Epic Airguns

Did that, punch bend…….. gonna make an U formed tool with pins at 180’. Heeft daar een Tjech aardig op staan leunen 🤓😁👍
I made a spanner wrench for a cap on the end of an air cylinder. What I did was to find an open wrench that goes around the part you want to take off and push the bottom of the wrench aginst the cylinder mark the wrench where the hole is in the barrel nut and then drill thru one of the ears of the wrench with the size hole that is in the nut . To remove the nut slide the wrench over the nut and drop the pin in the wrench hole and into the hole in the nut. Worked great for me and you can still use the wrench plus if you turn it around you can put a hole in the other ear with a different size.

Reactions: SDstephan
I made a spanner wrench for a cap on the end of an air cylinder. What I did was to find an open wrench that goes around the part you want to take off and push the bottom of the wrench aginst the cylinder mark the wrench where the hole is in the barrel nut and then drill thru one of the ears of the wrench with the size hole that is in the nut . To remove the nut slide the wrench over the nut and drop the pin in the wrench hole and into the hole in the nut. Worked great for me and you can still use the wrench plus if you turn it around you can put a hole in the other ear with a different size.

you ingenuity never ceases to amaze me
I went out and bought the damn specialty tool and still cannot get the valve off…..

you ingenuity never ceases to amaze me
I went out and bought the damn specialty tool and still cannot get the valve off…..
IMG_1159.jpeg

IMG_1160.jpeg

Reactions: Ranchibi
The barrels are tightened with 20Nm from the factory but they don't apply any grease on the threads so I guess the contact surface eats into each other and locks up pretty solidly. One thing that helps to get the pressure of that barrel nut that threads into the receiver is to loosen the end cap of the shroud and that will make it easier.

And remember that when you thread it back in to apply some grease on the threads. Molykote multilub or something works fine! Don't use silicon grease since that is not for metal to metal contact.

Reactions: Olle Grieze
The barrels are tightened with 20Nm from the factory but they don't apply any grease on the threads so I guess the contact surface eats into each other and locks up pretty solidly. One thing that helps to get the pressure of that barrel nut that threads into the receiver is to loosen the end cap of the shroud and that will make it easier.

And remember that when you thread it back in to apply some grease on the threads. Molykote multilub or something works fine! Don't use silicon grease since that is not for metal to metal contact.
With the tool I made it is a breeze to get the barrel out. As I have no means to measure the tork I do it by feel. Have a bit of experience in using tools……… I use Molykote. When I had it out the first time there was oil on it.
Have it now on 140 bar and the hammer spring 2 full turns back from max. Does 1030 fps with Knockouts 217. Have the .22 700 barrel on it. CZub no choke.

Reactions: Peashooter
I am hoping for monumental user error, like trying to push too heavy slugs in a CZ barrel, but my french are not good enough to understand much, it do sound as if the slugs are 2. ?? grams, but that's not terrible heavy slugs even for .22

Worst part, if i have to look away from the epic two, well i am also wanting to upgrade PC, but i was looking for next gen hardware TBH
And there are no other air gun that have my fancy like the two have, so chance are the maverick will just have to soldier on.

Car going to the shop on Thursday, i might need a new steering rack, one of those 2 hand / overhauled are still 4000 DKkr / 587 USD and it also need a lot more not least tires, i looked at my summer tires i am on ( snow storm a few days ago ) they are not slicks, but for sure very minimal thread on the suckers.
for sure the visit will be the price of a nice airgun.
Fortunately that is a job for my savings account, and i am saving for down payment on new car in a few years time.

I have no idea what that french guy was doing but it's not hard to get within 5 cm at 100 meter with the CZ .22 barrel :eek: Even smaller is not hard when using .218 at about 290 m/s:

783C5A4C-4E26-4B9C-BA36-2E81C4F76248.jpeg

Did very well with Javelin 30 grain slugs as well:
C8DDC693-50E7-4B0B-9FBE-F9C27288684D.jpeg

This was done with the CZ barrel. I'm now moving to the LW barrel to continue testing to see what is possible there.

Mine showed up today and it is nothing like the evol except maybe the barrel nut. Is heavier than it looks but feels like a solid gun and very well made .....great machining!

I will be shooting it tomorrow at a few prairie dogs and will let you guys know how it goes.

Oh and cocking it has to be the best gun so far for me ...a lot like the delta wolf with very little effort!
Looks like I gotta eat my words on this one. Thanks for informing us of this. You too @broekzwans

Reactions: Peashooter
eat my words
Thankfully i am a sweet talker, so if i have to do that its not bad at all.

I saw the end of the french guys video, it is a .25 he have shooting 35 gr / 2.27 gram Zans, not familiar with the .25 caliber but i would assume 35 grain are in the lighter end ?

I am wondering do epic shower early adopters with stuff, @broekzwans on youtube seem to have had the epic shopping card dumped on his head.

I know i would for sure not be able to do something like that

There is a video up with a french guy shooting the two at various distances using Zan slugs.

lets just say " not impressed "

He is using the wrong diameter slugs for that gun. I've had zan's do that kind of spread before. But it's a result of slug diameter, not the brand.

Reactions: Macros