• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

enjoying the new addition, the Uragan .25 with Slugs

Testing this morning with the Uragan and my hand cast slugs in the rain. Hard to take pics! Steel plate is 96 yards, 5 shots. Lots of splash, but actual hits the size of a U.S. Dime. Every thing was crystal clear thru the Zeiss. Just not so much when trying to take pics. Knife Edit, Slugs are HP 38 gr at 990's. M
DSC02789.1621529883.JPG
DSC02790.1621529887.JPG
DSC02793.1621529895.JPG
DSC02792.1621529900.JPG
DSC02794.1621529908.JPG

I was told that the Uragan .25 had a choked barrel and could not shoot slugs only pellets. Is this not true I was told only the Uragan .30 didn't have a choked barrel and could use slugs. I see you got an awesome group there with your slugs but are you doing any damage to the barrel? I like the looks of your slugs they look like they would perform well getting great expansion from that huge hallow point.

Nice group. I lost my Osborne 940 a couple of years ago bird hunting in Oregon; haven’t used a pocket clip since. That was always my son’s favorite knife of mine when he was growing up and he asked if he could take it when he deployed overseas. I hadn’t told him I lost it, but when I did he ordered the green aluminum handle for himself and the carbon fiber one for me. Great knife, great kid!

Thanks Guy's! Slug was 38 grs. Further modded the mold to cast at 34 grs. No, shooting slugs won't harm a barrel. LOL! I have tested NSA, Air Velocity Sport and D-Rig's and all shoot well.

The .25 is choked, but very little. About a Thou and a half. Simply size to the choke, not the bbl. In truth, a choke is only good for two things. First fixing issues in a bbl. that has bad spots in it. CZ bbl's have no such issue. In fact the Uragan came with a fully lapped and polished bore. Never seen that in any factory gun before!

Secondly, helping with the wild differences in pellet sizes. I don't shoot pellets, so I do remove the choke on most of my guns. The Uragan didn't need the choke to be removed. Woo-Hoo!!!

Most important thing for shooting slugs is to slug the barrel and order or size slugs to fit. It it has a choke, always size to the choke. Not he barrel proper. 

Knife

DSC02800.1623704148.JPG
Don't know if this is allowed or not. Yeah, I know, read the rules. I get confused between the different forums and rules

Any way, while shooting on my little range, over the course of 3 hours or so, these wire munchers showed up. One at a time. Took pic's of two of them. I gave up and skipped the pics of the third. All hit in exactly the same place. Thru the ear. 56+ yards. Up in a huge old live oak tree, well hidden. 

If inapproiate, feel free to remove. Won't hurt my feels one way or the other. Mike Yeah, I know, never set the date on the camera. LOL!

Mike/Knife, 

DSC02799.1623704026.JPG
DSC02811.1623704048.JPG