• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Element optics/Athlon talos

Hi y'all,

I'm a noob, getting back in to my youth hobby of airgunning. and shooting a gamo coyote, mostly at 10 to 25 yrds. and I just got the ok on shooting on a farm property so will extend my "reach". As a decadent 50 year anniversary present to myself, I just ordered a fx crown synth, .177( the one calliber one can own without a permit here in Norway)

Now this depleted my budget a bit, and I'm looking for a decent "budget" scope, for arround 3-400 $. I'm looking at the Element Helix, putting my faith in Matt and Ted.

Does anybody have experience with this new and promising brand?

Another candidate would be the athlon talos btr 4-14x44. ffp ( with some mixed revieuws)

Any thoughts would be apprecciated!

Greetz from Norway!

Not sure of the cost in your country but the Vortex Diamondback Tactical First Focal Plane 6-24x50 is selling on Amazon in the USA for $399. It gets very good reviews. Haven't seen any reviews of the Element Helix yet but not sure I would be willing to buy on hype with no independent reviews available.

That $399.99 Diamondback Tactical is just as blurry as the $249.99 Athlon Argos BTR. The cheaper front AO Vortex are clearer. YO

Why are you putting your faith in celebrity advertisers who are not Cyclops? I would suggest a Bushnell label if your country has clearance sale on the Nitro series too. Less than half price with a great company warranty and upgrade program if the model becomes obsolete. YO

Why put your faith in “celebrity advertisers” at all? The Athlon scopes are fine choices, they have a deep lineup at multiple price points. Don’t know what YO is getting at. Makes a lot of blanket statements.

I actually have them all and either everything are defective except for my 3 Bushnell Engage scopes I got lucky with. I'm simply comparing all mentioned by side that's all. No blanket statement I own all of them so I think I might know a little something... or maybe my eyesight isn't as good as yours. I bought my Nightforce after noticing Hunter BobO replaced his blurry Athlon with a Nightforce and how much clearer his videos are FYI... YO

I actually have them all and either everything are defective except for my 3 Bushnell Engage scopes I got lucky with. I'm simply comparing all mentioned by side that's all. No blanket statement I own all of them so I think I might know a little something... or maybe my eyesight isn't as good as yours. I bought my Nightforce after noticing Hunter BobO replaced his blurry Athlon with a Nightforce and how much clearer his videos are FYI... YO

Everything are defective??? You have them all? Wow! I stand corrected.

Why are you putting your faith in celebrity advertisers who are not Cyclops? I would suggest a Bushnell label if your country has clearance sale on the Nitro series too. Less than half price with a great company warranty and upgrade program if the model becomes obsolete. YO

I have the same faith in cyclops as in all the YT revieuwers... That's why I'm here. The best revieuws are those after a few years of usage. Bushnell lies arround 6-700 here, maybe next year! Thanks for your input though, Yo! Appriciated. :)

Not sure of the cost in your country but the Vortex Diamondback Tactical First Focal Plane 6-24x50 is selling on Amazon in the USA for $399. It gets very good reviews. Haven't seen any reviews of the Element Helix yet but not sure I would be willing to buy on hype with no independent reviews available.

Checked them out, they go for arround &-700 bucks here. Apparently Norway is expensive for scopes! Thanks for your input, though, I'll keep an eye out for that one. :)

Checked them out, they go for arround &-700 bucks here. Apparently Norway is expensive for scopes! Thanks for your input, though, I'll keep an eye out for that one. :)

Apparently everything is expensive in Norway :)

check shops in UK or continental Europe postage is only around €18

You will not find a better scope for $350 shipped then the arken 4 x 14 x 44 just se the reviews in the forum...you will not regret the spend .. as for celebrity's word...it wort #&^@&?>< -- to me every one that has a check pending for sponsorship on a product simply i not trusts them .. I trust in the buyers opinion on this forum to make my personal decision....I don't now how people still believe...example I give my word than this product and every one before it I exactly the same a mirror image one after the other the same as you se me shooting today because this is it and the rest are stuck behind....months later product releases and then the non sponsored members on this forum start to test...lies lies - lies - as with every other product of any other maker some are good some bad some really bad ..but you purchased because it was supposed to be perfect in every way .. he said so ..🤣🤣🤣🤣..but is ok you keep believing 😝

Price points are very relative here. My Ares ETR is clearer than the lower priced Nightforce scopes. 68. Whiskey did a side by sidecomparison between NF and Athlon. I think it was the Midas-Tac and SHV. The SHV had a lot of weird shadowing that the Athlon did not. 

Just my two cents, it depending on how much you want to spend if you’re trying to stay in the budget category for around $250-$350 US I would get an Athalon FFP scope in a heartbeat! Yes I know they’re not the best however if they do break on you in the US they stand by their warranty I sent back a defective Talos and Argos and had them replaced within 3 days, and the talos was taken care of just 2 weeks ago during the COVID19 madness. When I call their phone number a human actually answers the phone and is willing to help you. Just remember customer service is key. It doesn’t matter how much the scope cost or how good it is if it breaks on you and they are not willing to fix it for you.

Just my two cents, it depending on how much you want to spend if you’re trying to stay in the budget category for around $250-$350 US I would get an Athalon FFP scope in a heartbeat! Yes I know they’re not the best however if they do break on you in the US they stand by their warranty I sent back a defective Talos and Argos and had them replaced within 3 days, and the talos was taken care of just 2 weeks ago during the COVID19 madness. When I call their phone number a human actually answers the phone and is willing to help you. Just remember customer service is key. It doesn’t matter how much the scope cost or how good it is if it breaks on you and they are not willing to fix it for you.

Learned this lesson the hard way. You want a brand with a deep lineup and a track record should issues arise with your scope. Athlon provides this at multiple price points.

The Talos BTR is my go-to cheap scope, mainly because the reticle is one of the best all .2 mil reticles in the market regardless of price. The glass is better than in the 3 SWFA 3-15's I've owned.

They have unit to unit variance and I have one that has a stiff parallax knob, I've been lazy and haven't sent it back, but the other half dozen or so I've owned were pretty good.