• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Element helix

Personally I like mine and keeping it on my impact for a while. Haven't really shot with it but it's nice and clear with great reticle and turrets, biggest selling point for me is the turrets. Eyebox is a little tight but I've seen worse! HOWEVER my PARD 007 doesn't seem to like it, not sure what yet but I think the eye relieve is a little too long for the PARD 007 which for most people is a good thing. That's about the only real big gripe I have on it.

I would watch Joe's review before I run out and get one.....unlike me!

I just received mine on Friday. No real complaints yet. I did hear from another member about the small eyebox. I haven’t had a chance to really test for myself.

Fit and finish are really nice. It does have a big ole nitrogen plug on the bottom. I suppose that’s a method to keep cost down? IDK. Made in China of course, blah.

Be aware, PA shows this scope being 13.1” long. It is actually 14.25” in length with eyepiece turned all the way in (CW). 

The turrets seem really solid, nice positive and audible “clicks”. Zero stop works great and relatively easy to adjust. I also really dig the APR-1C reticle.

Are there better scopes out there for $400? I’m sure other members will have their opinion. 

John

Hope there aren't any significantly cheaper CHINESE scopes that are clearer that's all.

It's OK if it's at least like a SAME PRICE CLASS $399 Vortex Diamondback Tactical at max 20x power comparing both side by side both at 20x and If it's not then there a lot of cheaper options for less than half the price. 

Thanks for the replies and input, I’m in need of good scope and this one just kept popping up.

Just buy it and just sell it on the classifieds if you don't like it. Best to see it first hand and if you're not overly critical and $399 isn't a big deal then go for it.

If it's AT LEAST clearer than the $130-$150 Vector Veyron I might even buy one. Then it should be clearer than the mid to upper grade Discovery scopes that cost equal to or less than $399. That would be worth it.

What does "tight eyebox" mean?

Tight eye box means a very small exit pupil.

This is NOT a bad thing for me and I'll explain.

Typical scopes & people are use to having a full sight picture with 3-4" of eye relief. Now if I were to have a scope on a 06, I wouldn't want scope bite from a quick throw up shot on a running Coyote or Groundhog. I got nailed once or twice doing that in my teens. I only shoot AG's & Bows now so no problem for me.
As a target shooter, a "tIght eyebox" helps you with repeatable hold & eye placement. I don't want a scope like this if it doubles as a pest gun. I only appreciate them as true group shooters.

Here's an example. On any scope focus it as you would for any distance on any magnification you normally would. 
Now slowly move your dominant eye closer to the eyepiece. As you do this you'll see your full sight picture shrink with a black circle around it.

The lesson to be learned here is keeping the sight picture in dead center, as you pull away to get a full sight picture. Just like a round bubble level.

If you aren't comfortable with where you get the full sight picture you should adjust scope forward, or further back on the receiver. You'll also notice that this is where you would adjust the cheek piece height, the adjustable butt stock, maybe change ring height if you don't have an adjustable stock.

A anatomical stock will allow you to adjust everything for a perfect fit & feel. 
The precise placement of your eye is extremely important for precise shooting. If your hold/ eye placement varies, things like parallax destroy groups and inconsistent placement shows the further you shoot.

Ask Rangur1 he put his up 4sale REAL QUICK...

contrary to mr yo's implication. i did not put this scope up for sale because i thought it sucked. it is a pretty decent scope for the price point. however , i was pissed i had to wait 2 months for this damn thing. meanwhile i summarily ordered a riton 4-15 and a leupold 6-18 which both came in over a month ago. so with that , the helix would have had to "blow my doors off" which it did not. it's good. not legendary. so without need for the extra scope , i sold it off. 

Ask Rangur1 he put his up 4sale REAL QUICK...

contrary to mr yo's implication. i did not put this scope up for sale because i thought it sucked. it is a pretty decent scope for the price point. however , i was pissed i had to wait 2 months for this damn thing. meanwhile i summarily ordered a riton 4-15 and a leupold 6-18 which both came in over a month ago. so with that , the helix would have had to "blow my doors off" which it did not. it's good. not legendary. so without need for the extra scope , i sold it off.

LEUPOLD 6-18? DO SHARE! Is that an EFR side focus?

I have this scope on the way, Aug 3-11: Tac Veyron 3-12 SFP

I bought this scope based upon Cyclops' review. I think I paid too much though at $195 compared to some other prices I saw. However, the cheaper prices (Optics Planet) had wait times of about 8 weeks.

Have a Riton (super cheap) and a used Burris Mini 4x coming this week. Excited about the Burris. I'm scoping mostly rimfire now but haven't decided what to put on Leshiy 2 when it arrives.