Epic Epic Airguns Two arrived

Clearly there is something, probably small, that you can do wrong to mess a Two up, as both i and Esab managed to do that.
And seeing as his rifle have been working just fine before he did whatever, and me doing something i assume when i took barrel off to clean it before #1 outing.
So my Two never performed.

Needless to say i have mailed Epic airguns about my problem to see if they can help.

I do feel that brass transfer port thing, that is so fragile looking that i have not cranked down too hard on it with the rather large set screw that guide & lock it in place.

BTW i am looking for a 3 mm steel ball as of course i did manage to launch and loose that one when i flipped the safety around, WHY i dont really know CUZ i never use the safety on any rifle, actually only on pistols and MGs i done that decades back when i was a very naughty boy.

it was just showing the gap in my rifle.

Shooting without the suppressor did not make any difference in my case. I removed the tension from the barrel system but I still waiting to try it

Clearly there is something, probably small, that you can do wrong to mess a Two up, as both i and Esab managed to do that.
And seeing as his rifle have been working just fine before he did whatever, and me doing something i assume when i took barrel off to clean it before #1 outing.
So my Two never performed.

Needless to say i have mailed Epic airguns about my problem to see if they can help.

I do feel that brass transfer port thing, that is so fragile looking that i have not cranked down too hard on it with the rather large set screw that guide & lock it in place.

BTW i am looking for a 3 mm steel ball as of course i did manage to launch and loose that one when i flipped the safety around, WHY i dont really know CUZ i never use the safety on any rifle, actually only on pistols and MGs i done that decades back when i was a very naughty boy.
I have mailed Epic two too about this topic and they said:" About the air tank touching the barrel, when the air tank is empty, it is free to move with it. So when you fill it with air, make sure that there is a gap (we hold it with the fingers between the barrel and air tank while filling). Then it will be ok.

The transfer port in my cal does not look fragile at all but It does not need a lot of torque to stay in place.

This rifle has a lot of 3 mm balls so be prepared having those spares around as they are prone to get lost super easily. They are super easy to find tho in your local hardware store.
Be aware also not to get all the little springs damaged because you can mess up the cocking leaver, the hammer and the safety catch.

The 1 ball on my Maverick power wheel, have me infuriated.
I very much hope when i get under way with the Two, i will not have to deal with those SOB balls again ( why dont they make them rods with 1 round end that guide some mm into the hole the spring sit in, with grease on they should not be so prone to launching )

Just googled for 3 mm steel balls here, found one seller, but i would have to buy 30 or so to get above their minimum buy as it is catering to professionals and not so much private PPL.
Now i am thinking find a bearing with 3 mm bals in it and cop it up.

My air tank always ´maintain the 3 - 4 mm distance to the barrel, and is parallel with it.
I am shooting tethered but the tether is down so if anything it should pull air tank / pipe away from the barrel above it.
Also micro bore hose i use so not really any pull on things.

Just looked at the danger end of the rifle, the exit look strange, well at least compared to the feed end where it pretty much just look like a round hole.
The pic do not do justice, by eye the exit look like a elongated hole

Two danger end.jpg

Reactions: Dairyboy
Okay i pressed 3 slugs thru the barrel 13 gr Zan and 20 gr Zan and H&N

If we agree on where the barrel is tightest is 100% then the feel is like this.

0 - 120 mm 30% / 120 - 400 mm 100% / 400 - 700 mm 20% so there is a distinct narrowing in the first half of the barrel where its tight for about 300 mm of travel..

Dropping the long 20 gr slugs into the breech end they drop strait in and stop with 2 - 3 mm from the barrel end surface to the back end of the slug.
slug in barrel.jpg

The look of the slugs i think is alright.

My Daystate Revere with 47cm barrel does so much better with conventional rifling. My barrel are choked. H&N slugs does fine within 40m but after that they are spreading. ZANs however particular the 20 and 22grainers are stabil its almost magic. Marriage in Heaven. I am sure 13grain slugs are "ok"(I see no need for them really) but for longrange you need the heaviest(but they have to stabilize first). The rifling with land & groove are they way to go. In ealier times the segmental rifling a la Metford didn`t work with lead bullet. It seems the airgun industry are trying to reinvent the wheel again with polygonal rifling(the same).

gYjvqINl.jpg

My air tank always ´maintain the 3 - 4 mm distance to the barrel, and is parallel with it.
I am shooting tethered but the tether is down so if anything it should pull air tank / pipe away from the barrel above it.
Also micro bore hose i use so not really any pull on things.
Maybe you can try to wrap some paper around the air tube and fix it with tape and then shoot it a couple of 50/100/150 times. If the end of barrel do touch the air tube when being shot, the paper do get marked or damaged.

Maybe you can try to wrap some paper around the air tube and fix it with tape and then shoot it a couple of 50/100/150 times. If the end of barrel do touch the air tube when being shot, the paper do get marked or damaged.
I would be more inclined to just remove the shroud and shoot the bare barrel free floating, then for sure nothing touch as there would be 10 mm if not more in between.

My .22 Cyclone have things just as close, and even decked out with a powder burner mono core moderator it never had any such problems. and it dont even have the additional stiffness of a shroud / tensioning system.

Cyclone small gap.jpg

Just looked at the danger end of the rifle, the exit look strange, well at least compared to the feed end where it pretty much just look like a round hole.
The pic do not do justice, by eye the exit look like a elongated hole

View attachment 459815

The exit has a crowned end and looks legit (y) :)

When pushing slugs through my LW polygon barrels, they do NOT get deep markings like in your video ! My guess is that the long tight spot is messing up your slugs and is way to tight in my opinion 🙃 :confused:

It is the tightest i have ever felt, or at least as tight as the choked part on some of the other rifles, after that the slug slide very easy if my rod was not so lightweight it would push the slug the rest of the way thru.

Lands on slugs do look like regular groves, but the CZ barrels for these that are such have way more lands, i would have expected something more along the groves a FX barrel leave. ( i count 6 groves )

Ideal i would assume a none choked barrel, would taper in ever so little along the whole length of the barrel, it is a bit weird it have this much resistance in " the middle" of the barrel.

I am a bit miffed now i dident just shoot the rifle as it was, or at least cleaned the barrel on the rifle.
But as Esab detail, clearly you can do something to a Two rifle that make it go from nice to OMG, this give me a little comfort.