Epic Airguns

Mine fell apart today ;)

IMG_9489.jpeg

What I can see at first glance is that it is a really well built and robust design! For the once owning one and hearing a ping during a shot: it is the hammer spring system that is resonating. A solution is being worked on :) One way to do it now already is to pull out the stainless steel pin that is holding the hammer spring assembly together, that way it still functions the same but then without the pre-tension. Other temporary solution is putting a small piece of silicone or rubber hose around the spring to dampen it's resonance.

IMG_9484.jpeg

How does the machining look on the rifle? Any marks or sharp edges?

Really interesting breakdown as well

Thanks for the pictures

The overall machining looks good! Haven't really found a sharp edge luckily.

How did you remove the barrel?
The barrel assembly is threaded into the receiver but mine was pretty tight. There is a nut with 4mm holes drilled into it on the barrel that sits agains the receiver, I've placed a 4mm drillbit in one of the holes and used a hammer strike too help it come loose. Now I can easily loosen and thighten the barrel

The barrel assembly is threaded into the receiver but mine was pretty tight. There is a nut with 4mm holes drilled into it on the barrel that sits agains the receiver, I've placed a 4mm drillbit in one of the holes and used a hammer strike too help it come loose. Now I can easily loosen and thighten the barrel

Barrel threaded into breech block = what all airguns should be.

Been testing yesterday (in my garage) and today (at the 100 meter range). The following data is now available for the 550mm CZ barrel of what the maximum velocity is for a certain slug weight at a certain regulated pressure:

in readable units:
MV 550CZ 22 mps.png

and in murica units of velocity :geek:
MV 550CZ 22 fps.png

Translated to energy:
1702230231075.png

And on the range today just to see what slug diameter and weight I needed to look for.
IMG_9499.jpeg

Got good results with the H&N and Javelin slugs in .218 and already had groups of approximately >50mm at 100 meter (0.5MRAD = 1.6 MOA) without any proper tuning. Several weights had groups of 40mm and smaller. The JSB KOs weren't showing any form of grouping, the Monster redesign showed good groups but as always a poop load of flyers as well. Pictures of the groups are on my instagram

Last edited:
Plenty of power. But how is the shot spread? Say over 10 shot what is the extreme spread?

If you're 'in tune' it's about 1-2 m/s or 3-6 fps max. When I was pushing too hard with the hammer it became incosistent but I can't imagine why you would use that tune on purpose since there was no velocity gain anymore.

I expect the values to go up a little with the LW polygonal barrel of the same length. Should get that delivered soon so I'll update this thread then

Beautiful, powerful and accurate! Thank you for sharing all your tune/shooting info especially with slugs 👍.

statistically my groups are not saying much at the moment but it was just a quick test to find where I should look for in slugs. After this I'll start testing more thoroughly to find accuracy nodes and then with 50 - 100 shots per tune to find the right setting.

Got mine a few weeks ago. Did the drill bit hammer trick. Broke the bit….. Am afraid have to make a tool for it. Have Epic in .25. Also got an .22 Long barrel kit.

My barrel was very tight as well, after it came loose I placed it back with some Molykote multilub so it wouldn't seize up next time. So far that worked great since I can get it loose quite easily now.

Downside is that you can't fit a C spanner around it due to the picatinny rail. Use a hardened steel pin and make a handle on it and you should be able to get it loose. Or get a 4mm pin punch, that should be stiff enough by itself.

Reactions: Olle Grieze
My barrel was very tight as well, after it came loose I placed it back with some Molykote multilub so it wouldn't seize up next time. So far that worked great since I can get it loose quite easily now.

Downside is that you can't fit a C spanner around it due to the picatinny rail. Use a hardened steel pin and make a handle on it and you should be able to get it loose. Or get a 4mm pin punch, that should be stiff enough by itself.
Did that, punch bend…….. gonna make an U formed tool with pins at 180’. Heeft daar een Tjech aardig op staan leunen 🤓😁👍

Did that, punch bend…….. gonna make an U formed tool with pins at 180’. Heeft daar een Tjech aardig op staan leunen 🤓😁👍
o_O gevalletje handvast aandraaien met oostblok newton meters :LOL:

In English: the barrel can be tightened quite hard in the breechblock so it can take some effort to get it loose the first time. Maybe some heat from a heat gun or hair drier will help to get it loose. Make sure to apply some lube when you thread it back in ;)

How much does that hammer weigh?
18 grams is the hammer weight

Reactions: Olle Grieze