Embrace the Mystery!

Every day I strive to educate someone new about airgunning... And you should do the same!

I love airguns and of course DonnyFL!

1583945113_16213645155e6915998ac5b4.77679330.jpg

Guy at the gym Monday tells me he just bought a new Savage. I told him about air my PCPs and he asked about FPS. He was surprised when I said around 850-950 or more. Really surprised when I told him about the new 50 caliber taking down a bison. Most people don't have a clue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjKdwt5ofKA&t=70s

Out at the range many stop by to see what I am shooting because it is so quiet. I talk most into a couple of shots with my .25 Impact. Those shots are at 200 yards, I tell them the hold for wind, and pretty much all of them hit the 10x14 inch steel ram target fist shot with ease. They come away impressed and with grins on their faces I go back to shooting my spray paint cans and lids at the same range. The next time I see them they often bring their friends over for a couple of shots so I get to preach airguns and show them the arrow gun I built on a regular basis.

I constantly offer to take people shooting with me to see how freaking amazing the world of airguns has progressed. But I believe the minute one mentions "airguns" they get a mental image of the Crosman 760 or a Daisy bb gun. It ain't your daddy's pellet rifle! We, here, know that but old impressions die hard. How can one not be enamored by the fine pieces of precision machinery we have available to us today? I've had a couple converts but that's it. Won't stop me from trying! 

Nice timing!

Over the years, I've introduced many many people to airgunning, and enjoy trying to educate people on them too.. 
The 'timing thing'... Yesterday, I was at work, and a return customer stopped in. He usually hangs and chats.. 
We were talking about the 'Coronavirus scare', and how borders and shipping had been shut down.. 
I ranted about how I've tried 4 different sellers to get 4 different mini carbon fiber air tanks, and None would ship.. 
The funny part.. I dumbed down my description of them by saying: "Like a paintball gun air tank"

The guy then says - Oh yeah, I know what you mean.. "Like some of those high end airguns have on them?!"

YES! EXACTLY! I laughed, and had to tell him that I'm huge into airgunning and hoped that he might be too.. 

Apparently he had owned / used a few over the years [he's an older dude] but only multi-pumpers and break-bbl.

We spent over an hour talking, and I went over about 10 of the PCP rifles that I have so he'd learn the differences.
Showed pics, gave him specs, prices, pros / cons, etc. Best conversation I've ever had with him. Lots of fun.
The nice thing is - He completely knew what I was talking about, and was genuinely interested into diving deeper 
into airgunning and picking himself up a nicer higher-end model. I think that's just awesome!

I obviously wrote down some other info for him - Including the address for AirGunNation!!

Lastly - He also asked about "DonnyFL suppressors"! 😀🤘

😊👍

Sam -

Out at the range many stop by to see what I am shooting because it is so quiet. I talk most into a couple of shots with my .25 Impact. Those shots are at 200 yards, I tell them the hold for wind, and pretty much all of them hit the 10x14 inch steel ram target fist shot with ease. They come away impressed and with grins on their faces I go back to shooting my spray paint cans and lids at the same range. The next time I see them they often bring their friends over for a couple of shots so I get to preach airguns and show them the arrow gun I built on a regular basis.

At the 100 yard line, they usually have a chuckle when my air tanks come out, until I start shooting. For some reason, they want to know what is silent and can still hit bulls at 100 yards. Loads of fun!

After RMAC 2019 I got serious about sharing my Airgun platform. Shooting the precision match and seeing the reaction by spectators has was inspiring. My gun club range mates did not seem to notice when shooting large targets. So I came up with something more visible. Nothing better than shooting KYL targets at 40 and 100 yards. Small reactive targets get every one coming down to my bench. One of the awesome things about shooting an air rifle is the expense. I can let someone shoot a whole clip for $.80. The PRS shooters may share 2 shots. I try to talk up the air gun sport, but I have found the show and tell the best way to promote.
1584385563_13497570885e6fce1b1232c5.51373410.jpg

When talking to my friends I keep hearing " Yeah , but that's a toy" , So I tell them about how much things have changed . Now , we can hunt with them too also gets a strange look . Put one in their hands gets them interested . Tell them it cost more than a Kimber and you lose them , "that's crazy!" I explain the inital cost may be higher ; but the cheap ammo balances things out in the long run . They don't want to buy one but they always ask me to bring a couple along to the shoot ... One gave in and purchased a modern pcp , now he gets it ! It will catch on , just slowly . Best way is to shoot better than they do , gets them every time . Maybe a bumber sticker that reads "Ask me about my air guns "