• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Element optics/Athlon talos

OK Then,I know optics,I know music and I know what I know through My experiences=they can be different than yours....comparing this with that can be hard to do unless you got this and that together.....That is why at times I hasten to get involved with these types of opinions...they are in fact opinions.....you do not have my eyes...

Listen up forget it,get a European scope,...about this best one you can get for your money is made in CZ....with some help from another will known crystal maker....and starts with the letter M.....Another point I would like to make.....US have a tendency to overpower=too much magnification for purpose.,that just adds weight and length....

I think you may find better opinions from other sites=all information should be used to enlighten and educate yourself.

Fact is experience is an individual thing,when a majority of knowledgeable people agree then it is time to take a long and open look at what they are agreeing on.....that would be a good choice to investigate......

@dan_house, over-magnification implies a range you don't need, so you are lugging around extra weight which may have come at an unnecessary cost or compromised quality. Higher magnification means smaller field of view which may matter greatly. If you don't shoot from a bench, you may not want the distraction of the reticle bounce around with your heartbeat. It also means a tighter eye box, which is an annoying fact of life. For short range pesting, I use the lower range of 6x on my scope but I don't think I ever used more than 15x (of 24x).

Athlon has an amazing warranty, and they stood behind their product when I had an issue with my scope.