Epic Airguns

They may look great, but if they don't have a valve like the Altaros m24 (example 5.5 mm power setting 16J-150J only on the regulator) and a mechanical trigger of 50 grams, in my opinion another in a series of slightly better PCPs, it means nothing special!...

Have to agree. However I am very glad to see competition is driving innovation and quality to this point where we can turn our nose skyward at a great looking new gun!🤣

I do really like how the gun looks but it still lacks repeatable adjustability as far as I can tell.

These definitely look cool. Not sure I would ever choose one over an Evol if they are similarly priced though.
I agree with you for sure. If it is good quality and they make the configuration I would like to see then I’ll for sure be in line for one, but not at Evol prices. I’ll just buy another Evol before I do that!
I would definitely be excited to buy a shorty .30 Evol-clone with a little bottle to give me a dozen shots or so in a compact folding carbine.

Reactions: Dairyboy
The short .30 is definitely awesome. Id love a .30 Mini Evol. I know someone got one before. Anyways I do wish them the best and think it'd be great if they were really high quality. But depending on price if they are Evol price tags, it'd be hard to get away from the Evols. I do think these are way more interesting than 95% of guns on the market though. So I'll wait to see who gets them and interested in there findings.

It will be interesting to see how these guns sell. They are bringing a lot to the table. I don't think they will really cut into Evol sales at all because they are at a higher level of complexity and don't use as good of materials. The IWA video had them saying the receiver is machined from 6xxx series aluminum and that can't touch the 7xxx series the Evol uses. The Evol also uses a titanium air cylinder. Tom also has a video on the Evol thread on why he chose the material he did for the shroud, and not carbon fiber, which made sense to me. Opinions, wants, and needs, will vary, but the Evol is just made purposely to be simple, tough, and consistent. Balanced valves are awesome, in theory, and I hope Epic's works out, but they have proven time and again to be problematic and I wouldn't choose to be an early adopter of any. Looking at all the features of this gun though, if you are looking for an adjustable well thought out platform that doesn't necessarily have to survive the apocalypse, and you are an early adopter type, it looks pretty sweet to me!

It will be interesting to see how these guns sell. They are bringing a lot to the table. I don't think they will really cut into Evol sales at all because they are at a higher level of complexity and don't use as good of materials. The IWA video had them saying the receiver is machined from 6xxx series aluminum and that can't touch the 7xxx series the Evol uses. The Evol also uses a titanium air cylinder. Tom also has a video on the Evol thread on why he chose the material he did for the shroud, and not carbon fiber, which made sense to me. Opinions, wants, and needs, will vary, but the Evol is just made purposely to be simple, tough, and consistent. Balanced valves are awesome, in theory, and I hope Epic's works out, but they have proven time and again to be problematic and I wouldn't choose to be an early adopter of any. Looking at all the features of this gun though, if you are looking for an adjustable well thought out platform that doesn't necessarily have to survive the apocalypse, and you are an early adopter type, it looks pretty sweet to me!
Because the of difference in the materials you mention and the barrel tensioning differences between the EVOL and the EPIC, this gun is going to have to come in way undercutting the EVOL in price, IMHBAO. They are definitely crafty manufacturers and have a long history of quality fire arms manufacturing and barrels, so lets see how good they are at penetrating the U.S. market. Curiously awaiting.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_