Element Optics

Vortex has scopes that have parallax down to 10 yds. The diamond back tactical has 10 yds. The razor line has 10 yd parallax. The venom and strike eagle both have 15 yd parallax and the venom does focus lower than 15. I will check and see if it will focus down to 10 yds but I would not be surprised if it did. Even if it doesnt vortex covers a budget scope and an expensive option that do hit 10 yds.
I think the razor line must be hit or miss, I was just looking at a Gen II 3x18 that was priced right but 25 yards. Gotta have the critters crisp and clear for their closeups.

Yes, the reticle on the Airmax I was looking at was weak--really weak. Thanks.
Douger,
I just happened to look at a Sidewinder Pro reticle. It too left something to be desired. Too bad. The reticle on the 20x half mil is somewhat better. I guess I could live with one of them, but I am not a seasoned air gunner.

Last edited:
I just wish Nightforce focused closer. My Competition only focuses down to 25 yds, but the glass is great. I'm now looking at March scopes (fixed focal length).
They actually do have several NF models that focus down to 11 yards.

They have their flagship which is the ATACR Series:
4-20×50 F1 (FFP)
7-35×56 F1 (FFP)
7-35×56 F2 (SFP)

Next in line is their NX8 Series:
2.5-20×50 F1 (FFP)
2.5-20×50 F2 (SFP)
4-32×50 F1 (FFP)
4-32×50 F2 (SFP)

All these models I listed focus down to 11 yards and the list is a pretty wide range of variable power magnification to suit someone's needs if they have the coin. All models are also available in SFP and FFP with MIL or MOA reticles with matching turrets of course.

I have the 2.5-20X50 F1 with MIL-C reticle. The sample I got is really good for an ultra-short scope if you're not too hung up on shallow depth of field which actually works better for airgun ranges. There's also a little distortion at the edges but those are the drawbacks of an 8x erector in such a short scope.

Last edited:
Reactions: JungleShooter

4-20×50 F1 (FFP)
7-35×56 F1 (FFP)
7-35×56 F2 (SFP)

2.5-20×50 F1 (FFP)
2.5-20×50 F2 (SFP)
4-32×50 F1 (FFP)
4-32×50 F2 (SFP)

All these models I listed focus down to 11 yards and the list is a pretty wide range of variable power magnification to suit someone's needs if they have the coin. All models are also available in SFP and FFP with MIL or MOA reticles with matching turrets of course.

I have the 2.5-20X50 F1 with MIL-C reticle. The sample I got is really good for an ultra-short scope if you're not too hung up on shallow depth of field which actually works better for airgun ranges. There's also a little distortion at the edges but those are the drawbacks of an 8x erector in such a short scope.
Interesting data. Thanks. S7

Vortex has scopes that have parallax down to 10 yds. The diamond back tactical has 10 yds. The razor line has 10 yd parallax. The venom and strike eagle both have 15 yd parallax and the venom does focus lower than 15. I will check and see if it will focus down to 10 yds but I would not be surprised if it did. Even if it doesnt vortex covers a budget scope and an expensive option that do hit 10 yds.
Over many years of enjoyment with air rifles, mostly springers, Vortex is my favorite scope of them all. The glass is clear, the reticle easy to see and they simply do not have problems. They are my choice for my magnum springers.
Element Optics is an upfront and good company and they do instantly honor their warranty. However if you shoot springers do not use an Element scope as they are not made or designed for a springer. I had two fail, the first one the side parallax wheel broke internally and would not function, the second one the front glass retainer and glass almost fell out and the sealing o ring was hanging out of the side of the glass. Both returned and happily replaced, and I sold them with the disclosure, do not use on a springer.

Cheers
Kit

Over many years of enjoyment with air rifles, mostly springers, Vortex is my favorite scope of them all. The glass is clear, the reticle easy to see and they simply do not have problems. They are my choice for my magnum springers.
Element Optics is an upfront and good company and they do instantly honor their warranty. However if you shoot springers do not use an Element scope as they are not made or designed for a springer. I had two fail, the first one the side parallax wheel broke internally and would not function, the second one the front glass retainer and glass almost fell out and the sealing o ring was hanging out of the side of the glass. Both returned and happily replaced, and I sold them with the disclosure, do not use on a springer.

Cheers
Kit
KC, If this is the case with all, or the majority of, element scopes, the company needs to advertise differently. Dubber says you can put the scope on a "tank."

KC, If this is the case with all, or the majority of, element scopes, the company needs to advertise differently. Dubber says you can put the scope on a "tank."
Not many companies say one way or the other. This is unfortunately left up to us the user to find out the hard way. Yep Dubber says it is good for a 50 caliber BFG. Well a BFG is not a magnum springer.
They instantly replaced both scopes with a smile, however they would not commit to the statement, do not use on a springer, instead I got the same it is good on a 50 caliber BFG. Once again that is not a springer.
Call Hawke and they will tell you that their AMX is specifically designed for springers. They will also tell you a vantage may or may not survive a 12 fpe air gun.
Vortex simply says, all our scopes are rated for springers.
However as customers look at products at places such as Pyramid Air, Aof A etc etc, there is no mention at all of if that particular scope is rated for a springer and Yes I think that should be a required description for all scopes for sale on any air gun site. The only scope I see on the air rifle sites that is supposedly rated for springers is the UTG or Leapers so called True Strength. I have found that on a magnum springer they do not last long either. Sure they will replace or fix, however it may take two months. I have one right now that for the second time has spun the reticle, I can send it to them again or just toss it in the garbage, personally I vote for the garbage bin, I do not like substandard equipment advertised as fantastically wonderful.

Most companies are mum, very quiet about use of their scopes on an springer. Or they give you the run around.
I agree Element Optics should tell people their scopes are not rated for magnum springers. I further think all scopes for sale should include that in their description prior to sale to any prospective customer.

Cheers
Kit

Reactions: JungleShooter
Not many companies say one way or the other. This is unfortunately left up to us the user to find out the hard way. Yep Dubber says it is good for a 50 caliber BFG. Well a BFG is not a magnum springer.
They instantly replaced both scopes with a smile, however they would not commit to the statement, do not use on a springer, instead I got the same it is good on a 50 caliber BFG. Once again that is not a springer.
Call Hawke and they will tell you that their AMX is specifically designed for springers. They will also tell you a vantage may or may not survive a 12 fpe air gun.
Vortex simply says, all our scopes are rated for springers.
However as customers look at products at places such as Pyramid Air, Aof A etc etc, there is no mention at all of if that particular scope is rated for a springer and Yes I think that should be a required description for all scopes for sale on any air gun site. The only scope I see on the air rifle sites that is supposedly rated for springers is the UTG or Leapers so called True Strength. I have found that on a magnum springer they do not last long either. Sure they will replace or fix, however it may take two months. I have one right now that for the second time has spun the reticle, I can send it to them again or just toss it in the garbage, personally I vote for the garbage bin, I do not like substandard equipment advertised as fantastically wonderful.

Most companies are mum, very quiet about use of their scopes on an springer. Or they give you the run around.
I agree Element Optics should tell people their scopes are not rated for magnum springers. I further think all scopes for sale should include that in their description prior to sale to any prospective customer.

Cheers
Kit
Thanks for the full response, Kit. I am sorry for your experience with scopes and springers. I do not own a springer, and I am presently interested in PCPs, so I don’t have to personally worry about this. May your future fortunes in this regard be better. Take care. S7

4-20×50 F1 (FFP)
7-35×56 F1 (FFP)
7-35×56 F2 (SFP)

2.5-20×50 F1 (FFP)
2.5-20×50 F2 (SFP)
4-32×50 F1 (FFP)
4-32×50 F2 (SFP)

Hey, P71. I have very broad question that may not be easily answerable, but let me try. All things being relatively equal, do you prefer a Nightforce or a Vortex? Thanks. S7

Hey, Mg.
If the newer 3-18x Titan was came in a 30mm tube and was lighter--which I guess would make it something other than a"Titan"--I would be interested in it. The line seems really nice. I would like to see the Titan glass next to the Helix, and if I could tell the difference easily. Take care.

Titan has ED glass and has very noticeably better glass than Helix, it’s actually a great scope for the money especially if you dial. Only down side is amount of vertical adjustment is a bit low, 90 MOA isn’t enough if you want to dial past 200 yards.

Has anyone used the newer Helix 4-14x44?
In his YouTube review, after noting the 15 yard (instead of 10 yard) parallax, Dubber said that those who do lots of close shooting might want to consider this difference. I do a decent amount of backyard pesting at 10 yards and under. I like this scope and am considering buying it but don’t want to regret the purchase due to the parallax. I commented to Dubber on YouTube (just last night) and asked why Element began the parallax at 15 yards.
One more thing: Dubber said that due to the smaller 44mm OL not having to bend light at a greater angle, this scope had, in his opinion, a bit sharper image. I cannot say from here, and with my untrained eye, may not even notice.
Thank you. S7

15 yard focus is not and issue if your shoot close as you will be on minimum magnification. The 15 yard limit is for 16x zoom, if you are 4x you can see just fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sanctify7
Matt mentions the Element Theos at minute 4 in this video. It is also seen at 13:28

Theos.png

Titan has ED glass and has very noticeably better glass than Helix, it’s actually a great scope for the money especially if you dial. Only down side is amount of vertical adjustment is a bit low, 90 MOA isn’t enough if you want to dial past 200 yards.

15 yard focus is not and issue if your shoot close as you will be on minimum magnification. The 15 yard limit is for 16x zoom, if you are 4x you can see just fine.
qball, I am glad for this answer. I was hoping the glass was better. By any chance, would you know if the same applies when comparing the Titan to the Nexus? Thanks. S7

LDP,
At first I thought you were wrong to say that the Razor line has some scopes that parallax down to 10 yards, but you are correct. The problem is the only one that does is the 45 oz. HD GEN III 6-36x56, which has a $3,999.99 Manufacturer's price. Little about this scope helps someone like me (close-range pester). The next lowest parallax is on the HD LHT 3-15x42 and 3-15x50 and is 20 yards. Correct?
Also, I looked at the Diamondback line and there is at least one scope, the 6-24x50, that goes down to 10 yards.

Here's a question: Why do the higher magnification scopes parallax lower than the others? I remember reading something about parallax that may have to do with this situation but have forgotten what it said and where it was. Thanks. S7

Last edited: