Element Optics

I would steer you toward a Nightforce for that amount of money. I've had the opportunity to experience Nightforce and Element optic and I think Nightforce is a bit better in glass.

Also, I like Matt Dubber and the team of Element Optic, but Matt Dubber's involvement with the review of the Aztec scope was really bad. He miss some fundamental problems with the Aztec scope. He lost one point in credibility with me just on that.

Other than that, I still like him but I am very suspicious on his reviews when promoting any products.

Has anyone used the newer Helix 4-14x44?
In his YouTube review, after noting the 15 yard (instead of 10 yard) parallax, Dubber said that those who do lots of close shooting might want to consider this difference. I do a decent amount of backyard pesting at 10 yards and under. I like this scope and am considering buying it but don’t want to regret the purchase due to the parallax. I commented to Dubber on YouTube (just last night) and asked why Element began the parallax at 15 yards.
One more thing: Dubber said that due to the smaller 44mm OL not having to bend light at a greater angle, this scope had, in his opinion, a bit sharper image. I cannot say from here, and with my untrained eye, may not even notice.
Thank you. S7

I have a Nexus and love it, from what i saw in a video the Theos is going to bigger and heavier.
Thanks. I can imagine the Nexus is great, but I cannot justify spending the money. I am glad you like it. I will keep this on the down low because of AGN rules, but the name Theos is an unfortunate and insensitive one.
Take care, and enjoy that nice scope.

Reactions: JungleShooter
Thanks. I can imagine the Nexus is great, but I cannot justify spending the money. I am glad you like it. I will keep this on the down low because of AGN rules, but the name Theos is an unfortunate and insensitive one.
Take care, and enjoy that nice scope.
I am not sure what you saying here, but I am not the one who named the scope, if there is an issue with that name, I would write Element optics and let them know

Hi, landshark.
I did not intend to point anything at you! That’s for sure, so sorry if it appeared that way. You were merely mentioning the facts. You have my sincerest apology.
For the record, I did contact Element Optics. I doubt my concerns will be heeded, but who knows.
Again, I apologize for any misunderstanding.
Take care. S7

Reactions: JungleShooter
Has anyone used the newer Helix 4-14x44?
In his YouTube review, after noting the 15 yard (instead of 10 yard) parallax, Dubber said that those who do lots of close shooting might want to consider this difference. I do a decent amount of backyard pesting at 10 yards and under. I like this scope and am considering buying it but don’t want to regret the purchase due to the parallax. I commented to Dubber on YouTube (just last night) and asked why Element began the parallax at 15 yards.
One more thing: Dubber said that due to the smaller 44mm OL not having to bend light at a greater angle, this scope had, in his opinion, a bit sharper image. I cannot say from here, and with my untrained eye, may not even notice.
Thank you. S7
think its pretty fine reticlle and power will be pretty maxed but could be wrong the helix got very nice scope cam reticle

think its pretty fine reticlle and power will be pretty maxed but could be wrong the helix got very nice scope cam reticle
In his YouTube video, I believe Dubber said Element made this reticle a bit thicker than the one in the 6-24x50 Helixes. He says he expects people to use this model at 4, 5, and 6 power, so they should be able to see the reticle. I agaonized over what scope to get this weekend and hope I made a good decision, especially after all the hours of research and conversing with AGN people. Well, I will find out in a few days when it arrives, I guess.
By the way, I caught what you said about the Arken, but it's a bit too heavy for my present concerns. Thanks.

Douger, by the way, I have this haunting feeling that the Hawke Airmax 3-12x32 would have fit my need for my property pesting. It's light (ca. 21 ounces), and supposedly has nice glass for the price. I was afraid that Hawke in general would be inferior to Element and Athlon (the Midas TAC 4-16x44 in particular) and that a 32 mm objective lens was too small. I currently do not shoot long range at all. Any thoughts? Thanks. S7

Last edited:
I like my titan, don't see the others in the element line doing as well vs the competition. Hope to see the larger players like leupold, vortex, Burris etc add 10m side focus to their lineup as airgun market grows.
Hey, Mg.
If the newer 3-18x Titan came in a 30mm tube and was lighter--which I guess would make it something other than a"Titan"--I would be interested in it. The line seems really nice. I would like to see the Titan glass next to the Helix, and if I could tell the difference easily. Take care.

Last edited:
I like my titan, don't see the others in the element line doing as well vs the competition. Hope to see the larger players like leupold, vortex, Burris etc add 10m side focus to their lineup as airgun market grows.
Vortex has scopes that have parallax down to 10 yds. The diamond back tactical has 10 yds. The razor line has 10 yd parallax. The venom and strike eagle both have 15 yd parallax and the venom does focus lower than 15. I will check and see if it will focus down to 10 yds but I would not be surprised if it did. Even if it doesnt vortex covers a budget scope and an expensive option that do hit 10 yds.

I would steer you toward a Nightforce for that amount of money. I've had the opportunity to experience Nightforce and Element optic and I think Nightforce is a bit better in glass.

Also, I like Matt Dubber and the team of Element Optic, but Matt Dubber's involvement with the review of the Aztec scope was really bad. He miss some fundamental problems with the Aztec scope. He lost one point in credibility with me just on that.

Other than that, I still like him but I am very suspicious on his reviews when promoting any products.
Hey, DB, can you provide the link for the review you speak of? Thank you.

I just wish Nightforce focused closer. My Competition only focuses down to 25 yds, but the glass is great. I'm now looking at March scopes (fixed focal length).