• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Epic Airguns

Well TBH i dont really use the bottle / pipe gauge, i shoot tethered to a 12 L bottle so i always have that pressure on the fill kit gauge.
If their rifle configuration would allow for it, i would select no pressure gauge there to save a few USD, or have a better gauge for the regulated pressure.

I could of course also some times need to shoot away from the bench and the 12 L bottle, but then i would just go by the known shot count, which i also assume is what people pestling at night do as they cant well turn off their light to read the gauge.

Mind you i just got a new watch, and OMG the lumen on it are bad ass, 5 hours after going to bed i have no problem seeing the time on the watch in the pitch black bedroom, the glow never seem to go away.
And pumping the phosphorus or what ever it is with my Led light, and at least for a few minutes after doing that i can almost use the watch as a low powered flashlight.

If they had lume like that on pressure gauges, and i was a night shooter, i would so get a gauge like that.

IMG_20230306_173446.jpg

If this thing is made to the quality of a Presslug, expect the price to follow suit. This is going to make an AAA Evol look like a discount bargin. I do like the cut of their jib though, nothing cheap no shortcuts. I am just warming up to buying a used Evol, this is going to be way out of what I would spend but I will be looking forward to reading about everyones stories.
Can you share your expected price tag ?

Can you share your expected price tag ?
I think that Presslug is expensive for reason, quality, dies are really expensive to make because of very tight tolerances +- micron, nothing cheap to make them :) and it depends how much slugs one shoot within year, for example 10000 .25 caliber NSA slugs cost is appx 680$ and those are even not the most expensive. Multiply that four times and you have already paid Presslug with one die. I do believe I shoot like 800 to 1000 per month :)

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I suppose a die are made with a EDM machine, that can be quite precise, and make pretty nice surface roughness too, but still i recon there are some polishing done to the die too in order to make content release better, though in hand made you dont really need to keep up with the pace of a machine.

The pressslug tool and 1 die for .177 slugs cost 1938 USD here, for that price i can buy 116 tins of 13.43 grain KO slugs in .177 caliber, thats 46400 shots.
add to that the price of raw material to feed the tool, and i assume it would also be OK to put some modest price for my time making the slugs even if i am retired and have nothing but time.

Then i will have to shoot for quite a few years before ends meet.
Mind you larger caliber it will probably make even more sense, i dont dare to think what it would cost if i spent .30 slugs at the same rate i burn thru .177

No the rifle must be good to go, and generally most also are, well at least if you are like me and have modest requirements.

Most of the things i can buy to strap to my FX Maverick, well it is purely cosmetics in my book, and if i was that king of guy i would drive a BMW and not a POS little anemic Suzuki car.
BUT ! i am happy hitting close to where i aim, and not having to walk or take public transportation.

Reactions: SteveV
I can live with 2K USD ( thats is about 14,000 DKkr which are also what i get in pension every month )
Of course everyone would like cheaper than that, but for what it is / look to be, comparing to things like a pimped FX rifle or the Panthera or higher end Daystate rifles, it dont seem unreasonable.

Also very much appreciate the "two" model, CUZ really the bullpup thing, well its getting a little old i feel.
Of course traditional rifle shape, is even older, but to me that is just what it is, where as bullpup are more of a fashion thing in air rifles at least, even if i do understand someone hunting or doing pestling might well be able to put that design to good use.

Just saw Zan .177 lead free slugs, but then they are also just 8 grain, and Zan recommend a higher twist rate barrel for the lead free slugs ( i assume this go for all calibers )

Even if i am not in a position to buy a new rifle, i am happy the two come out first.

Too bad the article had no mention on the insides, CUZ i am wondering if its the usual CZ approach, with a simple valve at the end of the pipe

Thanks for the link. That Epic ONE and TWO has sparked my interest. More so on the ONE because of how compact it is especially with that muzzle brake. I like the stock but I'm also wondering if they have an adapter for an AR15 buffer tube for more versatility. I'm also looking forward to the new Zan pellets. It's another alternative besides JSB and H&N.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redtick12
The main receiver looks as awful lot like an Evol, the regulator looks like an Ed Gun Leshiy2 regulator. There are many things that look like they were taken from other rifles, copied and then used on this rifle.

Receiver - Evol
Barrel tension - Evol
Regulator - Edgun
Probe port - Edgun
Cocking Handle/Knob - FX

And that is just from the exterior... would be curious to see what the internals look like.