Element Helix on Impact MK2

need some scope help. I cant seem to wrap my head around the EHR-1C reticle. I am familiar with mil dot and half mil dot scopes. Love the hawke 1/2 mildot on my gauntlet. But this element scope i cant seem to get it dialed in to match chairguns claims.

I have the scope height in with no issue. I'm at 2.88" over bore for the height. Speed is 1029 FPS with NSA 26.8 gr slugs. using .088 bc. Chairgun says -7.30 MOA or 2.12 dots. Ok seems right. so the EHR reticle is marked at 4 8 12 16 and 20. If i hold 7 line i'm almost 4 MOA or Lines over taget on my hits at 100 yards. If I use the 3rd line i'm on target. 

Maybe i'm getting confused on the older 1/4" click @100 yards scope versus 1/4 MOA per click? can someone explain this scope reticle and how it would translate as a mildot style or should i just save all the headaches and setup a scope tape and dial for distance? seems faster to just be able to set the zero and hold over on the dots and dashes for distance.

What magnification are you using? I noticed that your reticle is for a second focal plane scope, your ranging is going to different at different magnifications. Generally, you would range, at least in my experience, at 10X but I'm not sure what magnification Element wants you to range your target at. This is why I prefer the front focal plane. While the reticle can be a bit difficult to read a low magnification, 2 mil or in your case, 2moa, is 2 moa at all magnification levels.

Are you enjoying the helix? Any regrets? I’m debating the helix ffp mrad vs titan.

fmetz

Looks like you been reading Helix threads so I'll put in my 2 cents. It's my hunting scope and I love it. Yes the eye box is a little small.....ok very small BUT since it's SO small only way to see clearly is to have your eye positioned 100% correct at full zoom. HOWEVER thanks to that your parallax is perfect and accuracy is superb at 24X, not the best way to achieve that but it works. Also the reticle is awesome! At 24 it's 1:1 and at 12 every mil is 2 mils so if you see 8 mils you actually have 16 mils of holdover, EVERY usable and very easy to get use to it. I use mine at 12 when shooting pass 50 yards but usually leave it on 6-8 for better target acquisition and quick close range shots and exactly the reason I want SFP reticle. It's an extremely well thought out scope and if the glass is like the Alpha 6 I see people fighting over it even at 800 dollar price range. 

Thanks to Odoyle I'm trying couple of other scopes for target shooting and eventual powder burner projects but for hunting purposes I probably will switch back to the Helix regardless. No, I will NOT be selling my Helix period even though I have other scopes that have far better glass. Helix's selling point is NOT their glass quality obviously but it is a very well packaged and thought out scope, I personally think there isn't a better value scope if you aren't looking at the glass only. Not saying the glass is bad, it is pretty good in fact but the eye box is very small onece you get pass 16 or 20x.

keep in mind everyone’s shooting styles are different so everyone uses and value different features. For a normal hunting scope it’s actually not that great because most people don’t hunt that far so 24 is a little overkill. For 70-80 yards and closer 12-15x zoom is all you need and I have a couple of different scopes for that with really clear glass. if you only shoot minimum 50 yards and spend most of your time at 100 plus then a 24 FFP scope would be better. However if you want 1 scope for both close and far Helix has unique features that make it extremely versatile especially at that price range. I hunt rabbits in some of the wildlife areas that have both trees, brushes and open plain so my shots could be between 10 yards to well over 100. The helix is the only scope I know that works extremely well in my use case. My FFP scope sucked at close range because I can’t see the reticle at all at 4x and my normal SFP scopes suck at 100+ yards long shots because reticle is only accurate at 10x which is not enough.