Epic Airguns

Stepped on board as well, here's mine:)
Decided to go for a 25cal 700mm CZ bottle version, as I'm pretty fond of shotcount at high energy levels.
I took it apart before shooting it, it seems to be a very solid design, nicely machined and finished as well.

The only thing I don't get is that all bottle versions seem to have the 75mm plenum tube, whereas the 700mm tube version has got the 145mm plenum tube.
The maximum energy I could reach in this configuration was 120 joules, which is 25 joules less than factory spec with CZ barrel, so not enough for me.
I'm planning to shoot my own custom 25cal slugs eventually, weighing around 50-55 grain.
Anyway, I'm happy so far, and it feels good to have something non-FX in the herd again. (Still have 3 of them;))

IMG_20240113_223052.jpg

Yesterday i damn near fell off my chair, when i saw a local shop will be selling the Epic airguns, none in store yet though but they are just a few dollars more expensive than Ballistas.
Sounds good!
This seems like a good platform for 177cal, especially due to the 14mm spacing in the magazines, and plenty of power potential.
But to be able to shoot heavy, long pills, a 1 in 17.7 twist is most likely not gonna cut it.
I've bought a few magazines in 22cal as well, because I'll make a 22cal hw100 barrel fit the epic. (1 in 16.3 twist for what I've heard.)
Plenty of future plans in my head regarding this thing:sneaky:

I am in the market for a MAX length .177, so naturally what i hope to hear / see more about, but i will probably have to be content with other calibers and lengths.

Also not heard of anything from people that have the LW barrel, which i am myself also interested in getting.
I am hopting when Andy test a FAC it will be a .177 one.
I have ordered an LW .22 550 barrel kit early this month. And an 177 LW kit in 700 , if available, if not an 550 later on.

That is a pretty slick little trigger. Its compact and the sear is spring loaded away from the hammer so it does not drag on it and then sear is reset only when cocked all the way back by the second hump on the top sear. Should be a decent trigger. I'm sort of a trigger snob.

Comments like this make it harder and harder not to order one of these rifles.
Can those who have the rifle confirm that the 'feel' matches the design as pointed out by csdilligaf ?

Stepped on board as well, here's mine:)
Decided to go for a 25cal 700mm CZ bottle version, as I'm pretty fond of shotcount at high energy levels.
I took it apart before shooting it, it seems to be a very solid design, nicely machined and finished as well.

The only thing I don't get is that all bottle versions seem to have the 75mm plenum tube, whereas the 700mm tube version has got the 145mm plenum tube.
The maximum energy I could reach in this configuration was 120 joules, which is 25 joules less than factory spec with CZ barrel, so not enough for me.
I'm planning to shoot my own custom 25cal slugs eventually, weighing around 50-55 grain.
Anyway, I'm happy so far, and it feels good to have something non-FX in the herd again. (Still have 3 of them;))

View attachment 430141

That looks pretty darn nice! The rear adjustable stock is a very nice bench stock with the style of the bag rider I really like. 120 Joules translated to us yankees is 88.5FPE which is very respectable. But if you want to shoot 50+ grain slugs it certainly would be a little slower which isn't a bad thing depends on how you look at it.

As much as I like the look of the gun and the valve system I'm a bit put off by the 1 size fits all approach they used. A traditional rifle with 700mm barrel certainly is meant for precision shooting on bench or prone but why the tensioned barrel? We all know free floating barrel is best for ultimate accuracy. Then they put the bench rest stock on a 300mm barrel gun which would be used for carry and hunting and made it heavy! I hope they can make it more modular so that the appropriate configuration can be applied to each use case, they already using AR grip so let people choose the AR furniture best for they needs. Although it's doubtful the 300mm version on a diet can get anywhere near the 5lb mark.

Reactions: weatherby