• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Element helix

1595989608_16787337905f20de68b652c4.02967647.png
1595989608_6417828145f20de68e99136.13784702.png

1595989228_19191191035f20dcec14af25.50702930.png
https://www.opticsplanet.com/vector-optics-veyron-3-12x44mm-rifle-scope.html

Basically it's THIS ONE at a fraction of the price... HOWEVER YOU MAY PAY MORE IF YOU RATHER HAVE THE NAME BRAND INSTEAD OF THE WALMART VERSION...

You should buy both just to see for yourself and compare them side by side and return the one you don't want...

1595989974_6907989635f20dfd63aebc8.51832291.png
1595989974_3531794365f20dfd671f137.74943184.png

https://www-opticsplanet-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.opticsplanet.com/u-s-optics-ts-12x-3-12x42mm-riflescope.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&_iv_amp=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15959897354003&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.opticsplanet.com%2Fu-s-optics-ts-12x-3-12x42mm-riflescope.html

US Optics came out with their TS12 after Vector Optics had already been around for years.

Yo, I cannot wait to see some first hand reports and reviews on the new Vector Optics 34mm 5-30x56FFP Continental to see how that compares to the Element Optics Titan 5-25x56FFP both sell for the same price but the Vector has minimum parallax of 10 yards vs the 15 of the Titan and it has 30x versus the 25x of the Titan? Plus Vector Optics is the manufacturer versus Element Optics outsourcing it all and then needing to add markup...

What does "tight eyebox" mean?

Tight eye box means a very small exit pupil.

This is NOT a bad thing for me and I'll explain.

As a target shooter, a "tIght eyebox" helps you with repeatable hold & eye placement. I don't want a scope like this if it doubles as a pest gun. I only appreciate them as true group shooters.

A small exit pupil does not automatically relate to a tight eye box 😉

Eye box sensitivity is a combination of eye-relief sensitivity and sensitivity of the radial displacements from the optical axis (this one relates to exit-pupil). The 'box' in which you have full vision and proper focus and resolution is called the eye-box. Scopes with a large eye-box are considered easy on the eyes and some scopes have a really bad or small eye-box which requires very precise alignment to optimize vision. For example, I compared the Kahles 10-50 with my Golden Eagle and disliked the Kahles due to it's really tight eye-box (and boat load of CA but that's a different topic..), it cost me way to much effort and focus to get a proper image and I do not like that for target shooting (or at all).

Exit pupil can be calculated by dividing the objective lens size by the magnification -> this directly translates into a size in millimeters of the disk that you can see when looking into the ocular lens from a distance. The exit-pupil limits also the radial displacement from the optical axis that is possible (read lifting your head up an down or sideways), the maximum deviation possible is the radius of this exit pupil disk. Small exit pupils do not automatically mean thigh eye-boxes since even high magnification scopes can be really easy on the eye, tried a March 6-60 once and had no problem at all with finding the proper image. Also the Golden Eagle and Sightron 10-50 feel quite easy on the eyes too, read decent eye-box.

The reason that all large magnification scopes will always start to look more dim at higher magnifications is that the exit pupil at some point becomes smaller than your eyes pupil which means only part of the light will reach your eye and thus starts to look dim. Like Yo already said, almost all low magnification scopes during a sunny day will look really bright because your eye pupil is way smaller than the exit pupil, once you go to higher magnifications in darker conditions (small exit pupil compared to large eye pupil) you will see who is capable of properly polishing and aligning lenses and applying proper coatings for these conditions (read expensive scopes in most cases ;) ).

Clearidge is a very good Japanese bang for the buck but the $299 JAPAN BUSHNELL TAC 5-15x40 AO on sale at SWFA is even better that IMHO resembles the $699 SWFA SS 3-15x42 in brightness and clarity.

IMHO the Bushnell TAC 5-15x40AO Mildot SFP is the last of the great front focus affordable JAPAN scopes that's brighter and clearer than a lot of Chinese made scopes up to 3x-4x the price.

I just got mine and I'm relay happy with it.

I know that is no Nexus, but the fact that Element took the time to really focus on the trrets' quality .

the glass just really works for me and i cant really seem to find any weak points considering the price point. I decided to go with it not only for what i considered to be a comfortable purchase but its an awesome re-sell value, i just realized that the warranty is transferable and if i want to upgrade it'll hold its value really well ( that was an easy pitch for the wife lol )