Epic Airguns

So...it's a Saber Ed-Vol???

Not sure what to make of this rifle yet but surely will learn from past lessons and will not be one of the first ones to purchase one. I'll wait for the braver/less patient souls out there to break it in and report back on all the pros and cons before I see which way to go on this one.

I kinda like the looks of it. It does resemble a Dreamline and an AAA Evol a little. Looks to be aimed at the PRS market. I think it's the first airgun with a dedicated Swiss Arca rail that's not an aftermarket accessory. The stock looks a little MDT'ish as well. Are these Czech guns?
They look like Evol knockoffs at first glance. Anyone own one yet?

.177 52 FPE 😍
Balistas will very likely command significantly better prices than these

Some of you crack me up, Like how many ways can you make the same thing look different.?
Have forgotten that it is what is inside that makes a man or rifle.
I remember the time I had a Winchester 270 and a Remington 270 side by side,the thing is brand loyalty,as both rifles were about the same.
A good rifle is a good rifle,what you choose is your choice.

I do so very much hope these come with 700 mm barrel in the .177 pea shooter caliber, the Balistas listing seem to hint at that as it list a 65 FP smacking force with a 700 mm barrel.
I can push my 700 mm Maverick to 50 FP shooting 20 grain very fast, though not accurate, 65 FP sound a little to me like a even heavier ammo.

Something tell me i need to make a new pellet trap for the long range, i would like to shoot say a 25 grain slug ( well some times at least )
But for now lighter weights in more shot tins do sound better for my day 2 day shooting.

Circumstances however have forcefully dictated that i not be first adopter, then again good CUZ i might want the LW poly barrel instead of the CZ ones.

Regarding the evol resemblance, well yes.
Do i think epic should have gone out of their way to at least on the appearance make their two look a lot different to anything else on the market ? No i dont think they should.
You could also argue that the Evol tactical carbine look like a daystate in the back with that square " box " attached to a buffer tube.

Do think that if AAA felt butt hurt would they have sued the pants off Epic,,,,, yes i do think that.
Do i think AAA are aware of the Epic two, yes i do think that, they should be aware of anything new in the industry.

But ! I cant buy a evol even if i wanted to, not due to price but rather AAA dont seem to make a .177 rifle,, and that is all can have.
So for me personally, well my path are set, sadly not by my own choice but rather people that like to force their ideas upon others.

Last edited:
I hope they will have more offers barrels I mean twist rate, barrel CZ cold forged are certainly great even if the grooves are the correct depth for slugs. I saw two major mistakes with them 1. a small passage through the valve 2. they should have positioned the valve according to the model of the FX block and then the closing force of the valve could easily be adjusted, like this you need to disassemble the entire block to get to the valve...

6D8E0BE1-D483-4489-8E43-21512B3B639B.jpeg

I’ve bought one to play with and see what’s possible :sneaky:

Looks like EdGun West has these guns in stock. Who is going to be the test subject for one?

Honestly if they had one in 30 cal I would be hard pressed not to buy it. Would like to get one in 22 and put it up against the Evol Paradigm I currently have.
Actually Edgun West doesn’t show anything in stock yet. The website is a little deceiving. It looks like it’s showing the gun in stock until you start picking your options for caliber, barrel length, tube vs bottle and stock. Then it says “sorry but this option is out of stock.”

IMG_2977.png

On the Epic website they say there will be wood and laminate stocks available also. Coming soon. I do hope they follow through with that. The tactical style is over played and I’d really like to see a some compact carbines with wood stocks.

I do so very much hope these come with 700 mm barrel in the .177 pea shooter caliber, the Balistas listing seem to hint at that as it list a 65 FP smacking force with a 700 mm barrel.
I can push my 700 mm Maverick to 50 FP shooting 20 grain very fast, though not accurate, 65 FP sound a little to me like a even heavier ammo.

Something tell me i need to make a new pellet trap for the long range, i would like to shoot say a 25 grain slug ( well some times at least )
But for now lighter weights in more shot tins do sound better for my day 2 day shooting.

Circumstances however have forcefully dictated that i not be first adopter, then again good CUZ i might want the LW poly barrel instead of the CZ ones.
Though it would likely be too expensive for you to ship, I believe mr hollowpoint makes a 27gr slug in .177

29gr slug in .177
Uuuuu now that's smackers if pushed fast :cool: 960 FPS = just about 60 FPE :eek:
But yeah US ammo are expensive, NSA are a lot more expensive than Zan

Local store ( DK ) 12.5 gr NSA 179 DKkr - 13 gr Zan 125 Dkkr both 400 PCS ( 26.10 USD - 18.22 USD )

I would still like to get me some of that, even if i had to shoehorn them in using a single shot tray ( i mostly use single shot tray anyway )

I see these Epic airgun rifles have sold for over a week at Huma, but a shop like Ballistas in CZ do not carry them yet.
Krale also have them
Also their own home page still dont have the configuration up and running.

So eager to see reviews eve in calibers not really relevant for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: JaceSpace1369