Eliminated entire trash panda family!

New record for me, took out 4 racoons back to back to back to back. Saw the family stroll into my yard so I got set up and waited for a clear shot on mama. I wanted to take out the biggest one first as I assumed the rest would run away. Turned out I was wrong lol. I was able to dispatch all 4 in about 30 seconds, each one taking one shot to the fuse box. No follow up shots needed.

Used my FX Maverick in 25 caliber, shooting Hades pellets at 925fps. This was my first time using the Hades on racoon, typically I dial up the power and use FX 34gr pellets at 915fps for headshots on trash pandas, but my gun was set up for Hades at the time. Obviously they worked well. Distance was about 30yds, close enough that I didn't feel the need to dial the gun up to full power. Also used the Oneleaf "night vision" attached to my hawke sidewinder scope.

20230703_072956.jpg

I purchased my .25 for just this reason. Take out the night time bandits as needed. Great shooting. As you found out. Shoot the mom first and the kids stick around wondering what happened to mom. 😁
That's exactly what happened! I actually took out the dad about a week ago, and a day later I spotted the rest of the family. So I had been patiently waiting for a shot opportunity on them. Definitely wasn't expecting to take them all out at once!

I assume this was the other "parent" of the family that I took out last week, he was rolling solo that night.

20230629_115857.jpg

Congratulations! Looks like a pretty good range of weights. I used my fishing scale to weigh the one I shot and he was a little under 8 lbs - probably similar to the kids you shot. That bigger one looks significantly bigger.
When I bagged them up I put the 3 small ones in one bag, and the momma in another. Picking them both up they felt very close in weight.

Just for the heck of it I should get myself a scale to weigh some of these damn things. I've taken out a few groundhogs and racoons that were HUGE. I'm always curious what they actually weigh as opposed to just guessing.

New record for me, took out 4 racoons back to back to back to back. Saw the family stroll into my yard so I got set up and waited for a clear shot on mama. I wanted to take out the biggest one first as I assumed the rest would run away. Turned out I was wrong lol. I was able to dispatch all 4 in about 30 seconds, each one taking one shot to the fuse box. No follow up shots needed.

Used my FX Maverick in 25 caliber, shooting Hades pellets at 925fps. This was my first time using the Hades on racoon, typically I dial up the power and use FX 34gr pellets at 915fps for headshots on trash pandas, but my gun was set up for Hades at the time. Obviously they worked well. Distance was about 30yds, close enough that I didn't feel the need to dial the gun up to full power. Also used the Oneleaf "night vision" attached to my hawke sidewinder scope.

View attachment 369634
Hi Carfarther,
Nice work.
What weights are those .25cal hades?
Weight/fps/fpe?
Pete.

Hi Carfarther,
Nice work.
What weights are those .25cal hades?
Weight/fps/fpe?
Pete.
I realized after the fact that I'm actually using the FX Atomic pellets, which are technically the same as Hades. They are 25.4gr and with my current tune I send them out at 925fps on power wheel setting 5 (48fpe). I use power wheel 7 for the FX 34gr diabolo pellets at 915fps which is my normal racoon "load". That was my first time taking them out with the atomic pellet which did the job just fine. All 4 took one single pellet to the head each. No follow up shots needed.

View attachment 369634
Man that's some awesome shooting I wish that I could take care of my trash panda problem that fast you need to start offering raccoon anti terrorist services lol

Reactions: rangur1