITA to tune at high power levels, because for sure the thing is gonna move a lot during a shot.
When shooting pellets, the effect might be different and less pronounced.

Yes, higher the power more harmonic would show up, you said you want to go higher than 88 FPE and harmonic definitely would show up. No idea how skinny the barrel is, but the outer tube looks like carbon which doesn’t expand much with heat.

Reactions: lbc_PSI
Stepped on board as well, here's mine:)
Decided to go for a 25cal 700mm CZ bottle version, as I'm pretty fond of shotcount at high energy levels.
I took it apart before shooting it, it seems to be a very solid design, nicely machined and finished as well.

The only thing I don't get is that all bottle versions seem to have the 75mm plenum tube, whereas the 700mm tube version has got the 145mm plenum tube.
The maximum energy I could reach in this configuration was 120 joules, which is 25 joules less than factory spec with CZ barrel, so not enough for me.
I'm planning to shoot my own custom 25cal slugs eventually, weighing around 50-55 grain.
Anyway, I'm happy so far, and it feels good to have something non-FX in the herd again. (Still have 3 of them;))

View attachment 430141
Your not able to add a larger plenum? I know, it should be available initially. Apparently epic is having trouble finding vendors with enough space to carry all their different variations. Or willing to do so.

epic is having trouble finding vendors with enough space to carry all their different variations
Indeed, everyone i have seen, just carry like 3 models, and have 3-4 things as extras.
I am also wondering Ballistas have 32 listings for epic two, and its not eve half of it, and its like OMG, they should have 3 listings for each type of air reservoir, then under each barrel length / reservoir type you sould have a option to choose specifics, for instance even Ballistas barely mention the option for a LW barrel.
All those extras not least color options on this and that, bury that on the back pages and let people buy black guns and that's the end of it.
Also not yet having the rifle of some big brand reviewers, a major loss, now Andy got one but i am sure that is all in the family, most other reviewers / shooters do not have that kind of connections.

For instance the Danish seller i found, their listing are not unlike others like HUMA ASO

I dident even consider the small plenum with the bottle version, that will probably discourage many a high power / big caliber shooter, unless they like me can make do shooting tethered at the bench, but the woods walkers and Hunters, well will probably look elsewhere.

received my Epic Two on Thursday. I had a chance to shoot in freezing temperatures today. The rifle ‘pinged’ something fierce. So I’ll try to mitigate that issue. The rest of the rifle feels and looks good. Trigger did not rear its head, so I cannot say if it is bad or good. Freezing fingers aren’t best for discerning details like this.
It took me 4-5 magazines to sort out the zero.

I received the rifle marked as a .22 cal, but definitely with a .177 barrel. I was advised that the rifle is assembled by Brian / Edgun West when the order is placed. In retrospect I might have opted for the 300mm barrel instead of the 550. Probably would work better for FT.
Just initial impressions, more as I pit some more pellets through the gun.

Reactions: Peashooter
I have placed a DIY depinger, sent the idea to Epic and they are looking into coming with a final product for it. If you make a depinger think about that you put it on the regulator side of the plenum, otherwise you'll loose a lot of power.

hello broekzwans - any guidance on the DIY depinger. The pinging is very noticeable

So now they have been around awhile do any current owners have any more input on the first couple shots being slow? Not sure if it was here but I read the balanced valve will shoot slow the first 1-2 shots if left for a couple hours with out a shot. I would have thought more like sitting for days with a shot. Not really to big of deal I guess if your plinking or target shooting. And if your hunting its not an issue to take a shot now and then. But I would like to know if this is still thought to be the case or is it a non existent issue now they are being used more.

Reactions: woogie_man