• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Elevation maxed out

I posted a while back that I was running out of elevation on my scope. I now think it was just the magnification. I was using a 30x scope and while it was clear wasn’t showing my shots out at 100 yards. When I keep it at 10x, I can see where I’m hitting. Now I know I could use more elevation to get the turrets to get to the poi, but I changed scopes to a moa2 instead of the mil dot. This reticle goes all the way down to the bottom of the scope. I like that. Just today I made my furthest hit on a ground squirrel at 100+ yards at 10x. I thank the semi auto Steyr and the moa2 for that. I was able to see my miss and move the squirrel right to the poi and nailed him. In addition, I have the 25moa scope shims on the way so I hope to be breaking into the 100 yard club more often.

The scope shims ought to do the trick or adjustable mounts. The higher magnification scopes have less travel adjustment compared to the lower magnification variable scopes or you can replace the scope with one with a larger tube or lower magnification and look into buying one with a lot of travel adjustment based on the specs before buying.

Walt