Epic Airguns

It just needed a little love and a depinger to get rid of the ping during the shot:

Now that's fixed I can get back to shooting again with it. Will be testing with some different weights and brands of slugs in .218 with the CZ barrel

4D2EDDF6-5E2B-47BC-8B19-EE6F3193BC30.jpeg

Reactions: BBGunn
Took my Epic Two to the range last wednesday and continued testing slugs. Previously I found that I needed .218 sizing in the CZ barrel but this time I started testing which weight range will work in this barrel. I went from 25 grain to 34 grain and here are the results:

D54BE616-5C0C-46F7-9BC6-FC93D451C587.jpeg

IMG_9586.jpeg

515225D9-6F9E-4D71-81E7-8D8CFC409FC7_1_105_c.jpeg

24778976-CE47-412E-A47F-E379788EE5BF_1_105_c.jpeg

69AC3383-0BB5-4DCE-B55E-BA943371BB06_1_105_c.jpeg

E9998A6B-A848-4396-89F6-04C9E3C6F378_1_105_c.jpeg

32DED5BB-9A84-47DD-A2CE-D8D2BDB91ADC_1_105_c.jpeg

The range from 27 grain to 34 grain worked best. Haven't tested slugs past 34 grain since the maximum velocity at 180 bar was around 285 to 290 m/s. All slugs from the pictures above were around the magical velocity of 290 m/s (950 fps). Have to shoot way more groups to prove their consistency over large shot strings but the results of these quick tunes got me excited 😁

Now this has me wondering if they use a proprietary barrel wrench for removal or maybe it's made to work with an AAA Evol barrel wrench. Hmmm.

View attachment 337529
Now this has me wondering if they use a proprietary barrel wrench for removal or maybe it's made to work with an AAA Evol barrel wrench. Hmmm.

View attachment 337529
to jsou otvory na odfuk vzduchu z tlumiče a zároveň slouží k demontáži hlavně do otvoru se vloží kulatina o průměru 4mm a odšroubuje se hlaveň

won the first bench rest competition in Spain
I tried to look for video of this but did not find,,,,, not that i doubt statement.

Has anyone ordered and shot a .177?
That is what i am into, but i have had to push back my ordering, with new additional stuff piling up i might have to wait until the tail end of the season to order one.
I would be looking to get a 700 mm Barrel from LW to shoot slugs 13 grain and up, folding stock and a single shot tray.

Anyway i have not noticed anyone talk .177 in relation to these, and i wouldn't myself if not for the fact i am forced to shoot .177 by some really ugly distrustful and paranoid people.

It just needed a little love and a depinger to get rid of the ping during the shot:

Now that's fixed I can get back to shooting again with it. Will be testing with some different weights and brands of slugs in .218 with the CZ barrel

View attachment 416112
Did you realy fit an depinger or only removed the pin from the hammer spring assembly? I did remove the pin , not only cause of the ping, and still have the ping. Gonna make an depinger in the plenum later this week. Did find the adjustment of the hammer spring goes ‘ smoother ‘ now. Oh and I did used a bit of blue locktite on the ‘ adjuster/cap screw‘ that also sets the clicks of the hammer spring adjuster. Worked loose and and did funny things with it and also loosened the cocking lever.

Did you realy fit an depinger or only removed the pin from the hammer spring assembly? I did remove the pin , not only cause of the ping, and still have the ping. Gonna make an depinger in the plenum later this week. Did find the adjustment of the hammer spring goes ‘ smoother ‘ now. Oh and I did used a bit of blue locktite on the ‘ adjuster/cap screw‘ that also sets the clicks of the hammer spring adjuster. Worked loose and and did funny things with it and also loosened the cocking lever.
I have placed a DIY depinger, sent the idea to Epic and they are looking into coming with a final product for it. If you make a depinger think about that you put it on the regulator side of the plenum, otherwise you'll loose a lot of power.

Reactions: Olle Grieze