Element Helix SFP 6x24-50 v/s MTC viper pro tactical 3-18-50

Recently I got an Upgraded (fx wilcat sniper mkiii9 and I think its deserves a new glass. So the options are Element Helix SFP 6x24-50 or MTC viper pro tactical 3-18-50 my goal is to hunt mainly rabbits at sometimes at nigts and long shots at day. 
Any suggestion, wich one is the best?

The element is brand new and the MTC is used (very good condition), the price is smimilar.

I only have some experiencie with hawke mediun quality scopes.

I have the Nexus and Helix. They are literally my favorite scopes I own. More specifically have the SFP Helix, and besides no illumination (which is not a big deal to me), it's extremely clear glass, and the focusing is straightforward. I usually sit at 12x, and I have my dials all set super easy to use. Also, their Customer service is pretty good too.

The field of view (FoV) at the bottom end magnification of both of these is very different.....

42y @100y (MTC) vs. 19y (Element).

Are you fine with the bad habit of MTC, UTG, and some other brands to take a MIL reticle scope and put MOA turrets on (MTC)? This requires the shooter to carry/ memorize one set of POA corrections for different ranges for dialing the turrets — and another set for reticle holdovers....

MTC has an illuminated reticle, that somehow seems important for night hunting — Element does not.

Element has a zero stop (to return to your zero easily in the dark). And it is one of the few SFP scopes that offers you a reticle that is calibrated at maximum magnification, not at 10x or 16x.... 

MTC's warranty, last time I checked, only extends to the original owner. 

I remember distinctly reading several criticisms of the MTC glass....

Are you open to any other scopes?

Matthias

The field of view and the iluminates retocle are a topics for hunting at nigts

I have not try with MTC o centerpoint, I get used to hawke and nikko strirling scopes

If I´m open to any other scopes? The anwers is Yes, I also was checking a valiant ZEPHYR 5-20X50 SF SIR , was quite good but the price have raised about 120 usd in the last year.

Today In my country there is no much scopes offer , because of the pandemic.

pjavic,

well, at least you are able to get those scopes. I understand the difficulty of getting good airgun gear to South America, I'm your neighbor (Peru).... 😊

How is shipping from China to Chile? Does the stuff actually arrive?

➔ The Discovery scopes and Vector scopes seem to offer good quality for a very good price.

I'll attach a Scope Specs Table for 4-16x/ 3-18x/ 4-20x scopes so you see what's out there. (The 6-24x/ 5-30x Table needs updating, PM me if you want it).

Matthias

Attachment:

Scope Specs Table 4-16x / 3-18x / 4-20x 

download.png
View attachment SCOPE Specs Table. For 4-16x or 3-18x or 4-20x Scopes.1627059768.pdf