Element Helix or Athlon Argos Gen 2?

Athlon Argos Gen 2 - I feel the 6x24 is the best scope value available!

I have two Argos Gen 1s and two Argos Gen 2s. The crosshair is thinner (but not too thin) in the Gen 2 - it’s pretty much perfect at higher magnification (18-22x) for target shooting dime sized targets at 50 yards.

I picked up an Argos Gen 2 on Amazon for about $310 on a sale a few months ago.

I also own an Athlon Midas Tac 6x24. The glass is better than the Argos, but it’s pretty negligible at airgun distances. The reticle on the Midas Tac is almost too thin. I think you are better off with the Argos Gen 2 and the saving the money from the higher end Athlons. Also, the reticle on the Argos is illuminated, it is not on the Midas Tac.

My experience with Element is not good, but I may have had a defective unit - as it failed a simple box test - did not track.

I believe the lifetime warranty on Athlon is regardless of the owner- if you sell it, the new owner can send it in and Athlon will honor the warranty.

I've owned a large variety of scopes over the years, and have sold most of them. My favorites now are the Athlon Midas Tac 6-2450, the Arken 6-24X50 SH Gen II (which, by the way are 30 percent off on their website) and I just acquired an Athlon Helos 6-24X56 Gen II on Amazon for $464. I just couldn't pass that up. I can't wait to compare this to the Arken, which I think has brilliant optics and nice FOV. I've looked through the Helix and agree that the eybox is way too tight for me. The Athlons and Arkens are a big cut above.

I have an Element Helix SFP and to be honest I really like everything except the eye box. I shoot from different positions depending on what I'm doing and it can be a bit frustrating. It's not horrible to deal with but gets a bit old. If I always shot from a bench, or from a standing position, or laying, and didn't vary from time to time I probably wouldn't even notice it. 

That being said my Athlon Argos is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Then I can make a fair comparison. 

I would have expected top performance with the Element brand considering the team behind the product, disappointing.

Other than the eye box I have no complaints about it at all. For some, or maybe even many, it wouldn't be an issue.

My two SFP Element Helix scopes work very well for bench shooting and Athlon doesn't seem to offer a comparable SFP scope.

I received my Argos yesterday while I was out boating. Despite a tiring day in the sun I swapped out the Helix for it and went out for a quick sight in. Two shots at 10 yards to make sure I was on paper, then a few more at 25 to zero it in. I zero at 25 since most of my shooting is between 15 and 35 yards. The first thing I noticed is the eye box on the Argos is more forgiving, eye relief was about the same between the two scopes, maybe 1/4 inch difference. What surprised me was how much clearer and crisper the Argo glass was. A much brighter view and very crisp. I'm not saying the Helix was bad, in fact I thought it was pretty good until I looked through the Argos.

This is my first FFP scope but it doesn't really matter since I usually aim for the eyes or right between the eyes on rabbits and squirrels so use 18 or 24x the vast majority of the time.

I'm glad I took the time sighting it in because early evening, about 15 minutes after I finished, my neighbor invited me and the wife over for a holiday drink and to exterminate the squirrels attacking his bird feeders and seat cushions. Within minutes I took out four that were between 25 and 35 yards out, All dropped in their tracks with head shots,