Crosman Entry level PCP pistol.

I got a Air venturi avenger a couple years ago and a fill station for workshop. And now my 30th birthday is coming up in two months! And now I've been meaning to get a PCP air pistol for the longest time for my second PCP. My goals for my pistol wish list are I want something more convenient and light weight for offhand target practice. And I narrowed it down to a few entry level pistols either the Crosman Prod/NOTOS/Diana Bandit or Beeman 2027 and or the hasten jet. Any recommendations would be appreciated!?

Reactions: DirtyGator
The Notos or P-rod would be good choices. I polished trigger and hammer to smooth out the action on my Notos. I added a P-rod to my collection later and it was tuned out of the box to my liking. Both accurate and fun to plink in my backyard in carbine mode.
I definitely think I like the P rod more! Curious why is the Crosman marauder pistol called the P rod same for Mrod? Also would you recommend a UTG Bugbuster compact scope or 3x AR15 style magnifier red dot for either?

The Notos or P-rod would be good choices. I polished trigger and hammer to smooth out the action on my Notos. I added a P-rod to my collection later and it was tuned out of the box to my liking. Both accurate and fun to plink in my backyard in carbine mode.
I definitely like the bolt action on the prod more then the NOTOS and the fact it can use my avenger mags.

The notos and p-rod are too big for off-hand target shooting, unless you’re Andre the Giant. The predecessor of the Notos, the PP750 is shorter and comes with pistol grips making it more suited for offhand shooting than the Notos. The Diana bandit is the most compact out of all the above mentioned. But for a few more bucks you can get the best budget pistol available; the PP700. It’s more compact than all the others except for the Bandit. The grip is much better than the Bandit. Overall it has better build quality, performance, and accuracy than the Bandit.

C0FB234D-DEA9-482B-BCDC-FC5CA073C5CD.jpeg

Offhand, crosman 1701p.
Weight, balance, length, and ..............accuracy. Out of the box clean the barrel (and using a bag for me) will hit fly's at 50 yards. 5 year warranty , parts cost and availability , after market ......
Perhaps a bit more costly but worth the money. Try a forum search for them and see what real world users think.

John

I just got a Notos, really enjoying it so far. Isn't the smoothest loading, safety is clunky, and trigger leaves a lot to be desired. But fun for the money it seems tough to beat. Once you get used to the trigger, it seems to be a great little shooter.
Is the NOTOS a good offhand target gun? How many shots per refill? And what would be the best scope size or 3x magnifier?

I'm pleased with the Notos as a carbine and the PP700S-A as a pistol. Both are very accurate & powerful enough for small critters at closer range. Both are uncomplicated and their triggers were easily adjusted to crisply break @ 1.25lbs. Tons of user info/support on AGN and GTA. Lots of aftermarket goodies for both guns. BTW, Buck Rail's Notos handgaurd also fits the PP700. You'd just need to drill a hole for the fill port on the 700.

20231211_083545.jpg