Element Nexus

I am wondering which one of those brainiacs came up with this idea to imprint website address together with the reticle...
1f914.svg
1f44f.svg
1f92c.svg

Haha, they love to state the whole 'designed by professional shooters/hunters' things but left out they're all pro youtubers/social media guys with posting/advertising/promotion etched into their DNA.

So now any scope cam footage you ever take and share through an element automatically becomes a free ad for them. Brainiac indeed...

Considering Elements is not an optical company, they took a road that lots of rifle scope brands do - take a stock items from one of the OEM (or superficial ODM) manufacturers in Japan / China / Philippians, (for example in Japan this guys make lots scopes you buy with different logos http://www.light-op.co.jp/english/products.html#p02 ) do a bit cosmetic make up, get some twinkling with something can be promoted as USP, say reticules, ets, box it with a logo and new brand is here.

And it is an old story with claims of special QC in place. Just imaging an assembly guy in one of those factories, making a scopes for brand A, and then he needs to make a scope with Elements logo, that is what that guy do day by day, for a host of brands.

I don't expect something extraordinary from Elements scopes, but they will do well provided there will be reliable customer support.

Since this fashion of relentless re-branding the same scopes kicked in, where the hardest work is preparing the artwork for packaging, I am having more and more respect for brands who create truly their own, from optics to mechanics, 

Considering Elements is not an optical company, they took a road that lots of rifle scope brands do - take a stock items from one of the OEM (or superficial ODM) manufacturers in Japan / China / Philippians, (for example in Japan this guys make lots scopes you buy with different logos http://www.light-op.co.jp/english/products.html#p02 ) do a bit cosmetic make up, get some twinkling with something can be promoted as USP, say reticules, ets, box it with a logo and new brand is here.

And it is an old story with claims of special QC in place. Just imaging an assembly guy in one of those factories, making a scopes for brand A, and then he needs to make a scope with Elements logo, that is what that guy do day by day, for a host of brands.

I don't expect something extraordinary from Elements scopes, but they will do well provided there will be reliable customer support.

Since this fashion of relentless re-branding the same scopes kicked in, where the hardest work is preparing the artwork for packaging, I am having more and more respect for brands who create truly their own, from optics to mechanics,

Quick note, I just deleted a long response because it wasn't productive. So let me just ask this... What scope do you think it's a mimic of? And no, I don't mean that to be argumentative, I'm truly curious.

My stance is that there are only so many ways to make a scope in any catagory. So if one took a UTG and swapped in the right glass and right mechanics, a reticle I'm willing to pay for and the right turrets and calibrated it right, is it then a $3000 scope? If these have the right combination of 'stuff' and I like the reticle, then it really comes down (for me) to how these compare to other scopes I've had in the same price range. Time (just a couple days) will tell. I'm making no assumptions.... thats why I started this topic. 

Thanks

I am wondering which one of those brainiacs came up with this idea to imprint website address together with the reticle...
1f914.svg
1f44f.svg
1f92c.svg

Where can this be seen? I'd like to see that as I think that's crazy they would do that unless it's in there personal scopes??

Look at the air hunters videos and you see it off to the edges of the sight picture. Only in the full frame shots.

Titan:

1586156566_13673932475e8ad4168333a5.51017973.jpeg

Nexus:

1586156614_4515941195e8ad4467a3e72.15194908.jpeg

Maybe it's only on the youtuber versions and the retail ones won't have it 🤷‍♂️ We'll see in a while I guess! Quite possibly edited in? Lot of effort if so. Not terribly intrusive regardless but if it's going to be on all of them, clever marketing for sure. 

I haven't seen anyone trade a $3000 NF for Element. Maybe an $1800 NF. Even Matt kept his ATACR and Ares ETR.

I think the thing to remember is the Element scopes are excelling within their price point. You can't expect a $1500 scope to equal a $3600 NF or SB.

DShepard

Just watch 68. Whiskey who said his NF scopes are paper wights now or UA guys saying that there is nothing below $2500 that can touch this scope.

So this tell me two things , ether this scope is that good (Win for all of us) or theirs videos are BS.

B

Quick note, I just deleted a long response because it wasn't productive. So let me just ask this... What scope do you think it's a mimic of? And no, I don't mean that to be argumentative, I'm truly curious.

My stance is that there are only so many ways to make a scope in any catagory. So if one took a UTG and swapped in the right glass and right mechanics, a reticle I'm willing to pay for and the right turrets and calibrated it right, is it then a $3000 scope? If these have the right combination of 'stuff' and I like the reticle, then it really comes down (for me) to how these compare to other scopes I've had in the same price range. Time (just a couple days) will tell. I'm making no assumptions.... thats why I started this topic. 

Thanks

"What scope do you think it's a mimic of? And no, I don't mean that to be argumentative, I'm truly curious." - alternatively you can ask Elements who their optical designer. is..., honestly, you don't need to have any special industry knowledge to see who is who and what is what

I am not saying that they are bed scopes, or this brand wont be commercially successful, and customers after all are free to chose what they like.

I am just disappointed that a on their own , all participants (FX and other 2 guys) standing out from the crowd in their segments, but when they came together, they produce something so trivial. But may be something substantial, on the FX scale of things, will come later, will find out soon.

I haven't seen anyone trade a $3000 NF for Element. Maybe an $1800 NF. Even Matt kept his ATACR and Ares ETR.

I think the thing to remember is the Element scopes are excelling within their price point. You can't expect a $1500 scope to equal a $3600 NF or SB.

DShepard

Just watch 68. Whiskey who said his NF scopes are paper wights now or UA guys saying that there is nothing below $2500 that can touch this scope.

So this tell me two things , ether this scope is that good (Win for all of us) or theirs videos are BS.

B

No offense but just check out which products they push the most. A NF being a paperweight like is that even a realistic statement? Now can they be excellent for the money? Absolutely. But scopes are a personal preference thing. Many different opinions. But no offense I wouldn't trust a review by anyone that sells FX, or likely sponsored by FX to give a true opinion on comparisons.

Sorry folks. I did get it. FedEx even delivered it on time. I've been a little limited on time but I did mount it and play a little.

I'll add more in a couple days but real quick - glass is GOOD. The reticle is usable (for me in a outdoor nature background setting) only from 10/12x and above but that shouldn't be a surprise to most folks in a FFP scope. I haven't shot a FT match in years but used to all the time, but still the FT style is still how I set up my stuff, its comfortable for me. That said, this probably isn't the right scope for that arena but I'll add to that after Easter. (the lack of family gathering this year hasn't changed the wife's need to clean like we are having the Royal's for dinner).

Turrets are awesome. I'm not a scope reviewer, but this one is mostly good overall.

My big thing is that I like having the same reticle to look at regardless of the gun. Don't all need to be a Nexus. That's my ultimate do/die choice and I'm not there yet. I'm making a choice that will cover 5 guns/scopes (including this one). Parallax range finding and good glass go together very well as long as the parallax adjustment isn't a hinderance. That's my sticking point for now but it really will be a couple days before I can get back to it.