• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Epic Epic Airguns Two arrived

Apparently Daystate is actively changing their barrel design for better performance with slugs and pellets, so probably also their twist rate.

Here is my source: https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/delta-and-aplha-wolf-barrels.1309414/

Ive emailed numerous Daystate dealers to ask about the twist rate, They all tell a different twist rate. They are probably all right because Daystate can change it after a while.
Ive high hopes for their new 711mm slug barrels. They'll be better suited for heavy projectiles i assume, i hope heavy pellets too. Most manufacturers use 1:16/1:17 for pushing heavy projectiles far as i know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peashooter
Yeah speed & power.

I remember getting my Maverick, probably a SUB 12 sold as FAC in a FAC country, CUZ at MAX hammer + 90 BAR it shot 13 gr MRD pellets at 575 FPS.
Mind you like lasers some of the best groups it ever shot even after i upgraded to a 700 mm barrel ( from 600 ) and that new barrel actually did want to shoot things at the higher speeds.
the 600 mm barrel and at +800 FPS,,,,,, OMG it was bad with ALL but Beast.

I will keep a eye out for the DS barrels for sure, CUZ if they are good i would want me some of that, even if it will be a substantial extra cost getting it crammed into the Two for instance.
I would not put something like that in my maverick, but if FX made a better heavy barrel able to shoot heavy, well i would get one of those even if i am sort of done shooting my Maverick i have had since the Maverick line launched.

Reactions: dynamischyteit
Okay, together with Epic airguns i have made a decision and will change from the LW barrel to the CZUB barrel.

It seem to be able to handle 16 gr zan at least, and quite well by the looks of it.

_ZAN 16 gr .177 56 meters EPIC TWO.jpg

Epic will kindly add a few extras to the parcel when they ship it out, just to be on the safe side.

Okay, together with Epic airguns i have made a decision and will change from the LW barrel to the CZUB barrel.

It seem to be able to handle 16 gr zan at least, and quite well by the looks of it.

View attachment 466217

Epic will kindly add a few extras to the parcel when they ship it out, just to be on the safe side.
That’s great news! I’m glad to see them so responsive without dragging their feet. Here’s hoping the new barrel is a laser!

EVERYTHING crossed it will be here before Friday, but it dont seem like they have shipped today, so not too high hopes, even if UPS can be lightning fast if they choose to.
Seem like i will have to do one more session on the Maverick CUZ FRI & SAT look to be sweet shooting weather.

Yeah it have been a bit sad start on this new adventure, CUZ i think we all just want to hit the ground running with a new rifle.
The only " bad " thing i have to say so far about the Two and Epic, is that the Two have 3 of those spring and ball " click " things where the Maverick just have one.

I am NOT a fan of those, so did due diligence and have ordered & received 50 of those little stel balls, and split them up in 3 different places, so no matter what i should always have spare steel balls at hand.

The fact the CZUB barrel can do 16gr well do not make me get high hopes for the 20 grainers, but i will have to try those some day during summer, BUT ! first and foremost i want to get the Two dialed in for the 13 gr i shoot most days.

Last edited:
I will keep a eye out for the DS barrels for sure
You'll see my results soon on this forum when i got the Alpha .22.
even if it will be a substantial extra cost getting it crammed into the Two for instance.
i guess you'll be cheaper to buy a alpha/delta, unless you can machine the barrel yourself for the Two.
but if FX made a better heavy barrel able to shoot heavy
I think one day fx going to use solid barrels again. look at the results of the Karma Red Panda with a 23mm bull barrel. I think its key for harmonics to have a solid thick barrel. They find out now :).

_ZAN 16 gr .177 56 meters EPIC TWO.jpg

Wauw. That are GREAT results with slugs!! That CZUB barrel is perfect for those light .177 slugs. And unmatched customer service from Epic!!

I think i would be able to machine a barrel for a air rifle if i had access to machines, not least as it should be a lot easier than for a actual rifle, even if i think you can get a reamer for various cartridges.
And it would also have to be something like that CUZ i am sure a Danish gunsmith, well if he work 2 hours that cost will be the price of a air rifle, and it would not have to be many more hours before the cost would be the same as a nice new rifle.

Still not heard from Epic in regard to shipping, so i whipped up a mail to them a few hours ago asking about this.
I get a tom of phishing / scam TXTs these days with people pretending to be postal / shipping agency or even customs, so hard to tell what is what.

Harmonics are a thing for sure, even for the little peas i shoot, but in my view FX do pretty darn well with their straws, but yeah karma might force their hand.
And maybe the FX owner have not used all the money on Italian sports cars ASO

Just send it back and get a BRK Ghost, drama free right out the box. The patience some users show after paying big dollars for a non performer? Is laudable, these are high dollar items. They simply need to work from pellet #1… Just got a Ghost Carbine yesterday 5/22/2024 quick dirty sight in with a 3-12x44 pesting scope. Repeated hits on rodent head size objects from 25 to 50 yards, simply drama free.

Just send it back and get a BRK Ghost, drama free right out the box. The patience some users show after paying big dollars for a non performer? Is laudable, these are high dollar items. They simply need to work from pellet #1… Just got a Ghost Carbine yesterday 5/22/2024 quick dirty sight in with a 3-12x44 pesting scope. Repeated hits on rodent head size objects from 25 to 50 yards, simply drama free.

Did you go with a .177 ? I wonder what typical group size at 100 yards with .177 ? I don't remember seeing many tight groups at long range anyways .

My .177s get blown around at 50y big time compared to my .22 cals.

Congratulations on the Ghost .

I think one day fx going to use solid barrels again. look at the results of the Karma Red Panda with a 23mm bull barrel. I think its key for harmonics to have a solid thick barrel. They find out now :).
You mean giving up to their millionaire profits selling 5 € value straw barrels?
I hope the results from others Brands help and guide them to that direction.

When a rifle get to around 2 K USD that is where i tap out.
Mind you if i was able to enjoy larger calibers that would probably not be so.

But being forced to .177 it feel a bit silly buying a kick ass high power rifle, also the limited selection of ammo ( slugs ) also have a say, and as we have touched upon the ability to shoot some of it not really being there.

I have been wondering:

Can you put too much spin on a pellet ?
If you can not i am wondering why barrel makers stopped at the current twist rates in .177 / 4.5 mm barrels

In larger calibers TR can be quite relaxed for pellet barrels, making me think that yes you can spin a pellet too fast in spite of its drag chute skirt

But as pellet and slug barrels in .177 / 4.5 mm seem to be the same TR no matter brand / method of production, well i will argue that no one really made a slug barrel for that caliber, just leeching on the fact pellet barrels will also shoot some slugs well.

Reactions: airgunmike56
Okay slight delay CUZ David wanted to check the barrel with 13 gr Zan before he shipped it to me, knowing 13 gr Zan is what i mainly shoot.

So he did that and it too seem to work just fine on their shorter 56 M range at least.

70 BAR on the regulator on top group , group below 80 BAR on the regulator :)

ZAN 13 grains, regulator 80 BARs 56 meters 5 shots.jpeg

The CZUB barrel + should be handed over to the UPS guy today.

I won't buy any BRK-Daystate for any reason. They have one of the worst Customer service I ever heard of. it's always customers fault for them.
There are also a lot of stupid people that won't take the blame even if its their own mistake, and then complaining on the forums. I always get fast response from Daystate, i don't see any problem.

Indeed.
I never minded admitting wrong, actually when i was ULTRA not confrontational i would assume other peoples wrong doings just so we can move on.
That will NOT happen today where i do not shy a confrontation verbal or physical,,,,, of course not on the internet CUZ that is a damn silly place to engage in a argument.

Come fall when i have shot my Two for a while i will have things to say i am sure, but then i have also shot it a lot and i feel have gained the right to actually make comments.

Reactions: Dairyboy
Okay.
So today i had to mod the Two a little.
When you " throw " the cocking lever forward it stop by " slamming " into the main body, the sound of metal on metal like that just do not do it for me.
So i dove into my bucket of little stuff and came out with a little sticky pad with EVA foam on it, this was meant for install on a dashcam mount as there can develop a rattle if the mounting become a little loose over time, the EVA pad would then fill up the space and kill the rattle.

Anyway back to the Two, i cut out a little piece and put it on the cocking lever where it collide with the body, resulting in a more nice " thud " sound VS the factory clank sound.
The EVA pad are 1 mm or so thick so should not matter on the operation of the rifle.
FYI I dont see why you couldent use something even thicker if you want to moderate your cocking experience like i have just done.

I am already contemplating replacing the EVA pad with a little pad made out of garden pond rubber liner

Lever.jpg

Reactions: Dairyboy
Okay so the new barrel arrived today, no thanks to the UPS guy that stopped in front of my door, then opned his van door and then closed it and drove away. ( claiming he tried to deliver and no one was home, but i have been waiting for parcel since 10:00 )
So har to wait additional 2 hours before i could go to a pickup point and get my stuff there ( complaint launched with UPS )

Anyways, threw on the new barrel, and did a short living room chrono session with pellets, so now i am ready for the range and fine adjustment with slugs.

Two round 2 reg.jpg

One problem though, my nephew shanghaied me to help him as he move into his mothers old apartment, so a few holes have to be drilled and a few lamps hung, and it seem i am the only wanna be electrician in the family.
Also not horrible CUZ the weather oracles here have a little rain pegged for Friday too.

So Friday i had pegged as range day, well fat chance, so it will have to be Saturday and Sunday which also look alright in regard to the weather.